Ceramic Metal Halide growers?

• Thread starter BubbaG
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
DemonTrich

DemonTrich

Results may vary, but are typical. I really wanna go the de 2 bulb setup, but ceiling height.

I can alter my numbers by how many of a particular strain I flower. Certain strain yield better. But I like options for my patients likes.

sixstring

sixstring

Are you using the growers choice 630 fixtures?I have one of their de bulbs I'm going to try in my gavita 6/750.Gnome pointed out the other day the have a 1k cmh now too.
Did you try this yet? If so how long has it been running? Im thinking about doing this in a few of my gavita 750w fixtures

Freshone

Freshone

Did you try this yet? If so how long has it been running? Im thinking about doing this in a few of my gavita 750w fixtures
No it's still sitting on a shelf,ill get to it next round.Keep in mind you can only run them in the e series gavita with a gavita controller as it allows you to dial it in to exactly 630 but then every other light on that controller will also run at 630,no 750 or overdrive,not ideal but beats buying a new fixture.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

I went from 1800w hps to 1260w cmh and get the same weight, better frost, and saving 150/avg a month on my power bill.

Why would less than 600 watts lower save $150 a month in your power bill.

I run 1200 watts of hps and 250 watts of t-5 fluorescents and all my cooling and exhaust fans and everything for less than that per month.

The whole house electric ranges between $200 and 250% depending on season including 2 more window air conditioners for us and the de-humidifiers in the basement cranking. And the fridge and water pumps and......

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

Saving 440w of light plus my.ac doesn' run as much. So min of 150/mo savings.

Average bill went from 725/mo to about 490

I also swapped out 3x600mh in veg for 3x315 cmh. I don' use all 3. I go 1 then 2 if needed.

Last edited:
MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Saving 440w of light plus my.ac doesn' run as much. So min of 150/mo savings.

Average bill went from 725/mo to about 490

I also swapped out 3x600mh in veg for 3x315 cmh. I don' use all 3. I go 1 then 2 if needed.

So you are including the veg room savings with your total savings then.

These cmh exaggerations really get me.

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

Kinda, but not really. Saving 440w a month and having my a.c. run 50% or less is the major cost saving factor.

The proof is in the jars. 1.5-1.75 gpw on average. My next cycle ( it this one working now), will be even higher, as I'm running 6x darlins net vs 4 previous. 5.5oz average per plant

GrowGod

GrowGod

BANNED!
Supporter
So you are including the veg room savings with your total savings then.

These cmh exaggerations really get me.
LoL the resin production is just fantastic
F6593A24 60C2 4A1D 9650 7BCE535BDF30

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Kinda, but not really. Saving 440w a month and having my a.c. run 50% or less is the major cost saving factor.

The proof is in the jars. 1.5-1.75 gpw on average. My next cycle ( it this one working now), will be even higher, as I'm running 6x darlins net vs 4 previous. 5.5oz average per plant

440 watts could never cost that much to cool. Well if done efficiently of course.

Th stated savings are extremely misleading and exaggerated sounding.

I am not arguing your results at all. Never have done anything but compliment your awesome Grow.

But with dialed Grows like yours there are growers getting 1.6 with hps too.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

LoL the resin production is just fantastic
View attachment 760633

Yeah I tested and posted against my hps on RIU with mine all last year and said the same thing.

But I removed it and am back to only 600's for a control and the flowers are just as sticky and frosty and patients and is think they are more potent. The leaf to bud ratio is much better and yield much higher.

It's how you use the tools. The cooler lamp is easier to grow under but is still a low wattage bulb.

I have only tested 1 to 1. I have said many next to each other would work much better just like more 400's cover space more effectively but less intensity.

It all depends on how we grow our plants too.

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

Either you work for the state dept or the irs since you want every damn nickel and dime accounted for. I don'
Need to justify myself.to you, or anyone. I see it with my own eyes and wallet when I stroke 440.00 vs 750.00+ a month in power bills

Not trying to be a dick, but I can clearly see the savings by viewing my power bill each month. And my pockets are fatter.

GrowGod

GrowGod

BANNED!
Supporter
Either you work for the state dept or the irs since you want every damn nickel and dime accounted for. I don'
Need to justify myself.to you, or anyone. I see it with my own eyes and wallet when I stroke 440.00 vs 750.00+ a month in power bills

Not trying to be a dick, but I can clearly see the savings by viewing my power bill each month. And my pockets are fatter.
Lol a bit grumpy today demon?

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

It's just math. Not enough heat in that wattage difference to account for the savings. Not even half.

And yeah I work for the government. Lol
I'm auditing you not just asking a simple question a grower might want to know.

If you are going to post info especially as a moderator you should be prepared to answer questions and challenges.

Your numbers don't match. Something else is contributing to the difference and it ain't just your amazing cmh lightbulbs. Lol

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

If I don' have a lot of garden work to do tonight, I'll try and get The irs a laymens breakdown of my monthy power savings. Since you need numbers and not word of mouth.

Your not taking into consideration my a.c.only running 50% of the time, 2x8" fans running at 50% vs 100% power. Only using 1x 315 in veg, veg 3x 600, cutting 2 weeks from veg cycle.

See it all adds up. Your Just not looking at the bigger picture. Your still stuck on 1 or 2 lights.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

If I don' have a lot of garden work to do tonight, I'll try and get The irs a laymens breakdown of my monthy power savings. Since you need numbers and not word of mouth.

Your not taking into consideration my a.c.only running 50% of the time, 2x8" fans running at 50% vs 100% power. Only using 1x 315 in veg, veg 3x 600, cutting 2 weeks from veg cycle.

See it all adds up. Your Just not looking at the bigger picture. Your still stuck on 1 or 2 lights.

No all of the numbers are static. I don't need you to answer. The difference in wattage is the only needed factor.

You are quoting different lower savings now and it should still be half of that for the wattage difference.

Either you had innefective ventilation or you are exaggerating about cmh like always.

Your word of mouth info changes from post to post.

Fuck this! You are rude for no reason. Well except you know you are wrong. And are offering no actual info.

Just your ego driven attitude. Thanks for your time.

Top Bottom