CDC Demands 132 Passengers That Flew With 2nd Ebola Patient Report For Testing

• Thread starter SpiderK
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
XTC

XTC

I just watched this this morning. I don't normally watch the news, and if I do, it's Al Jazeera or something like that. This is a funny comparison of Ebola news reporting over in the UK vs the US.

Best post in this thread yet...!

LittleDabbie

LittleDabbie

Supporter
And now we have what?? Cured at least 2 if not more us citizens with ebola.. no new cases have popped up...

Woo whoo glad everyone over reacted tho :D

FiveAM

FiveAM

Decided against flying to visit mom in law. Ebola or not.
Flying just sucks.
Will load up the Cadillac with 3 burner coleman stove, Smokey Joe Weber mini grill, pots, pans, French Press for coffee, chicken, eggs, bacon, veggies, stop at rest stops and cook up a storm.
Cheaper, better, faster than restaurant that we just cannot eat their food.
At hotels we set up kitchen in parking lot, tail gate style. dinner and breakfast, folks pass by wondering WTF????
Good break from driving...

Still eating like a king, rock on bro.
Everyone talks about eating organic or healthier, but the minute they see someone actually doing it they get weird out about it and run to Mcdonalds..amazing world we live in, talk is cheap.

lino

lino

2 days ago we found the most concerning Ebola mutation to date. This has prompted interpolation of Seroepidemiological surveys as I've already alluded to (this is not racist- it science, that were conducted to determine the frequency and distribution of filovirus activity among selected ethnic groups inhabiting the tropical forests of the Central African Republic. 427 serum specimens were collected from hunter-gatherers and subsistence farmers living in forest environs in the Lobaye District south of the river Lobaye and west of the river Oubangui. Striking serological evidence for filovirus activity was found in both populations. Ebola virus appears to be the most active filovirus; 17.6% (75/427) of the Lobaye survey population were seropositive for Ebola virus reactive antibody while 1.2% (5/427) were seroreactive with Marburg viral antigens. Ethnic background appeared to be an important risk factor influencing filovirus exposure in the forest communities. The filovirus antibody prevalence among 21-40 years old male Aka Pygmy hunter-gatherers was significantly (P = 0.03) 3 times higher (37.5%) than that in similarly aged male Monzombo and Mbati subsistence farmers (13.2%). Continued epidemiological investigations are needed to define ethnic-related events influencing human filovirus activity in the Congo basin of equatorial Africa.
Further study shows 75% more female to male ratio infected with Ebola filovirus. Females are the host of preference. Ebola contagion was predominately in females , approx a decade ago. It was over 85% more died from Ebola and males would seldom show symptoms comparatively.
Today we're seeing the virus get smarter and Ebola seems to be colonizing in wider variety of host . Gender and race are not as important to this virus existence in nature. So the science of outlining ethnicity in these Ebola outbreak regions in certain tribes show startling statistics that document Ebola antibody's among specific tribes and this antigen is found 3 times higher in these tribes Before any filovirus infection incurred.
Conclusion, this bug has been evolving for 1000s and 1000s yrs. The bug has been around so long we are more immune to Ebola than our genetically modified cousins , the monkeys/primates. Why, how would some of us have more antibody to this virus than primates? Answer: Humans eat more meat. Thats my guess.

We're just watching part of the Ebola evolution. A Ebola world outbreak wont happen over nite, especially as, the USA, we're electing responsible people in office lately who are handling this pathogen more seriously. But look out if Ebola gets into Mexico's big cities. The Black Plague got nasty when it mutated to infect bugs that hosted on rodents. Ribeiroia ondatrae microbe is a recent outbreak here in the USA (last 10 yrs) and it took a while to figure out how we're getting these 4 legged frogs. What if Ebola , an ancestor, takes the evolution path that Ribeiroia ondatrae adopted in finding water as a transport to find it hosts. I will not get in pond water after reading about this Ribeiroia ondatrae anymore.

Top Bottom