Ceramic Metal Halide growers?

• Thread starter BubbaG
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
BubbaG

BubbaG

Nice man. Where did you go to get that price point!! If you don't mind me asking that is....

B

basement bob

Cool. How many were you thinking of getting?
As you probably know, the more you buy, the cheaper it gets. I would be able to deliver for a fee too. Just PM me and we can chat more.

diamond2.0

diamond2.0

Since 02 . I found they ran cooler then the hps and halide bulbs i was using at the time . Love the expression i get with them........ I was the first grow i ever seen using cmh back in the overgrow days .lol . I still run a triple 400 cmh hood. id post a pick but i dont know how. Sorry.
30 bucks apiece at 1000bulbs. I love full spectrum lighting . Wish they made a 1k ..

Last edited:
B

basement bob

That's cool! What sort of light footprint do you get with that?

diamond2.0

diamond2.0

That's cool! What sort of light footprint do you get with that?

I just keep under a 48 inch hood and does well . I like it better than my 1k hoods actually. Although a 1k does have that penetration thing going on but lacks in spectrum compared to these.. Tada...............

Coir

Coir

Since 02 . I found they ran cooler then the hps and halide bulbs i was using at the time . Love the expression i get with them........ I was the first grow i ever seen using cmh back in the overgrow days .lol . I still run a triple 400 cmh hood. id post a pick but i dont know how. Sorry.
30 bucks apiece at 1000bulbs. I love full spectrum lighting . Wish they made a 1k ..
Are those the 400W retro bulbs?

Coir

Coir

Phillips discontinued the 400W retros that run off a magnetic sodium ballast. I have 2 left and can't find any more. I ordered 6 from a guy on Ebay that were supposed to be brand new and he sent me old, used 400 sodium bulbs. Really pissed me off and it took a month to get a refund from Paypal since the guy wouldn't respond.

diamond2.0

diamond2.0

Phillips discontinued the 400W retros that run off a magnetic sodium ballast. I have 2 left and can't find any more. I ordered 6 from a guy on Ebay that were supposed to be brand new and he sent me old, used 400 sodium bulbs. Really pissed me off and it took a month to get a refund from Paypal since the guy wouldn't respond.

oh man , that sucks ! I got a few still . Ill have to look into it. Thanks for the heads up ...I think i seen some at 1000bulbs the other day . Ill have to see if thier out . whew .

Well , thier out .i found other retro bulbs but lower cri . crappo . Oh man , look slike i gotta switch and use the triple threat to flower for a couple days. a 1k went out as i looked at these bulbs in the room . Just great lol. i was just tellin the wife yesterday i needed a backup bad. go figure...

Last edited:
B

basement bob

I'm running the Philips 315W Elite Agro bulb. It is included in the Sun System LEC 315W package.

I believe that Philipps put quite a bit of research in to making this bulb specific for the horticulture industry.

My price is $60 a bulb, with 20,000 hour bulb life till 10% (I think) lumen loss. But I haven't replaced any yet. Just 4 crappy DNA ballasts. I highly DO NOT recommend there products.

Bob

Coir

Coir

I'm running the Philips 315W Elite Agro bulb. It is included in the Sun System LEC 315W package.

I believe that Philipps put quite a bit of research in to making this bulb specific for the horticulture industry.

My price is $60 a bulb, with 20,000 hour bulb life till 10% (I think) lumen loss. But I haven't replaced any yet. Just 4 crappy DNA ballasts. I highly DO NOT recommend there products.

Bob
The 315W EA bulbs are definitely amazing. It's too bad they require a specific ballast but the fixture they are in from Sun Systems is great. The only issue I had with it was I don't have enough height in my tent and the weight is hard on the tent too. Other than that, it's the best bulb I've ever grown under.

B

basement bob

The 315W EA bulbs are definitely amazing. It's too bad they require a specific ballast but the fixture they are in from Sun Systems is great. The only issue I had with it was I don't have enough height in my tent and the weight is hard on the tent too. Other than that, it's the best bulb I've ever grown under.

I've got 8 ft ceiling and I have them fixed to the ceiling. They are designed with enough room after you mount to allow air flow and cool it. And at 24" they provide a 3 X 3 sqft area with about 600-700 umol/msq. I run 12 in a 20 X 10 tent with CO2. My 2 ton WCAH cycles on and off and keeps the room at 80°/50% RH.

I LOVE THEM!

We Solidarity

We Solidarity

Here's what I use - veg only but hopefully getting them into flower soon. Really digging it in veg couldn't imagine going back to MH

edit to add - using econowings with them. The cheaper the hood the better with these apparently...

urbanfog

urbanfog

Love mine! 330w phillips CMH, I use it vertically for veg. Always lots of growth :D

Top Bottom