Characteristics ?

• Thread starter zzzybil
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
zzzybil

zzzybil

I'm wondering if anyone would care to expand on and describe characteristics that tend to define or describe plant characteristics to guess at lineage or strain ?

Some plant pics and pics show big differences in the shapes and formation of the flowers . Forrest Gump here - no clue so any info please.

Basically I see flowers I'd describe as golf balls , hand grenades , long slender ribbons or string of pearls , others long slender and some fat baseball bats. Even coloration lime or dark green ?

What are yall looking at and what does it tell you ?

Seraphine

Seraphine

I really like CBD cream and cheese (22% THC and 18% CBD). It’s mostly indica but the high THC and CBD can have a energetic effect). This is always in my veg and flower tent. The breeder is Seedsman. They say 9 weeks to flower but it really takes 10-11 weeks if you want a powerful effect. Worth the extra time in flower.

Seraphine

Seraphine

As far as other indicas, I can’t suggest others as I grow predominantly Sativas. This cbd cream and cheese is an exception because it does have a more sativa effect.

E

eirI

As far as other indicas, I can’t suggest others as I grow predominantly Sativas. This cbd cream and cheese is an exception because it does have a more sativa effect.
Interesting thank you

RippedTorn

RippedTorn

The way the calyx clump and the calyx shape, along with specific colors , things you don't really quantify, you just know what it should look like without chems. Diesels, ECSD, OGs, GSC, these are unmistakable.

And some chems are unmistakable, changing every calyx clusters it touches into the same crap. (Why do people still grow with the bottled shit is beyond me, if i can tell who/how the bud was grown it should be a good thing, like specific dank weedy rankness, not a bad thing like toothpaste+breakfast sausage.)

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
Sativas and Indicas are similar in appearance, but they come from different areas and have different properties. Sativa's are usually taller and have skinnier leaves on them, while Indica plants tend to be stockier and have much wider leaves. They can also get pretty big, so there is a lot of variation between the two types. Sativas typically have thinner and elongated buds. Many Sativa strains are equatorial in origin and have extended flowering times, up to 15 weeks or more for some particular strains. The longer and wispier buds of the Sativa are thought to be an adaptation to help avoid bud rot and problems with higher humidity levels. Indica plants usually make the harder and skunky nuggets that everyone likes. The wider leaves and heavier buds don't need to worry as much about mold and stuff, but they are more adapted to shorter growing periods. Sativa's also continue to grow, a little slower but they still grow, during flowering, while Indica's seem to put all energy into flowering.
This is a start. there is more available, you need to do a search to find out more!

cemchris

cemchris

Supporter
The problem is nowadays everything is so hybridized that you can't really tell on that with some exceptions. Take something like trainwreck. The way it grows is a dead giveaway for the plant. One of those things you can spot in a room of 20 different plants without looking at a label. Really Sativa dom stuff is also one of the giveaways. If you pop some seeds of a haze cross and see these 11 fingered leafs with almost pencil thin leaves. If you are indoors you know to just go ahead and kill those plants since its gonna be a 13+ weeker and prob overgrow your room and lights along with being a picky plant.

Like what @Jimster said those are the basic lines of the plant but take it with a gain of salt. Your stock has a lot to do with that and where it came from. It can swing in a bunch of diff directions.

Top Bottom