cch2o UC-RDWC: 20x1000w

• Thread starter BCboys
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
BCboys

BCboys

The ppms over the last week have been dropping about 10-20 daily, however after I bumped them up a bit to 410ppm they stayed the same that night. Meanwhile in that same night the pH dropped .7

desertsquirrel

desertsquirrel

pH drop is a sign that your solution strength is too high. We shoot for 100-150 ppm reduction per day.

Let water usage be your clue - if water isn't being removed rapidly, solution is too strong.

And ill say it again - we add everything directly to the epi center - as much as 2k ml of nutrient or 150 ml of down, etc. Im not telling other people to do it (we have a secondary recirculator) - just saying - if it was such a problem i would probably know about it.

I would cut everything but 250 ppms of base nute till they bounce back.

P

philipvancouver

And ill say it again - we add everything directly to the epi center - as much as 2k ml of nutrient or 150 ml of down, etc.

My first post…been lurking for over a year in the UC section…thanks for all of the info everyone has posted here, I've learned a lot from you and this is the first place I check when I encounter a problem. Much respect to everyone who takes the time to detail their grows in a diary for everyone else's benefit :)

I have many, many years of growing experience, but now I'm strictly a UC grower. I was also concerned about the shock from strong add-backs/pH changes etc. so I built a really easy system to slowly do the add-backs.

It's just a plastic 6L container, a threaded barb, 2" of spaghetti tubing, and an 8L per hour Emitter. Simply put the barb through the bottom of the container and then attach the tubing and the emitter. Fill the container with whatever the add-back is (nutes, pH up, down etc.) top up the rest with water and mix. I place the container across the top of the epicentre (on two pieces of wood) and it takes almost 2 hours to empty the container…one drip at a time…all for under $5.

desertsquirrel

desertsquirrel

IV bags, emitters, top-off ro, bucket dilution.... There are lots of ways to achive the goal of slow additions to your system.

My point was that epi dumps do not harm our plants, it may be the secondary recirculator but i doubt an eco 396 is doing all that much...

Your welcome to rig up what ever contraptions you want for add-backs, but if your diagnosing system problems - and thinking this is your issue - your probably missing something.

PrefersHam

PrefersHam

DS i fully agree. Directly adding anything to a RDWC system is completely safe imo. Also, could you please explain the secondary recirc.?

Thanks,

HAm

desertsquirrel

desertsquirrel

The secondary recirculator is an eco 396 that pumps from the epi to each UC site. This not only recirculates in the sense that water is moved to each site all of the time, but as it comes from the top, helps each site to cycle though the water in the bucket as opposed to just the bottom half (where the 3 inch pipe is)

All4freedumb

All4freedumb

The secondary recirculator is an eco 396 that pumps from the epi to each UC site. This not only recirculates in the sense that water is moved to each site all of the time, but as it comes from the top, helps each site to cycle though the water in the bucket as opposed to just the bottom half (where the 3 inch pipe is)

Very nice. I also run a pump doing the same thing but a larger pump. How many buckets does that 396 do for you? If you have time can you share how you have that set up and what's your flow like out your "feed lines"? Thanks for taking the time you do..

RollinEndough

RollinEndough

Am I the only one who remembers DS having to pull out several plants from the UC because they got rot in several runs?

Still sticking by my words that dumping that shit in there undiluted isn't a bright idea. Everything I parrot came from Dan @ CCH2O years ago, maybe the knowledge has changed since then but it was a super duper no no fo' sho'.

desertsquirrel

desertsquirrel

Several plants on several runs? really? I wasn’t aware i even had that many journals posted. Or is a bruised rectum causing you to get things twisted?

We had to remove a few plants from the living system on our first run with the UC while we were doing 4 different nutrient side-by-sides. As first runs go thats pretty much a home run - according to you, yours was a “total crash and burn.”

When we have lost plants i have been honest about it, I feel like i owe that to all of you. Its funny how many people cannot even be honest with themselves let alone the farm.

Anyway, if all you took away from my threads is things that are not there then im less surprised by your attitude, general point of view and your “work” in general.

Back to the issue at hand... Ill restate for anyone who didn’t read or didn’t want to read; my warning : im not advocating everyone change what they do and start epi-dumping.

What i am saying is that by the time solution from the epicenter hits the first 4 buckets it is diluted in 50-60 gallons and over 100 gallons by the next set. Unless the system your looking at is perfect in every respect aside from the first 4 plants - it is illogical to conclude that epi-dumps are the cause of the problem. Furthermore if your using this as a main focus in your diagnosis - your missing something far more important.

RollinEndough

RollinEndough

My crash and burn was diagnosed in the end to be because of constant pH adjustments in a 6XL's epicenter. It burned their fragile roots and on came the rot.

Start to finish maybe 2 weeks, scrapped it and then haven't had an issue with the roots since.

You seem irritated with some questions, chill out and don't expect it all to be praise heading your way nigga.

BCboys

BCboys

Your welcome to rig up what ever contraptions you want for add-backs, but if your diagnosing system problems - and thinking this is your issue - your probably missing something.

Thanks DS, diagnosing is for sure the goal here ;) thanks for the feedback. With the growing game, it seems as though there are many mis-diagnoses out there, and i'm betting that most, if not all, are never intended as such. With so many variables to work through, and so many changes that can take place simultaneously, it makes it tough for someone across the web to hand out certitude; this isn't what i'm looking for. Just hoping to get some help eliminating possibilities, and so far so good. Glad to be part of these forums and share my experiences with other growers.

The plants are getting pretty aggressive. Noticeable size increases everyday. They are also drinking what seems to be a healthy amount. The pH seems to have stabilized a bit since upping the ppm's and is back to ~.3 fluctuation per day. Should have no problem taking clones at the end of next week i'm thinking. I'll post some more pictures soon, just so you all have something to look at. It's a little bit bitter-sweet I understand, since these plants won't themselves be flowering...but its all part of the process :) With any luck, and a healthy amount of observation, we should be looking at posting pictures of the mini supermodels for the end of august. Patience.. :) Cheers.

RollinEndough

RollinEndough

I'm excited to see some big mommas. You'll have tons of thick cuts on tap.

BCboys

BCboys

Here's a few photos I snapped today. Lighting sucks, but ill take better pictures eventually with a dslr once things settle down and the flowering plants are in the systems.

Go 022
Go 023
Go 024
Go 025
Go 026
RollinEndough

RollinEndough

Nice work. You can already start topping over and over to promote a higher number of branches if you're aiming for a specific number. Eliminating the tiny branches down low, as seen in the stalk shot, will make the remaining branches thicken up as well.

BCboys

BCboys

Well things are still going pretty well. However, there are a few peculiarities and deficiencies going on that i'm trying to diagnose. The new growth, mostly at the tops of some of the plants, is curling down pretty hard. Some appear to be under some heat stress as well. I moved my lights up a bit from about 18" up to approx 24" I'll just post pictures and anyone who wants to chime in with a thought is more than welcome. The first picture gives all the readings...anything else, just ask. Water is sediment/chlorine/chloramine filtered to 10ppm through a tallboy. Only nutes are Canna Aqua A+B, and about 3 weeks ago some calmag.

Thanks for looking.

Go 019
Go 011
Go 012
Go 013
Go 014
Go 015
Go 016
Go 017
Go 020
Go 001
Go 002
Go 003
Go 004
Go 005
Go 006
Go 007
Go 009
Go 010
T

tipper619sd

wow when my leafs curled up it was due to high water levels. I have never had the leaf issues like yours so i cannot chime in. I have seen when my leafs got the yellow on the outer parts was due to adding ph up or down too frequently to the epicenter.

RollinEndough

RollinEndough

Start with the heat issue. Looks like the food is too strong too, but might fix itself as they uptake more after cooling off.

BCboys

BCboys

Did a full flush with filtered water and left it circulating for 24 hrs. Took cuts today for the ezcloner, so its go time! I'll update with photos once I'm at a pc. My iPhone won't let me

Top Bottom