• Tagged users None
DemonTrich

DemonTrich

Mines about 1.5 to 2' max
20161228 192245

high420days

high420days

Supporter
What's up guys? Just finished reading through this thread and am building out a new room as I recently parted ways with my partner in a 10kw HPS room. This room will be 20'x9'x7' and I recently had a close friend of mine who is heavily involved in the industry tell me I would be better off putting up 8 x 315w CDL's vs 6 x 1k HPS.

After reading through this thread and others, I'm going for it.

Will keep everyone posted as things progress. Framing going up Thursday, HVAC and electrician will be here this weekend, drywall/tape/mud Tuesday, hoping to hang lights and be running tests next Thursday.

Wish me luck.

ArcticOrange

ArcticOrange

Well I was going to make a thread but this one has been resurrected so here goes. Yes I'm still shopping for lec lights for all of you who know me lol I know I've been talking about it for a while now. I'm looking at boulder lamps if I go 315w units (if they will even sell them to a non commercial grow at this point) but I'm very curious about the 630w diamond lec fixture sun systems put out for a 630 option. The problem with their original fixture is that the bulbs were too close together which cut footprint a little and created a butterfly shaped hot spot in center canopy. It appears that the diamond fixture has the bulbs spaced in a much more logical manner. Has anyone used one of these units yet?

ArcticOrange

ArcticOrange

Growershouse has the 315 kits with reflector for under 250$,you could by 3 of those for the same price as a dual 315 fixture and be 1 light ahead.Also it's a more redundant system,with a 630 you lose 2 lights not 1 if you have an issue.
Unfortunately for me growers house charges more than the kits cost to ship them to where I live. I'll have to search around to see if I can find them elsewhere. The next problem is quality reflector designed for a 3x3 footprint will be hard to find and expensive addition to kit costs.

ArcticOrange

ArcticOrange

Unfortunately for me growers house charges more than the kits cost to ship them to where I live. I'll have to search around to see if I can find them elsewhere. The next problem is quality reflector designed for a 3x3 footprint will be hard to find and expensive addition to kit costs.
I thought I was in heaven first time I found growers house and then I got to the shipping page =*(

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

Before you go any further. Grab either a pro or a DIY kit of spray foam, and spray all your rim joists with at least 4". Make sure you get one rated for fires. The old way was to pack fiberglass, that just traps moisture and allows mold. I'm doing mine currently in my basement grow building. I have very minimal room to work in, and have to use cans vs a 2 tank sprayer system. Which would be alot cheaper and easier than cans.

https://buildingscience.com/documents/information-sheets/critical-seal-spray-foam-at-rim-joist

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

This is what I would have used.

http://m.homedepot.com/p/Touch-n-Fo...Component-Spray-Foam-Kit-4006022200/204962748

This is what I'm using, plus their cleaner and gun made for the cleaner and cans.
There are NO odors I can detect. I've went thru 4 cans already. With the kit above, I would not be able to spray in winter, needs 60* to work properly, off gassing is a major concern as my h20 and furnace are on and gas operated. Don't want my basement blowing up like a newbie doing an open bho blast.
http://m.homedepot.com/p/GREAT-STUF...acks-Insulating-Foam-Sealant-341557/202892471

stonestacker

stonestacker

Great stuff sucks. We'v used it at work can clogs all the time and is very messy. Going to be very hard to get 4" thick.
Good luck keeping it clean and working.

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

I got 7 rim joist spots done with 4 cans. Never clogged. I use the gun (50.00) plus the special cans that go to the gun. I also use the acetone can gun cleaner as well. I work quick, hammer down, get it done kind of motto. Tomorrow I should be able to finish up foam spraying the rim joists, about 3" thick, then Saturday I'm putting in faced r30 as an added measure.

high420days

high420days

Supporter
Anyone have any experience with the Endomaxx's? Ordering a ton of stuff through BAS and was thinking of trying to work lights into the deal so I don't sacrifice quality. They are running the Phillips bulbs but I'm curious as to how the fixtures are. Any input is appreciated.

Top Bottom