CBDs: There's more to weed than THC

• Thread starter caregiverken
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Medusa

Medusa

Trichome Engineer
Supporter
CBD is a behind-the-scenes workhorse, facilitating a staggering number of bodily changes while being completely non-psychoactive.

by Edie Adelstein @edieadelstein

In the land of cannabinoids, tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) gets most of the publicity. It is, after all, the compound with the most well-known flair, being the main source of all the euphoric, trippy effects.
Less popular, but perhaps only until now, has been cannabidiol, or CBD, the second most-common cannabinoid among the 70 to 100 found in marijuana (and the most common in hemp). CBD is a behind-the-scenes workhorse, facilitating a staggering number of bodily changes while being completely non-psychoactive.
To start, CBDs counter some of the less desirable side-effects of THC, like anxiety, paranoia, rapid heartbeat and short-term memory loss. In high doses, it can help insomniacs sleep, but in smaller amounts, it can be energizing. It can also reduce inflammation, nausea and convulsions.
As the list continues to grow, so do the CBD-centric products on the market. High-CBD strains are finally more readily available after decades of breeding geared toward high-THC yields. In the edibles industry, companies like Cheeba Chews and Dixie Elixirs & Edibles have developed special CBD products; for instance, the latter's non-psychoactive Dixie X comes from hemp oil, and according to the website, the company's in talks to distribute it in grocery and health food stores.
Char Mayes of the local infused-products company TinctureBelle offers a more mom-and-pop approach for patients seeking help from CBDs. While her products are all hybrids (from strain to cannabinoid content), Mayes did make a special high-CBD tincture for local patient Chaz Moore, who suffers from myoclonus diaphragmatic flutter, a condition that seizes the teenager with uncontrollable spasms in his abdomen.
"They had given me the plant," Mayes says. "And so, I'll help patients out like that, but I don't have it on a constant basis to do."
And when it comes to CBDs, all this is just the tip of the proverbial bud.

More at the link on top
Ken what's the highest CBD strain uhave seen? This is from Varc.

Medusa

Medusa

Trichome Engineer
Supporter
That would be it ^^^
both the strains ive grown (Harley and Sout T) were like 6.5% of each (cbd and thc)
ive seen Canatonic test at many different levels

Whats Varc. ?
Veterans Alternative Resource Center. How bout when time I post the whole results up when able . And the cross that made it . Unfortunately they never made the beans.

CelticEBE

CelticEBE

A friend of mine just posted this on facebook....just so you guys know. Something better than Charlottes Web will soon be cirulating through California.

Tonight I head to Garberville

Tomorrow is the services for my friend Lawrence Ringo...

Lawrence Ringo is a Cannabis Farmer and Breeder who was involved in the breeding up of the CBD and breeding down of the THC

He gave away oil to those who needed it...

He went out and taught people to make the oil....

I met Lawrence on a day when I approached 72 booths. Telling them my mission...

We talked to a while and exchanged numbers and when I called home the following week, he was kind of excited because I had told him about Winterization and he was telling me how it improved his numbers in his oil...

He Invited me to his farm and I was able to see how its done... When done by a pro....

I still remember heading to his farm for the first time, all excited like I was heading to mecca...

I remember being amazed at all the thought and love it must have taken to make this place as amazing as it was....

Lawrence Ringo gave away a LOT of oil over the years... Helping A LOT of people...

If I can help half as many as him I will have done the world a service...

Well since I've started this mission, I have been trying to help the CBD medicine spread....

After hearing about the strain "Charlotte's Web" I tried to find it in California.... No no avail...

I called Colorado... And found out that the breeders of "Charlotte's Web" were a "for profit" corporation and they will not release the strain and if anyone wants it they must move to Colorado and buy it from them....

Sanjay Gupta isn't talking about THAT though are they...

I called Lawrence and he told me to not worry about genetics that his breeding was to "help the people"

The last season of Lawrence Ringo's growing.... He crossed his "Harle-Tsu (his lowest tch and highest cbd strain) and his Swiss Tsu (his lowest thc highest cbd INDICA strain) with AC/DC (California's highest cbd strain)

These new strains are higher in Cbd and lower in thc than Charlotte's web...

They are called:
Ringo's Gift (harle-tsu ac/dc)

Ringo's Joy (swiss tsu ac/dc

Thank you Lawrence Ringo.... Your legacy will live forever.....

EVOKE

EVOKE

id like to hear more about these cbc strains i have a few family members that can really use this...

Jack Dupp

Jack Dupp

Howdy everyone.

@Penelope and I have been working together on some CBD strains, and had the CannaTonic tested by a lab. Here are the results. THC - 2.68% CBD - 7.96%

We also had some BHO made and tested. THC - 17.21% and CBD - 38.20%

I have to say that I was very surprised how much the THC effected me. The high was very different, but only lasted about 10 min. Then the CBDs kicked in and my eyelids felt about 20lbs heavy. The flowers aren't that great to smoke, but everyone I know that has tried the oil claims immediate and lasting positive effects. Plus the BHO tastes very floral even with the residual solvent at 200 ppms. I plan on running some bubble hash with the CannaTonic and will get that tested as well.

We'll be picking up a Sour-Tsunami soon that is supposed to have better numbers than the CannaTonic flowers. We'll put it to the test.

In the meantime, here is Penelope's current project - Remedy.

IMG 0439

From another site:

The Remedy is a high CBD strain that’s 75% Indica & 25% Sativa. The Remedy was developed by Jamie from Resin Seeds (breeder of Cannatonic) and Mr. Nice Seeds known for Super Silver Haze and White Widow, among others.

The Remedy (Z7 regular), [Cannatonic x (Afghan x Skunk)] x [Afghan X Skunk] has a 6-8 week flowering time. It likes phosphorus during flowering.

Grows of The Remedy often have CBD levels >10%.

This plant has some beautiful structure, and may be the subject of some high CBD crosses if the numbers come out well.

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
the reliability of CBD seed stock is questionable. The ratios are not consistent with what is advertised, and some have higher THC levels than CBDs. If possible he recommends getting clones from tested mothers.
worth quoting..

frebo

frebo

I crossed Honey Bear and Lemon Thai and grew two seed plants. The first Lemon Honey 14% thc and 7% cbd's and the sister Noel tested at 20% thc and 0%cbd Lemon Honey smelled like lemons and Honey Bear. Noel had almost not smell at harvest but after time in the jar it has a faint lemon smell.
Last year I crossed a Blackcherry /Soma/Harlequin with Harlequin, with Honey Bear and with Lemon Honey. I am currently growing two of each cross. I made about 40 clones of last years Lemon Honey and have several friends growing them. This strain is already very popular in southern Oregon.

Ladyv

Ladyv

Harle-Tsu samples are back from the werc shop!!!
Now the really hard part - figuring out which to keep!! I believe I'll have a terpene analysis done on each of my highest cbd strains before I decide.

THC/CBD
0.62/12.75
0.55/10.82
0.74/15.81
0.65/13.32
4.46/7.71
4.86/8.31

C

chicagokh7

At the moment, Im trying a MNS cbd enriched strain, and it works really well against my physical pains.
But gives me some headaches when I medicate with it in the morning.
It seems that the cbd neutralises the THC high.
When Im not high at all, and I medicate with the CBD strain, I get headaches.
And when Im high, the CBD neutralises the high and I have no headaches.

That's why I start the day with a high THC strain, and then I use the CBD strain to get a clear mind and not feel high the whole day.
Makes the things alot easier, the therapeutic effects last longer and I keep motivated and do not get tired during the day.

Better it would be with no headaches at all; to start the day with the cbd strain...

For sure, I will be trying something like Cannatonic to see if I experience the same benefits but without the headaches...

Oldman Green

Oldman Green

Ken what's the highest CBD strain uhave seen? This is from Varc. View attachment 405071

Hello friends ....

I work as a breeder with Resin seeds, and I'm glad to hear all this regarding Cannatonic. I know this cut of Michigan and is truly surprising.

There are many crosses on the market that do not clearly explain the origin of the parental high in CBD. Our team was among the first banks in the market to work the CBD. To our knowledge were only GW scientific studies regarding inheritance chemotype of cannabinoids. I attached the link.

Now we work with Cannatonnic few lines that will be released in a few months. Coming soon you will see some of this work.

Good vibes !!!!

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
Harle-Tsu samples are back from the werc shop!!!
Now the really hard part - figuring out which to keep!! I believe I'll have a terpene analysis done on each of my highest cbd strains before I decide.

THC/CBD
0.62/12.75
0.55/10.82
0.74/15.81
0.65/13.32
4.46/7.71
4.86/8.31
Those are great CBD numbers...Best Ive seen from seeds
Good ole Lawrence Ringo!

smokin jay

smokin jay

I really liked the Mango Haze from CBD Crew! CBD Crew is a collaboration of Jeorge Cervantes, Shantibaba, and Resin seeds (according to attitude seeds). The plants were monsters outdoor and indoor. The outdoor plants were 5ft wide and 8ft tall with nice full buds, and I didn't get them in the ground till July 4th. Cant wait till next outdoor season! They tested at around 7% each thc and cbd (1:1 ratio). They taste and smell fantastic very skunky and fruity. Awesome for oil extraction as well. I would post test stats but I gave them to a patient for documentation purposes who is recently cancer free! I will share this success story in another post. I saw that TGA Subcool has a high CBD strain called pennywise I was thinking about trying out it looks promising with 70% of phenos testing at 12-15% CBD and equal amounts THC. I really like a well rounded plant as I feel the THC plays a huge role in the healing process as well as the CBD. However my kudos go out to the folks for doing the near zero THC for the kiddos that need this medicine due to the fact that far more research needs to be done as far as THC and brain development in children.

E

E.T.

what no one says is that Cannatonic it's also just a pheno of another strain from a third seedbank and not MK Ultra X G13 like they say lol. Resin Seeds (and by extension all the people working with those genetics and spreading bullshit all over the world) are just making cash from the original strains discovered by the Spanish seedbank Reggae Seeds, they were the first guys who found those rare CBD phenos in their strains (Dub, Dancehall, Juanita) and started working with them in 2004-2006. They were crosses made from a CBD rich NYC Diesel male (Soma Seeds) and Queen Mother strain (Delicatessen Seeds).

Later in 2008 Jaime from Resin seeds got 7000 seeds from them (via Alex, who was Soma's son-in-law) and from there, they selected a few CBD rich phenotypes and named them Cannatonic and Dulce Canna, but they were simply phenos of Dancehall or Dub strains from Reggae Seeds. Time after that, he also founded CBD Crew with Shantiblabla and they started hyping up all the CBD bullshit.

Same with medical projects like Tikum Olam in Israel. They simply got packs from Jaime, first some Cannatonic packs and later 300 feminised seeds of Z6 and Z7. They used all those strains to select Avi-Dekel (16.3% CBD), Midnight (12.4 % CBD), El-Na (6.5 %CBD) or Rafael (18.6% CBD) but they are in fact simply different phenotypes of the same plants. They haven't been doing any super special scientific breeding or anything like that, just growing those seeds they got from Jaime.

So the sad thing is that the ones taking the credit by all this CBD trend are not even the strain creators but just some greedy guys making he most from the trend and other people's work. It's always the same old story, even though Reggae Seeds were also working with stuff from others (Delicatessen Seeds and Soma) already instead of doing proper breeding with landraces or their own genetics.

Summary of the first years of the CBD Wave and some of the mains things:

Jimi, breeder of Reggae Seeds starts the wave in 2004 with a New York City Diesel Male with CBD that uses to create Juanita la lagrimosa, Kalijah and more strains, in the second step he creates in 2006 Dancehall, Dub, Session and more strains. In 2008 he gives to Alex Soma 5000 Dub and 2000 Dancehall (still not payed). Alex gives to Jaime (Resin Seeds) and say him that was MK Ultra x G13 Haze, Jaime select Cannatonic and Freeman selects Dieseltonic and Dulce Canna, we believe the 3 plants are genotypes of Dancehall. Jaime gets a prize in High Times Cannabis Cup 2008 and make the analysis in Canna stand during Spannabis 2009 discovering the CBDWave. In 2009 and 2010 Jaime makes the first CBD genetics marketing campaign. Jaime and Shantibaba create CBD Crew to offer a whole range of CBD genetics. Later other seedbanks made collaborations with them to create true CBD genetics. In 2011 Soft Secrets writes “Cannatonic y Juanita la verdadera historia”, first and only time that Jimi and Jaime explains the truth about this genetics.

smokin jay

smokin jay

what no one says is that Cannatonic it's also just a pheno of another strain from a third seedbank and not MK Ultra X G13 like they say lol. Resin Seeds (and by extension all the people working with those genetics and spreading bullshit all over the world) are just making cash from the original strains discovered by the Spanish seedbank Reggae Seeds, they were the first guys who found those rare CBD phenos in their strains (Dub, Dancehall, Juanita) and started working with them in 2004-2006. They were crosses made from a CBD rich NYC Diesel male (Soma Seeds) and Queen Mother strain (Delicatessen Seeds).

Later in 2008 Jaime from Resin seeds got 7000 seeds from them (via Alex, who was Soma's son-in-law) and from there, they selected a few CBD rich phenotypes and named them Cannatonic and Dulce Canna, but they were simply phenos of Dancehall or Dub strains from Reggae Seeds. Time after that, he also founded CBD Crew with Shantiblabla and they started hyping up all the CBD bullshit.

Same with medical projects like Tikum Olam in Israel. They simply got packs from Jaime, first some Cannatonic packs and later 300 feminised seeds of Z6 and Z7. They used all those strains to select Avi-Dekel (16.3% CBD), Midnight (12.4 % CBD), El-Na (6.5 %CBD) or Rafael (18.6% CBD) but they are in fact simply different phenotypes of the same plants. They haven't been doing any super special scientific breeding or anything like that, just growing those seeds they got from Jaime.

So the sad thing is that the ones taking the credit by all this CBD trend are not even the strain creators but just some greedy guys making he most from the trend and other people's work. It's always the same old story, even though Reggae Seeds were also working with stuff from others (Delicatessen Seeds and Soma) already instead of doing proper breeding with landraces or their own genetics.

Summary of the first years of the CBD Wave and some of the mains things:

Jimi, breeder of Reggae Seeds starts the wave in 2004 with a New York City Diesel Male with CBD that uses to create Juanita la lagrimosa, Kalijah and more strains, in the second step he creates in 2006 Dancehall, Dub, Session and more strains. In 2008 he gives to Alex Soma 5000 Dub and 2000 Dancehall (still not payed). Alex gives to Jaime (Resin Seeds) and say him that was MK Ultra x G13 Haze, Jaime select Cannatonic and Freeman selects Dieseltonic and Dulce Canna, we believe the 3 plants are genotypes of Dancehall. Jaime gets a prize in High Times Cannabis Cup 2008 and make the analysis in Canna stand during Spannabis 2009 discovering the CBDWave. In 2009 and 2010 Jaime makes the first CBD genetics marketing campaign. Jaime and Shantibaba create CBD Crew to offer a whole range of CBD genetics. Later other seedbanks made collaborations with them to create true CBD genetics. In 2011 Soft Secrets writes “Cannatonic y Juanita la verdadera historia”, first and only time that Jimi and Jaime explains the truth about this genetics.
Damn bro you know your genetic history for sure LOL. I just grow the genetics that I can get a hold of that have a good amount of CBD and share my experience with them. Seems like every breeder is jumping on the CBD band wagon these days! I chose CBD Crew because that was all I could get my hands on at the time and Shantibaba has been in the biz for decades. I personally didn't like the fact that all I could get were feminized seeds from CBD Crew. I think it limits the ability to acquire a better pheno that may have better qualities such as CBD content, yield, etc... I couldn't trust that these new breeders all of the sudden had high CBD strains after it started becoming a "market". From the knowledge you seem to have I would definitely take some advice on some good high CBD genetics from you! I'm just trying to help sick folks that need this medicine and don't want to get so high they cant even work.

Latest posts

Top Bottom