CDL the new CMH

• Thread starter homebrew420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
stutter

stutter

@homebrew i got my new D-pap light today now its just going to be a week or so until i can throw my clone in there..

im going to start a new thread here showcasing that grow from start to finish. 1m x 1m scrog with 1 single LEC. im growing an OG cross in there so if i can pull a lb on that light with that i will be very happy

squarepusher

squarepusher

i have been a CMH grower for years now. running dual 400w CMH lamps in a single hood with results equal to a digital 1000w HPS but better quality IMO.

that said im yet to try the new lamps, they havnt been properly released over here in Aus yet but i have been lucky enough to secure one of the D-Papillon set ups for testing. i will be sure to show my results here

I suspect they are just a money grab as the old CMH was a cheap lamp to buy, lasted a long time and could run on a basic magnetic ballast, very cheap very effective. Phillips figured out growers were using them and what do you know they discontinue the old cheap effective lamp. introduce a new lamp that does the exact same thing except now it needs a special ballast with a special base fitting. it costs around twice as much.
but the issues is, from what I can tell, Philips doesn't supply the ballast/fittings and other 3rd party companies do. So I don't know if money grab is simply the case, the 315W are slightly more efficient than the 400W CMH

The new 315W Green Power have the highest PPM/W available currently.

Last edited:
SierraFarmer

SierraFarmer

If you guys want to try some awesome equipment, you should try some of Titaness Light Shop's hoods with their Dual Arc Bulb. It's made from double walled aluminum hood and you can touch anywhere on the hood and glass. The glass just barely gets warm and the good is cool to the touch. This equipment is the best I have ever used and a little more expensive, but well worth the extra money. Way better yields and density compared to any lights I have used. And the 1000 watt G2V hood I used is about 4'x3' in size and I have no issues running it 6-10" away from top of the plants without burning them. I could be a little biased because all I have used before that was a few Hydrofarm 1000 watt hoods. They were much smaller and ran really hot.

caveman4.20

caveman4.20

If you guys want to try some awesome equipment, you should try some of Titaness Light Shop's hoods with their Dual Arc Bulb. It's made from double walled aluminum hood and you can touch anywhere on the hood and glass. The glass just barely gets warm and the good is cool to the touch. This equipment is the best I have ever used and a little more expensive, but well worth the extra money. Way better yields and density compared to any lights I have used. And the 1000 watt G2V hood I used is about 4'x3' in size and I have no issues running it 6-10" away from top of the plants without burning them. I could be a little biased because all I have used before that was a few Hydrofarm 1000 watt hoods. They were much smaller and ran really hot.
Pics

T

toquer

I've replaced almost all of my veg lights with these. Very happy with the growth and spectrum. In addition I've dropped my wattage by 2500W in that room. Heat had come up some. Was rocking 600mh in veg. On the right are the new lights old ones on the left.
IMG 20140627 111020

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
2500W? That's a LOT in my book.

I see your signature line, would you like help making your stuff clickable?

T

toquer

2500W? That's a LOT in my book.

I see your signature line, would you like help making your stuff clickable?
Well I had all 600's and was running it rather inefficiently. To much overlap. But the hoods were crap. None the less. Had 4800w over two rows that now has 2205w. One less fixture due to better spread of light. I got two 400's that I'm contemplating changing out as well. Might be able to get away with just one instead. They blast a square pattern nicely vs the Cool Sun hoods that do long and narrow but deep.

hyzerflip

hyzerflip

CMD / CDL bump! Anyone have a recommendation for a UL listed 110/120V household current friendly 315W ballast?

Latest posts

Top Bottom