Ceramic MH 830 watt

• Thread starter noone88
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
El Cerebro

El Cerebro

Lastly, like all MH bulbs, it burns hot.

in that heavy T video they claimed it runs cooler. nothing on their 'proprietary' ballast tech yet, that seems to be the shtick (does it really improve the spectrum as much as their propaganda drawing shows?)

Noone, how do you feel so far about safe distance from plant to bare bulb? and are you running fans under each one?

urbanfog

urbanfog

Ill be going to the 830 after my 1k is done, currently run a 330CMH with a 400HPS and they love it. I also have found the CMH doesnt need to be so close, and doesnt seem to bug them at all. I run it vert , open with a round hood over a scrogged GSC

N

noone88

thanks for the answer noone88

sooooo
do i understand correctly:
you are running the DNA cmh bulb in a regular 1k w hps ballast????
they told me they run on their own special ballasts.....

are u running them bare bulb vertical or in a vert hood or a cool tube or what noone

I'm running it on a sunlight supply redline 2x1000 switchable ballast

vertical position, no cool tube

N

noone88

in that heavy T video they claimed it runs cooler. nothing on their 'proprietary' ballast tech yet, that seems to be the shtick (does it really improve the spectrum as much as their propaganda drawing shows?)

Noone, how do you feel so far about safe distance from plant to bare bulb? and are you running fans under each one?

It burns hot. I have 2 barebulb 1k hps hortiluxes and a 1 barebul 1k dual arc hortilux in the room as well. I have been working with bare bulb/vert grows for almost 3 years now. And every time I walk by the CMH, I notice the heat.

If you have good control of temps in the room, there's no real need to have a fan under the bulb. Obviously, it wouldn't hurt and would probably let you bring the plant an inch closer to the bulb.

I try to maintain approximately 8-10 inches distance from plant to the bulb.

GanjaFunkExpress

GanjaFunkExpress

thanks for the answers noone88, interested in the product still & ur review being the first i've read about these items....

L

larebowm

@noone88 its been a week and i love to know how things are going with the grow

N

noone88

One more week until harvest. Preliminary reports is that yield is lower compared to HPS. The extra UVA/UVB doesn't do anything to pests. Will do side-by-side trichome comparison when it is hang-dried.

homebrew420

homebrew420

When I ran a 400 cmh conversion lamp, which is what you are running olny for 1000w, it was hotter than the hps as well. I noticed not a ssingle difference other than lower yields where used. I really like the growth in veg. Better than the T5s I feel. But for flowering I fwel it will nearly always boil down to yields. If someone can show me where they produced so many extra glands they were able to fetch a higher price then I am all ears. Noone I hope it is you. I just feel as so many others have shown elswhere weight will be determined by light intensity and the proper food. Good luck to ya and hope all turns out triched out flowers!

Peace

N

noone88

I'll be running it for at least 2 more cycles. Same strains, same setup, same everything.

But definitely notice the yield is down. Bag appeal is a marketable thing, but the only thing you can really quantify is yield and not quality. I'll take +10%yield over +10%quality.

I'll post some other shit on the dual-arc thread.

El Cerebro

El Cerebro

there's a dude called Fonzarelli on another forum that starts with i, doing some interesting work and running spectrometer readings with serious equipment. here is his actual readout (not marketing art) for the 860:

860w1

ttystikk

ttystikk

The differences between graphs that people find so suspicious can easily be explained by the different units used up the left side of them. Most notable is that while some use a straightforward unit measure of some type, the other uses a 'percentage of total' measure- which not only doesn't arguably quantify anything, but also distorts the graph slightly. The graphs aren't lying but since several different types are in use, one has to be careful to only compare apples to apples.

I this game, it appears that horsepower is currently king over finesse; bigger bulbs provide more value than smaller ones with better spectrum. I hear plasma may make the reverse argument, and that interests me. At least it will once the price comes down!

homebrew420

homebrew420

I'm not sure about the "quality" improvement. I may look a little better but your not going to flush it or treat it different than a standard hps right? Maybe, I never saw the benefit. Not to mention this hobby/industry is sadly offten based on hype and heresay. I actually enjoy being wrong about many things. Haha. Either way glad to see this lamp is treating you right. Grow on.

Peace

El Cerebro

El Cerebro

the marketing art is not an accurate representation of true spectral analysis, and smoothing data points between peaks is very deceiving. it's a liberally applied sales technique, used to tap into belief-system thinking by credulous consumers.

N

noone88

The idea/theory is that extra uvb/uva is suppose to produce more resin and trichomes. And that blue spectrum is still an essential part of the bloom phase. Anyone that's seen outdoor plants knows that the growth is just monstrous.

I'm not sure about the "quality" improvement. I may look a little better but your not going to flush it or treat it different than a standard hps right? Maybe, I never saw the benefit. Not to mention this hobby/industry is sadly offten based on hype and heresay. I actually enjoy being wrong about many things. Haha. Either way glad to see this lamp is treating you right. Grow on.

Peace

ttystikk

ttystikk

The idea/theory is that extra uvb/uva is suppose to produce more resin and trichomes. And that blue spectrum is still an essential part of the bloom phase. Anyone that's seen outdoor plants knows that the growth is just monstrous.

UVA has not been shown to be beneficial. It is UVB that's been linked to better trichome production.

GanjaFunkExpress

GanjaFunkExpress

sup kushington, we met at the smoke shop w TL, i was givin out seeds on 4-19 remember? lookin good w the Lush Lights!

ttystikk

ttystikk

what do you want to know 180,000 lumens don't know off hand but puts out par light and lux like no other. 435w replaces 1000wHPS with out problem. plug and play light no vents no fans good for ten years, 3 year part and labor fix 90 day money back guarantee. I cant say enough about them anything you want to know just ask if I know the answer ill tell you if not ill find it out

Pricing?

Top Bottom