CFL vs HPS

• Thread starter Indianche
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
K

kid606

hey..
go with the 250w hps..your base is only 0.36 sqm..a 400 watter can produce much heat in such a small box..your height is very restricted (120cm)..plants can grow a tad bigger/closer to the light when using the 250w..

get used to it and you'll have amazing results..in small/height restriced spaces id'd recommend the sea of green method..use about 1 gal pots and pack the homebox xs tight..all that fit in..let em veg for a very short period and send em in flower immediately..the plants will not become too big and thats good for light penetration..this method will get you a good yield..
:smoke

H

HerbGrowie

Maan you are going to spend 130euros (260 lv) for growbox. If you made it by yourself it will kost up to 40 with fan and self made carbon filter. And you will have 90 to spent for lights cooltubes and so on :)

I

Indianche

Maan you are going to spend 130euros (260 lv) for growbox. If you made it by yourself it will kost up to 40 with fan and self made carbon filter. And you will have 90 to spent for lights cooltubes and so on :)

Why do people think they can reproduce a Homebox just by using wood ? + the homebox doesn't include a filter and a fan ,anyway I was going to say that I'm going to take a 400watter because i checked the price I'd have to pay by month using one and its not high at all ! But I just read what kid606 wrote and I started hesitating again ,so could someone please clear the mist for me.Thanks help appreciated.:)

K

kid606

i speak from experience..i own a homebox s..you'll deffo need a cooltube if it's not winter outside..and your plants can easily suffer from heatstress..the xs box is only 120cm high..take off the potheight and the distance to the light..plus again 30cm for the lamp and mountings..

sure light is good..but don't forget about the dimensions of the xs box..even with my s box it's a pain to fit in a cooltube and a carbon filter..takes away more space than you may think..

take the 250 and your plants will thank you for the better overall climate..

H

hererisssh

Premium Member
Supporter
Excellent advice kid, indi listen up there he's preaching the truth. Oh sure, you'll want bigger gear as soon as you get some success but work your way up.

I

Indianche

Yeah that's all so cool ,but hey listen to this, I AM FUCKED UP get that I can't find the needed parts for a 250W HPS light I know where they sell drosels for such and bulbs but I am not sure if they're really good ,but the bulb is philips so it can't be that bad ,can it ? Ok so I need 3 things to assemble a light right ? A bulb ,in my case a drosel ,and a reflector in which I insert the bulb ? Is there a way to make a 400W work as a 250Watter ? xD how the fuck can they sell a 400w light and not sell a 250W :@:lipssealed

H

hererisssh

Premium Member
Supporter
drosel?

The light is: Ballast, socket, bulb and reflector

I

Indianche

Ayeah a ballast is what I meant ,anyway will consult with ya tonight,have a nice day all !

F

Frosty113

definitely get a 600w, no point in getting a 400 watt if you can do a 600. Most people make the same mistake & later regret it.

U

ukcheesefiend

Why do people think they can reproduce a Homebox just by using wood ? + the homebox doesn't include a filter and a fan ,anyway I was going to say that I'm going to take a 400watter because i checked the price I'd have to pay by month using one and its not high at all ! But I just read what kid606 wrote and I started hesitating again ,so could someone please clear the mist for me.Thanks help appreciated.:)

You may not be able to build a grow tent! But some of us can, so we can build a custom made tent using the space we have available in the most efficient way, built for the fans, lights, tubs and plants... specifically!

Thats what i did anyway!

Try, fail and buy a homebox. :smoke

G

GrowTech

Honestly I would get the 400W HPS or 600W HPS. CFLs are good for vegging, but in comparison to HPS are just a poor choice for flowering. Ultimately, flowering is the most important process.

D

d-linegroupie

Gotta go with the 600W HPS...Very efficient Watt to Lumen ratio!

K

kid606

please read the history of this thread before replying.
hey indi..managed to get a 250? or any other plans?

:smoke

Latest posts

Top Bottom