CBD, Snake oil of our time?

• Thread starter 1diesel1
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None

Is CBD snake oil of our time?

• Total voters
MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

I guess I'm not up to speed. What dozen new ways are you referring to? If I am going to break a law, I at least want to know that it's against the law prior to making the decision to break it. I hope that makes sense.

Plant count, labeling, transporting, etc all have fines now over limits. And they will want to prosecute to make up for all the dime bag arrests they dont get anymore.

If seed to sale takes off then you can get caught with unaproved genetics and who knows what else they will think of. And they want tax paid at every step.

Look at canadas system. They want you to only buy their seeds already.

We are just getting started. When it goes federally legal it will be much worse for the home grower too. Im guessing 2-4 plants per household max. And strict posession limits.

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

Plant count, labeling, transporting, etc all have fines now over limits. And they will want to prosecute to make up for all the dime bag arrests they dont get anymore.

If seed to sale takes off then you can get caught with unaproved genetics and who knows what else they will think of. And they want tax paid at every step.

Look at canadas system. They want you to only buy their seeds already.

We are just getting started. When it goes federally legal it will be much worse for the home grower too. Im guessing 2-4 plants per household max. And strict posession limits.

Currently, I have 11 plants. My wife and I both have our cards. My understanding is that we are both still allowed up to 12 plants each because of that. Right now, I'm ok but if I am misunderstanding the law, then lets say I root 13 cuttings thinking between us we are allowed 24 plants. Am I still in compliance?

I think (not positive of this) that under recreational laws, each household is only allowed up to 12 plants.

Rooke

Rooke

Lol, I didn’t ask if it was snake oil:)
Just was curious how folks felt about the subject.
But I did hear it makes damn good rope.
Hey there buddy are you using the new CBD infused synthetic motor oil that’s on the market now? Cures foreign and domestic vehicles of all squeaks, knocks ,misses etc etc? Lmao!!!!

Deadstill

Deadstill

I'm from the government, and I'm here to help.
Supporter
One other thing I will say about CBD is I have personally witnessed my friend use a CBD tincture on his son's gums when he has seizures and it stops almost instantly so there's definitely something to that.

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

One other thing I will say about CBD is I have personally witnessed my friend use a CBD tincture on his son's gums when he has seizures and it stops almost instantly so there's definitely something to that.

I don't think people are disputing that it has helped control seizures. There are legitimate medical uses at least from what I've read. However, I do get what many people are saying when they talk of "snake oil." It's not the legitimate uses ... it's the wild claims you sometimes here. So no, I don't believe that the new CBD floor wax is going to lengthen the life of my hard wood floor.

I do believe CBD has worked wonders against certain hard to treat seizure disorders, especially in children.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Currently, I have 11 plants. My wife and I both have our cards. My understanding is that we are both still allowed up to 12 plants each because of that. Right now, I'm ok but if I am misunderstanding the law, then lets say I root 13 cuttings thinking between us we are allowed 24 plants. Am I still in compliance?

I think (not positive of this) that under recreational laws, each household is only allowed up to 12 plants.

I cant find where it says we are allowed to have a medical garden and 12 rec plants.

But by the old laws (which are no more) card holders can have 12 plants each and 2.5 oz each of usable marijuana. any amount of extract eats that limit right up with their unfair conversions.

And both your gardens must be seperate and lockable and labeled as such.

But rec has changed all that it just isnt specified that i have found.

I am not renewing my med card. I will no longer answer to michigan for weed. I dropped the caregiver card when my dispensary got busted 4 years ago.

Its like i said. We are safe until we aren't.

Trust no one tell no one is still best.

And i think your 13th plant is a $500 fine. And the other 12 may be thousands and jail time. Its up to the local cops, prosecutor and judge. And since almost no townships want legal weed in their towns i assume most judges are still against it. I know ours are.

Deadstill

Deadstill

I'm from the government, and I'm here to help.
Supporter
I don't think people are disputing that it has helped control seizures. There are legitimate medical uses at least from what I've read. However, I do get what many people are saying when they talk of "snake oil." It's not the legitimate uses ... it's the wild claims you sometimes here. So no, I don't believe that the new CBD floor wax is going to lengthen the life of my hard wood floor.

I do believe CBD has worked wonders against certain hard to treat seizure disorders, especially in children.

Yeah from what I understand, from legitimate sources, a lot of products being sold as CBD products are actually fake. So the only place you can be sure is selling legitimate CBD is from medical dispensaries, because they are the ONLY ones that have to have their products tested, etc. The stuff they sell in nutrition centers, gas stations, smoke shops, etc. Could have extremely little to no actual CBD in it at all, as these products are not regulated.

logic

logic

Administrator
Staff
Yeah from what I understand, from legitimate sources, a lot of products being sold as CBD products are actually fake. So the only place you can be sure is selling legitimate CBD is from medical dispensaries, because they are the ONLY ones that have to have their products tested, etc. The stuff they sell in nutrition centers, gas stations, smoke shops, etc. Could have extremely little to no actual CBD in it at all, as these products are not regulated.
https://mjobserver.com/europe/greec...ence-between-labeled-and-actual-cbd-contents/

Jack og

Jack og

Supporter
Humble opinion;
Whenever there is a hollyweird hype on any product, it’s gets contrived into something that it isn’t.
CBD; in its original capacity, ie: charlottes web and the like is great medicine , why? It has the higher percentage yield of cbd with the added thc. I know hemp has this but Apple to apples hemp isn’t good for cbd because it lack the “entourage” effects of all the other cabanoid compounds that we are now “discovering”. CBG is the next new thing thing, we have cbn, cba, thcv and the likes. So at face value cbd derived and “prescribed “ by social media is bunk.
Cbd needs thc, and cbd needs to be at about 500-700 mg/l for it to even be effective.
Anything lower; eat regular cooking oil as it’s useless.
So my honest 2 cents.

Jack og

Jack og

Supporter
To note , high sativa variants without cbd will cause paranoia, cbd regulates the cabanoid receptor hence why landrace strains always have a 1-% to 4% naturally occurring in sativa. As we have bred with the need to get the bag value/strenght we have messed this mixture up!

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter

No word of a lie, when I renewed my grow license recently my doctor advised me to try rectally administered extract. I was like lol, no thanks I'm not into that kinda thing... But then she got deep into the research that's coming out and honestly it's pretty Interesting. They're finding people can take massive doses of decarboxilated extract, like upwards of a full gram and still absorb the thc into the bloodstream and get all the medicinal benefits of the delta 9 THC without getting any of the psychological "high" you would normally get if you ate it. I'm not gonna try it,... lol, but it is interesting for folks going through cancer treatment etc who want to get a large amount of active cannabinoids in their system but dont like getting wacked off their face.

Jack og

Jack og

Supporter
No word of a lie, when I renewed my grow license recently my doctor advised me to try rectally administered extract. I was like lol, no thanks I'm not into that kinda thing... But then she got deep into the research that's coming out and honestly it's pretty Interesting. They're finding people can take massive doses of decarboxilated extract, like upwards of a full gram and still absorb the thc into the bloodstream and get all the medicinal benefits of the delta 9 THC without getting any of the psychological "high" you would normally get if you ate it. I'm not gonna try it,... lol, but it is interesting for folks going through cancer treatment etc who want to get a large amount of active cannabinoids in their system but dont like getting wacked off their face.
I’ve heard the suppository works for ppl too. Cancer patients do use it but it’s rso or the like but cbd..... May get popular north of me in San Francisco....

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

It doesnt make sense that you wouldn't get high. Its straight to the bloodstream and seconds from the brain.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
It doesnt make sense that you wouldn't get high. Its straight to the bloodstream and seconds from the brain.
I know, It made no sense to me either but she explained that thc that's processed by the liver is primarily responsible for the head high. Smoking goes through the lungs then the liver, eating goes through the digestive tract and the liver, but rectally administered it goes directly into the bloodstream bypassing the liver. Or at least that's what I remember from our conversation. I havent really looked into it much on my own otherwise.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

I know, It made no sense to me either but she explained that thc that's processed by the liver is primarily responsible for the head high. Smoking goes through the lungs then the liver, eating goes through the digestive tract and the liver, but rectally administered it goes directly into the bloodstream bypassing the liver. Or at least that's what I remember from our conversation. I havent really looked into it much on my own otherwise.

the only issue is conversion of thc and other cannabanoids. If it is decarbed it would immedietely get the user high.

Pretty sure thats the only reason it wouldnt get us high.

The advantage would be no stress on the liver. They dont talk about it much but these high doses of canabanoids can cause liver problems.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
the only issue is conversion of thc and other cannabanoids. If it is decarbed it would immedietely get the user high.

Pretty sure thats the only reason it wouldnt get us high.

The advantage would be no stress on the liver. They dont talk about it much but these high doses of canabanoids can cause liver problems.

Yeah, I had a lot of the same questions. I questioned her if she was talking about decarb'd/activated thc or thc-A, and she was adamant that no, she meant fully active decarboxylated delta 9 thc, large doses can be taken rectally and the most people are reporting is some mild euphoria, but nothing like you'd expect ingesting 1000mg of thc orally. But the activated thc is still being transferred to the bloodstream in greater amounts than you absorb orally even.
She did admit that they arent sure why there is a lack of mental effects and that the liver bypass is suspected as being at least partly the reason, but they're still learning.

Anyway, again I could be wrong, but that's pretty much verbatim what my doc told me. I dont see myself testing out her theory any time soon lol.

Latest posts

Top Bottom