cch2o UC-RDWC: 20x1000w

• Thread starter BCboys
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
BCboys

BCboys

Hey hogan, thanks a lot for all the time you've put into helping me out with the detailed advice. I can imagine how busy you are so big thanks ma man.

Do you think you could expand a little bit on the reason why slowing of water on one side could cause aggressive rot? Is this becuase some buckets would become much warmer from lack of chilled water running through? Is there another reason? Kinda concerned now as the flow on 2 of my systems is much slower these days. If I leave the ball valve all the way open, the water level in the back buckets drops a decent amount. If I close it off part way, the water levels even out. This was leading me to the conclusion that perhaps the pump was pulling water through the return at a faster rate than the water drifted to the back of the unit. Ph dropped in one system by 0.3 last night so I hope its not rot setting in again...

What did your roots smell like with the tea? Mine dont smell super earthy...but i dont think they smell like rot? I can't get a great look at mine as the plants are all woven into the scrog.

BCboys

BCboys

They look happy bro
I would keep doing a fresh nute change out every 2 weeks here on out keep the soup fresh

Thanks for looking out BG, much appreciated. I'm fully on board with the frequent res changes now!

Shady

Shady

Chillin' in the Shade...
Supporter
Nice work so far BCboys! +1 on the res change every two weeks...

H

hogan400

My main system is the evo, my Y fitting was off by a few inches and the flow on one side was much less than the other. I noticed the side with less flow the temps were a only 2 degrees higher. However the slower flow of water caused stagnant pockets in the buckets and the rot became more aggressive. Once I cut away a little damaged roots and evened out the flow better, the ladies responded fine. Seriously though, the ladies look great in there BC!

Also when they were full swing weeks 3-4-5, I had drops of .5 sometimes, simply from daily feeding..

my roots had a alfalfa sprout smell. the rot had a dusty musky dirt kind of smell. I submerged a LED flashlight direct into the water and crawled on my hands and knees....fuckin sucked! lol

That drop in the water level was normal, keep those pumps wide open, if I understand you right?! You mean the return pumps right? Water will slow as the roots fill the buckets. Make certain ur returns arent clogged. You can buy a cheap flow meter from aquarium shops online to test flow...
No worries, these are all ideas. Cch20 is cool, you can call em and explain everything. The guys wont sweat you one bit!!

BCboys

BCboys

My main system is the evo, my Y fitting was off by a few inches and the flow on one side was much less than the other. I noticed the side with less flow the temps were a only 2 degrees higher. However the slower flow of water caused stagnant pockets in the buckets and the rot became more aggressive. Once I cut away a little damaged roots and evened out the flow better, the ladies responded fine. Seriously though, the ladies look great in there BC!

Also when they were full swing weeks 3-4-5, I had drops of .5 sometimes, simply from daily feeding..

my roots had a alfalfa sprout smell. the rot had a dusty musky dirt kind of smell. I submerged a LED flashlight direct into the water and crawled on my hands and knees....fuckin sucked! lol

That drop in the water level was normal, keep those pumps wide open, if I understand you right?! You mean the return pumps right? Water will slow as the roots fill the buckets. Make certain ur returns arent clogged. You can buy a cheap flow meter from aquarium shops online to test flow...
No worries, these are all ideas. Cch20 is cool, you can call em and explain everything. The guys wont sweat you one bit!!

Awesome, thanks for the info Hogan. Good to know that the slowing of flow in the buckets is normal. Makes sense. And yeah, I did mean te return pumps. Ive turned off each of the return lines and just ran one at a time to make sure both were returning, so I know theyre working at least. How much difference in water level are your back buckets compared to your front? My back ones sit at least 3" lower than the front if I have the returns wide open.

Shady

Shady

Chillin' in the Shade...
Supporter
Thanks shady. What do you have going on these days? Are you still in the UC?
No worries brah! I've been chillin' in the shade... Been on a break from bloom, but I'm about to flip some fav cuts in Roots Organic Soil and I took cuts to start in the UC soon. Still thinking on which ones to rock in the UC...

BCboys

BCboys

awesome brother, I really enjoy reading your logs. You always have such a variety of nice cuts. I'm going to be starting the search for strains and phenos pretty soon. Any recommendations on a strain that has high yield and medium->good quality??

Shady

Shady

Chillin' in the Shade...
Supporter
Thx bud! I really like Chemdog 4, and Original Diesel aka Headband aka Daywrecker Diesel for high yield and potency... I took 8 cuts of each and can't decide whether to monocrop one or the other... Or just run 3 of each in my small UC6... Decisions, decisions...

BCboys

BCboys

Thx bud! I really like Chemdog 4, and Original Diesel aka Headband aka Daywrecker Diesel for high yield and potency... I took 8 cuts of each and can't decide whether to monocrop one or the other... Or just run 3 of each in my small UC6... Decisions, decisions...
Mono crop them just do it Chemdog #4

Thanks guys. I see a lot of people rocking chem and diesel cuts. I scanned through the THCBay and couldn't see Chemdog 4. To be honest, i'm a little lost when it comes to genetics. I was gifted cuts to get me started for this first run, but the time is coming to start picking through strains and phenos to find a winner. Thanks for any advice.

Shady

Shady

Chillin' in the Shade...
Supporter
Chemdog 4 and Original Diesel are elite clone only cuts... I'm a stoner and thought I took 8 cuts of Chemdog #4, but I actually took Ghost OG. Guess I'll rock the Original Diesel monocrop style... Good luck on your search BCboys!

BCboys

BCboys

Here's some pictures from day 43.

DSC04497
DSC04498
DSC04499
DSC04500
DSC04501
DSC04502
DSC04503
DSC04504
DSC04506
DSC04507
DSC04508
DSC04510
DSC04511
DSC04512
DSC04514
DSC04515
DSC04516
DSC04517
DSC04518
DSC04519

BCboys

BCboys

Also an FYI, some of the pics make the fans look really yellow but it's mostly from the camera flash/HPS. They're predominantly a nice shade of green still.

BudGoggles

BudGoggles

Very nice
There looking to be setting up for some big ass donkey dicks what ya gonna do
Word of advise go get about 50 of them little yoyos and start hookin them on them big ass colas now then its gravy from here on out

BCboys

BCboys

Thanks BG. yeah ive been tying up a few tops the last few days, especially the sativa dominant strain. The stems on that one aren't real thick and the buds are starting to swell like my balls during a hooker drought. That afghani is also out of control, big enough colas to satisfy the loosest of women.

Latest posts

Top Bottom