CBD....CBD/THC Strain Recommendations

• Thread starter sportyridr
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
sportyridr

sportyridr

Hey all, I am interested in growing some CBD, here is a bit of info

My MIL has Fibromyalgia and she can get all the freakin opioids they give her but does not want to take them and refuses to live like that.
(must be heavy CBD and virtually little to no THC.

My Landlord has severe migraines and there is no meds that work that great for her.
(must be heavy CBD and virtually little to no THC. )

Me, I don't sleep well at all & have bad arthritis thats pretty debilitating at times. (I can do any amount THC in my CBD but not the folks listed above)

I realize there may not be 1 strain alone that can help but I am able to grow 3 or 4 plants at a time so diff. strains are not an issue. That said tho I would prefer not to have a whole tent of CBD, a guy's gotta have some weed growing too lol. I will be growing in soil if that makes any difference

So please recommend away, many thanks in advance.

Sporty

B

Burned Haze

I’m growing this strain (12/50pack) along with wa high cbg (12) strain outdoors

point is why I pricked this strain , very high in cbd and the terps were to help with relxation, sleep and pain. People don’t realize terps is half the battle vs just cannabinoids selection %

sportyridr

sportyridr

I’m growing this strain (12/50pack) along with wa high cbg (12) strain outdoors

point is why I pricked this strain , very high in cbd and the terps were to help with relxation, sleep and pain. People don’t realize terps is half the battle vs just cannabinoids selection %

Thanks

This stuff sounds like it will be a winner in the NON THC area...any ideas for a good strain with a killer mix of both cbd & thc??

B

Burned Haze

Thanks

This stuff sounds like it will be a winner in the NON THC area...any ideas for a good strain with a killer mix of both cbd & thc??

Honestly if your not selling it (meaning those hemp producers have to keep it under 0.1 thc%) , what I do is have a bowl of thc cannabis and cbd cannabis or cbg or all, or you could even mix them all in one bowl and smoke at your own choice, since cbg or cbd helps with anxiety and all of the cannabinoids and terps do different things .

the cbd only and thc only has really made a misguided viewpoint that terp are a huge even factor on the person as well ( almost 5o%+, so why isn’t that known widely ?)

442B2742 AB56 4AA1 BAD3 8C6AF953F532

threatco

threatco

That wss super helpful. I've downloaded the charts for future reference.

The challenge as I see it for me is that most of the seed vendor websites do not post a lab result tests for even thc or cbd let alone the rest.

Where would you look to to find reliable aggregated lab test results of cannabis genetics when researching a new strain to grow?

sportyridr

sportyridr

Honestly if your not selling it (meaning those hemp producers have to keep it under 0.1 thc%) , what I do is have a bowl of thc cannabis and cbd cannabis or cbg or all, or you could even mix them all in one bowl and smoke at your own choice, since cbg or cbd helps with anxiety and all of the cannabinoids and terps do different things .

the cbd only and thc only has really made a misguided viewpoint that terp are a huge even factor on the person as well ( almost 5o%+, so why isn’t that known widely ?)

Honestly I thought about just mixing after I posted which would seem the best way to be able to make adjustments that would be more meaningful instead of a set profile so to speak.

Great chart, not seen prior

Thanks

GrowGnome

GrowGnome

Hey! I dont know many CBD strains. But let's tag @GrowGnome I think he may know some good ones.

Hey thanks @threatco Hello @sportyridr ,

There are so many good strains out there that are low in THC.
For a legal hemp designation in the U.S. the limit is 0.3% THC. Medicinally speaking, research has shown that the THC is needed, along with terpenes and a host of cannabinoids to create what is called the entourage effect. That's why if you're interested in taking CBD oil, I would highly recommend that you take full spectrum products, not isolates. There are hemp or low THC varieties that you can order from Europe and other good seed banks that hover around 1.0% THC, that I think would be great medicine for those people you've listed. @Burned Haze is right, the terpenes play a role in the psychoactive effects of cannabis and contribute to the healing entourage effect.

For the low THC side of things (hemp) I would recommend The Wife, Cherry Wine, Charlottes Gift, (any derivative from the Charlotte lineage would be great) Suver Haze, Sour Space Candy, there's a ton more, and some share the same name and carry lineage of their high THC counterparts like Bubba Kush. I'd also look into getting a CBG dominant cultivar for your friends.

On the medicinal side of high THC, I'd recommend leaning toward broad leafed indica for your sleep trouble, but the following would be great - Harlequin, Cannatonic, Northern Lights, Jamaican Lion, Dr. Grinspoon etc... Get sleepy with some Pre 98 Bubba Kush if you can find it.

Finding and sourcing these genetics is another topic and I'm not sure how to share or navigate this forum and I don't know what is allowed. Listing websites etc. Would now be a good time to discuss the strain name dilemma? I'm sure someone at the farm would love to chime in about that.

weedtech

weedtech

Supporter
Terpenes are where its at if you are looking for medicinal use. Without the "entourage effect" CBD and THC levels are not as useful as they may seem. This is why we struggle over certain strains for medical use. The phenotype expression is the goal - and the strain just puts you in the range.

putting this here, cause it seems appropriate.

Kanzeon

Kanzeon

That wss super helpful. I've downloaded the charts for future reference.

The challenge as I see it for me is that most of the seed vendor websites do not post a lab result tests for even thc or cbd let alone the rest.

Where would you look to to find reliable aggregated lab test results of cannabis genetics when researching a new strain to grow?

Gotta go straight to the breeder. Ace, for example, has most of their strains tested for cannabinoid and terpene content analysis.

weedtech

weedtech

Supporter
As @Kanzeon mentions - there is no normalized reference or guide beyond breeder observations. I think I understand the ask - but it becomes important to grok the YMMV of this experience. Some crops may be spot on and unless you understand what made it that way - reproduction can be problematic.

weedtech

weedtech

Supporter
My concern is mostly about supporting opiate discontinuance. I want that to be successful - and empty promises of relief make us all assholes. Leaving that is hard - and this seems to be one of few routes to get out of that hole.

Take the stranger from your boat. I'm broken and in pain but I'll not let opiates be my captain.

Last edited:
GrowGnome

GrowGnome

My concern is mostly about supporting opiate discontinuance. I want that to be successful - and empty promises of relief make us all assholes. Leaving that is hard - and this seems to be one of few routes to get out of that hole.

@sportyridr Look into using NAD IVs for coming down from opiates. (Nicotinamide Adenine Dinucleotide) is basically a powerful B vitamin that's used in therapy for alcohol and opioids, as well as treatment for depression and PTSD. It's amazing stuff.

Kanzeon

Kanzeon

Opiates are fucking poison. Been addicted twice, both times quit cold turkey. One right after a major surgery.

For anyone trying to stop using them, I HIGHLY recommend Kratom. It's not perfect, but nobody has ever OD'ed from it, and it binds to the opioid receptors to kill the cravings. It's far easier to taper off than pills are.

CBD + CBN are the best combination for sleep that I've found. Kava Kava can be a nice muscle relaxer on top of cannabis if that's an issue.

Microdosing acid/shrooms has helped people as well, though I can't speak from personal experience on that one.

weedtech

weedtech

Supporter
I'm a psychedelic booster - for mental needs. But opiates are a body fuck. I felt the hand of it when I had cancer and they tossed pills at me on the second operation. The first went fine and I was feeling awesome. The second time started me down the rabbit hole. I was astounded by how weak it made me to stop and I wanted more, even though I really didn't need it as much as I thought. I was fucked up about how cancer was changing my experience of life to be not what I'd planned.

So, after quitting the hydrocodone and all - I could probably benefit from a handful of mushrooms to get my mind in a better place.

Kanzeon

Kanzeon

Addiction is all in the Default Mode Network. It's a self-reinforcing pattern that's created by satisfying the chemical cravings.

The default mode network is weakened or dissolved by psychedelics, which is what makes people more immediately open and adaptable. Michael Pollan's How to Change Your Mind is highly recommended.

weedtech

weedtech

Supporter

Back in the day, we called it sugar even though it was usually brown and not nice at all.

Top Bottom