Ceramic Metal Halide growers?

• Thread starter BubbaG
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Coir

Coir

That depends on how many of them there are!!
True! Again, in theory, running 10 of these @110V should be 14amps less current than running 10 1000W bulbs. It would be interesting to put a meter on one and see if that is actually true though.

BubbaG

BubbaG

Ok, so as pointed out to me by a friend.. today, the hood is basically the same as the horizontal OG hood just retasked for vertical bulbs. True, I still like it though.

I was able to verify that one bulb is ok. Hopefully I will fire it for an extended period tomorrow and check it out. Will post pics if so.

VERMONTSKUNKS

VERMONTSKUNKS

Ok bubba i got the damn cmh bug brotha! I use gl 120 tents 3 x 3 x7 ft so im kinda perplesed about a set-up but after reading the thread and seeing the results in toquers thread i am all ears to any suggestions from you guys on a decent cmh set-up for my alternating tents? please and thankyou.

Billyboat

Billyboat

Ok bubba i got the damn cmh bug brotha! I use gl 120 tents 3 x 3 x7 ft so im kinda perplesed about a set-up but after reading the thread and seeing the results in toquers thread i am all ears to any suggestions from you guys on a decent cmh set-up for my alternating tents? please and thankyou.

Since you prolly need 120v you need the sunsystem lec 315. The dpap 315 is 240v only.

Coir

Coir

Here's a Sunsystem 315LEC hard at work inside a 5x5 tent. Try it, you'll like it!
 87Q3909

Billyboat

Billyboat

How do you like the dpap?

I like the lec better so far but for some the dpap may work better. The dpap throws a wider spread, like a 2x4 and the lec feels more square like a 3x3. The lec is lighter and easier to hang. The dpap is 240v only.

I'm borrowing a par meter next week so I can get a more scientific answer.

Coir

Coir

that's impressive! How is the penetration into the canopy.
If you keep the plants relatively shirt, then quite good. The biggest issue I ran into was the low ceiling height of my tent. The fixture is a bit taller than some other types of systems that are only a bulb and reflector but the plants really love the light these things put out.

BubbaG

BubbaG

Ok, I fired it before heading to the beach :). Don't know why I got these weird lines in the pics. I'm sure there's an optics geek around here that will explain it to me.... hopefully.... I think it has to do with the glass canopy and the air cooling vibrating it but I dunno. Btw, geek is not considered a derogatory term in my vocabulary, quite the opposite actually. Very strong light - fuckin A. Spectrum looks close to that of the Elite Agro CMH, but you can tell that there is less red. Actually is nicer on the eyes IMO, but I'll have to see how it works vs. the LEC, which I know for a fact rocks in both veg and flower.

Coir

Coir

Typically you will see lines like that based on the shutter speed of the camera and the frequency of the bulb/ballast. When the shutter speed is close to the lamp frequency, you see the lines. A faster shutter speed fixes that. Yes, I am a geek.....

BubbaG

BubbaG

3x3x7 is perfect for a single LEC IMO. Of course optimal would be 4 of them in 5x5 tents lol. 3 in a 4x4 tent worked pretty well. But seriously, on a gram/watt basis I think what you have is perfect.

B

basement bob

Has anyone tried Cycloptics out of Ohio. They did a really interesting grow, documented and available if you sign up.

I like the remote ballast, choice of, and the reflector design. Check it out.

BubbaG

BubbaG

Bob, I've read a fair amount on that company on other forums. I also read a study done showing their light distribution, which is very good as they use the tent walls in their design. ICMag is where I read this stuff I think

B

basement bob

BubbaG, just getting back to you. I paid $388 each for 13 of the LEC 315W.
I just replaced 3 dead DNA ballasts with more LEC's @ $408 each.

Latest posts

Top Bottom