Charlottes Webb

• Thread starter DAT
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
LocalGrowGuy

LocalGrowGuy

localgrowguy, not sure you got my point. You get charlottes web, or any other cannabis plant below .3% thc and it is considered hemp by the state. Can you do that and keep the cbd's were they are, that is the question.

Altitude, right on man.. I never ate anything close to a gram of pto,
I understand your point, and I think we are talking about the same goal, which is to produce a low/no psychoactive high CBD plant for medical use. I don't make any claim or pretend to be an expert, but I was thinking it would be easier to get to the high-CBD point starting with a hemp plant. If I am reading your post correctly you are getting to the same place, just with 'marijuana' not 'hemp'. Again, I don't want to pretend like I am an expert, I would defer to those who are closer to those involved. It just seems like an awful lot of work to do the opposite of what people have been doing for a long time, trying to increase THC. Very interesting to see what will happen.

I thought that in most cases CBD and THC were more or less inversely proportional?

K

kuz

I dont know either, but I am guessing its just as hard to find high cbd hemp as it is to find low thc cannabis, lower than .3%. As a medicine I have to believe the thc is part of what helps, maybe someday we will know what ratio's work for different conditions. There is a theory out there that the kids with epilepsy would be better off with higher thc strains than charlottes web, initially at least to help them get over the withdrawal symptoms when they quit some of the addictive meds. I probably couldnt afford it anyway, but I would love to get a grow license and run 100's or 1000's of strains, testing them looking for different ratios. Then all the taxes, paperwork and regulations. So much easier just to plant a bunch of hemp outdoors, some of my neighbors might not be too happy about that. lol.

420circuit

420circuit

R 14er day 57 flower 1
R 14er day 57 flower 6
R 14er day 57 flower 7

This an R14er grown in soil, it seems to do better in soil than NFT/hydro, I think it does poorly in hydro because it is a lighter feeder than the other strains that ran alongside it. I tried smoking a couple bong hits and did not get high at all, but when I made oil, using Everclear, and take more than 100mg, it does make my eyes red and it has the effect of muscle relaxant, mood elevator and pain reduction. I was surprised at how I felt quite a nice buzz from the oil. I am going to grow more of these to make into oil, but wanted to warn others that there actually is a bit of a high from the oil, so pay attention to what you are doing, like don't take 500mg and start driving to Utah until you have tested the oil at home. The plant is the ugly duckling in my garden, scraggly, variagated leaves, just the worst looking plant that I have grown so far. I harvested on day 57, would love to learn more about how the harvest time affects the CBD content. Oh, the reason that the oil I made has some psychoactive effects may be because it was processed using a counter top still that had some crusty residue remaining from a previous run of cannabis oil using high THC strains. Not sure, but that may have transferred a little THC, but maybe not, just a theory at this point. I'll clean the still before running the next batch and see if it still has the same effect. I have tried dosages from 100mg to 650mg and totally enjoyed the effects.:D

420circuit

420circuit

If you are making CBD oil for edibles, be aware that the decarboxylation is a little different than for high THC oil. CBD requires a slightly higher temperature and a longer time. I add a little coconut oil to the oil and then watch it bubble in the oven. I started it in the oven set to 225F and adjusted the heat every few minutes to maintain a slowly bubbling state, removing it a couple times when it was boiling too vigorously, and had it turned up to 275F for a while, total time was nearly an hour until it stopped fizzing. The coconut oil is great for thinning out the oil, makes it possible to watch the decarb in order to get it right at the peak, the big bubbles are the Everclear boiling away and the small fizzing bubbles are the decarb happening. Many thanks to GrayWolf in this forum for pointing out how this works. The oil won't have much CBD until it is decarb'ed, but just like with edible THC oil, if you get the decarb done right you will have some potent edibles. Potent for this strain means something a little different.
Decarb

MrBelvedere

MrBelvedere

One of the main problems is that separating the THC from CBD to make PURE CBD is a convoluted, complicated process, it is not like making simple BHO. For large scale separation of the THC from CBD, it would require a huge infrastructure that is nowhere near ready.... And even if that infrastructure was in place, there is not enough plant material in the world to feed into the infrastructure to supply 100% of the demand! Right now all the parents with kids who are growing clone-only 20% ACDC or R4 clone-only still have/want to remove the miniscule amount of THC. And this is a a crude convoluted backyard process, but it works! One of the newbie grower dads growing it for his son is getting 27:0.x under LED's, and he never grew before. Somebody in his town mentored him to dial in the plant so it will have huge CBD amount, that way he can have constant supply for his son and not depend on anybody but himself.

I am oversimplifying it, but hope you get this point:

-Pure CBD is good with Epilepsy, AilmentA, etc. People with epilepsy are not helped by THC (or at maybe the parents don't want the kids stoned)
-Pure THC is good for Brain Cancer X, AilmentB, etc.
-A combo of THC:CBD is good for AutismW, AilmentX, AilmentY, etc.

Like Hbrew said, 99% of cannatonic, cbdcrew, and charlottes web seeds will give a crappy 1:1 ratio of CBD:THC. This is not acceptable to the parents of these kids. They need the clones of AC/DC or R4, or they are screwed and getting their kids stoned. Thank god for kind hearted selfless people like @homebrew420 who are selfing the R4 so it could eventually grown from seed, this way it can spread worldwide easier than spreading clones! And of course for large scale agriculture only these selfed seeds will be feasible (unless we want to manually transplant ten million clones into large fields)...

Growing 1:1 ratio seed (or even worse hemp) is a total waste of time on large agriculture scale because the process to separate the THC from CBD is so convoluted, AND the total yield of CBD is useless.

Since the demand for pure CBD is incredibly high, and our governments are so retardedly S L O W the only immediate feasible solution is to encourage people with these ailments to grow it themselves. And help them grow it for free!! If the clones/seeds these parents get are only lousy schwaggy 5% cbd, the patients family would have to grow a LOT of plants to keep their kid medicated and not have to worry about "running out".

Lately I have been volunteering a couple hours a day helping newbies grow on RIU. Lots of dumb questions there, but I don't care... I don't care if these clones get in cash croppers hands, who cares? I don't care or ask why they are growing, the more people who know how to grow at home, the more KB we all have....

Good thread. Thx...

Anyways, that is my 2 cents, I have a good friend with horrible case of PTSD in New Mexico, he gets severe panic attacks if there is any THC in it. He recently smoked this 6:0.5 cannatonic and for the first time felt "normal", no panic attack:

Pic

Acdc

Cannatonic ac dc

Last edited:
420circuit

420circuit

This is the test result from the R-14er posted on their website. I took 100mg of this oil last night and experienced zero psychoactive effects, but enjoyed mild muscle relaxant and some pain reduction. Going to try 200mg and add 50mg of high THC oil. Finally, I understand what is meant by the term "experimenting with drugs".:D I have tried this oil a few times and was surprised at how stoned I felt, but those were pretty large doses and I do have an active imagination, so testing continues..:D:D
R14er

420circuit

420circuit

Hey MrB, instead of trying to separate the CBD I just grow this strain and blend the oils to suit the application. The less than 1% THC is noticeable at higher doses, but I am still experimenting so not sure where the line is, where it begins to matter. When I make oil, I blend with coconut oil and put into size zero caps, which weigh 650mg filled, so with 50% coconut, The dose would be 325mg. The guidance from Rick Simpson that a gram a day for 60 days to treat disease and a lower amount as a maintenance dose is about all we have to go on. Wish we knew more about this stuff. I can pass along that the CBD oil is helping me with pain and when combined with cannabis oil made from indicas, works better than any of the pills from the doctors. Not clear if it is helping prevent the cancer from growing back, but it has been about 3 years of dosing and no sign of regrowth, so maybe.

420circuit

420circuit

Regarding dosing, I found 18-20 drops fill a size zero capsule, so each drop, when using a half and half blend with coconut, contains around 17mg. Having this information allows me to dial in my dose. Favorite so far is 100CBD + 100THC at dinner, makes the evening nice, but not hammered. Weekends are different.:D

420circuit

420circuit

When you buy edibles they are labelled with THC content, so if the oil I make is good, it should have around 50% THC, so a 100 cap is equal to a 50mg edible. I tried smoking the R-14 and found it not nearly as effective as making into edible oil. Since I am not going to use butane, I tried making a smokeable oil with Everclear, winterized, and have been waiting for it to dry out enough to dab, but after 2 weeks it still isn't ready, but perhaps in another week or sooner if I can get help purging it with a vacuum.

K

kuz

What kind of parent would get hung up on the stigma of pot, when they could get their kid off of a bunch of debilitating, addictive, potentially dangerous drugs? The side effects are not in the same league as the drugs they are getting away from.

420circuit

420circuit

Tough situation Kuz, but it is slowly turning around as we all get used to legalization. As the medical benefits of cannabis become common knowledge, or when the mainstream media is told to lighten up and start reporting the truth, we will see more widespread acceptance of cannabis , both as a medicine and as something that can be recreational, fun and non-harmful. "Can be"...

S

sgbfcoop

Jumping in this thread. Just trying to understand something confusing for me

At one time clones of R4 were being given away? (2013 ish?)

From what i'm seeing that collective is no longer doing that ? ( Greenwerkz ? )

So that leads me to ask,... Are there are people around still holding legit R4 clones ? ? ?

I got AC/DC and other CBD strains for days in cali but when i come visit CO will it be possible to locate real R4 cuts?

420circuit

420circuit

I got a cutting from someone who picked it up from a shop in Boulder, where this plant is called R-14er and I have heard that there are seeds of several high CBD strains being offered. Anyone know which of these grows the best, Cannatonic or AC/DC? This R-14er is a difficult plant to grow, but the oil from it is pretty nice. Better check by phone before heading to a shop, there is quite a lot of interest in the CBD stuff and I don't know the rules for out of state purchasers, everyone is trying to stay within the regs, beware the roadside checks, neighboring states have declared war of my favorite plant and I have seen cars pulled over near the WY and KS state lines, with dogs sniffing the cars. I don't think they can tell the difference between 'regular' cannabis and hemp.:eek:

MrBelvedere

MrBelvedere

I got a cutting from someone who picked it up from a shop in Boulder, where this plant is called R-14er and I have heard that there are seeds of several high CBD strains being offered. Anyone know which of these grows the best, Cannatonic or AC/DC? This R-14er is a difficult plant to grow, but the oil from it is pretty nice. Better check by phone before heading to a shop, there is quite a lot of interest in the CBD stuff and I don't know the rules for out of state purchasers, everyone is trying to stay within the regs, beware the roadside checks, neighboring states have declared war of my favorite plant and I have seen cars pulled over near the WY and KS state lines, with dogs sniffing the cars. I don't think they can tell the difference between 'regular' cannabis and hemp.:eek:

Cannatonic seeds are not stable at all, they vary wildly from pheno to pheno. Out of thousands of Cannatonic some lucky grower found the miracle pheno, he named it ACDC. So ACDC is a clone only pheno of cannatonic. I think you should call your strain R4, that is its true name and may confuse people. Did the boulder store name it R14er? You should call them and ask for lab reports to see if it is the true "R4" and not a knockoff.... People renaming clones sometimes to build on the buzz of R4. By the way, thanks for sharing so much info on how to make it, so glad you are cancer free! If you can post pics of your plants it will be helpful to see how she looks compared to other r4 grows. Thanks!

420circuit

420circuit

scroll up a few posts to see the plant and also the rest results posted on the shop's site. And yes, I wish they wouldn't change the name. Some day there will be more formal standards. Thanks for info on ACDC, wonder how the seeds work out, probably a lot of phenos. I am running a few R14s again, this time in hydro with a lighter mix of nutrients. Next batch of CBD oil goes into capsules at 100 and 300mg doses. Going to take 650mg this after noon, need to find out if it gets me high and looking for any negative side effects.:D

MrBelvedere

MrBelvedere

scroll up a few posts to see the plant and also the rest results posted on the shop's site. And yes, I wish they wouldn't change the name. Some day there will be more formal standards. Thanks for info on ACDC, wonder how the seeds work out, probably a lot of phenos. I am running a few R14s again, this time in hydro with a lighter mix of nutrients. Next batch of CBD oil goes into capsules at 100 and 300mg doses. Going to take 650mg this after noon, need to find out if it gets me high and looking for any negative side effects.:D
Ok yes I saw on the report it said R4 that is why I kept getting confused by r14er.... and was not sure if that report was from same clone u got. makes sense thx. btw that plant pic I posted is ACCD not R4, I shoulda put that note on the pic. And the guy who grew it took a lot of clones and pruned it so heavily or something...

Your 44 pics show wider leaves than the ACDC, and internodes looks much tighter... not as "floppy" as the ACDC... :)

Last edited:
420circuit

420circuit

Last night I took 100mg CBD oil and 100 of THC oil, was very relaxing, led to good sleep and not hard to get going in the AM. Will do the 650 CBD at 4-5 and 200 THC at 6-7, vape if any headache, bong if feeling festive. Hey. Got to have a hobby!:D

C

CBDs

You could get seeds of the R4 from greenwerks a couple years ago. $20 a 10pk. I passed the cut to acme dispensary they just had it tested. 18% cbd less than 1% thc.

FlyinJStable

FlyinJStable

Great Thread
Super CBD VIBES from part of the PTSD crowd in the south
peace FlyJ

420circuit

420circuit

I got some R4 seeds, split a pack with someone who got them from River Rock, none were viable, he had a couple packs of bad seeds. I think his alternative was to grow Tora Bora for pain relief. As far as self treating with the oil, I took another 100mg CBD and 100mg THC cap last night and can report a nice pain reduction, muscle relaxing and restful experience. Woke to pain this morning, a higher CBD amount might work better, maybe 200+100. I bet the CBD oil in edibles would be excellent for PTSD treatment.

Latest posts

Top Bottom