Cheap alternatives to overpriced hydroponic nutrients

• Thread starter Chronic Monster
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
R

raincheck

MAKE sure you dont add them at the same time. Add the hydro first, stir. then add epsom, stir, then cal nit...otherwise you will have fallout.

how about if CaCl2 is in the mix? how do you figure the proper mixing order?

ttystikk

ttystikk

how about if CaCl2 is in the mix? how do you figure the proper mixing order?

The rule of thumb is to dilute and add anything that has calcium in it LAST, after all other nutes are in and fully mixed. That includes calcium nitrate and calcium chloride.

R

raincheck

The rule of thumb is to dilute and add anything that has calcium in it LAST, after all other nutes are in and fully mixed. That includes calcium nitrate and calcium chloride.

If that were the case then why, when it comes to GH we are supposed to add Micro, Grow, then Bloom, when Micro is the only one with calcium in it.

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
If that were the case then why, when it comes to GH we are supposed to add Micro, Grow, then Bloom, when Micro is the only one with calcium in it.

its pre diluted.

El Cerebro

El Cerebro

Mix between baby shit & coffee early in flower. Late flower it changes to deep coffee, then in the cure the baby shit creeps back out. Everything is rock hard, and in week 8 turns deep purple if you drop the temps.

QP per plant is possible. The high is mainly sativa with a punch of indica.

Off topic, but that's a combination a lot of parents must know all too well, diaper with a coffee chaser, yum.

S

swisscheese

Originally Posted by raincheck View Post
What do you think about the use of hormones, cytokins, aminos and fulvics in your nutes
Not using them. I was using fulvic, algen, superthrive (A bunch of shit really)... Now I am just using raw salts (mostly jacks). When I am running perfect plants with that, I will start adding more things one at a time to see if it makes a difference.

The fulvic makes my water brown. So does the algen. So does the kelp and the earthjuice hibrix... I do add some EWC/alfalfa tea like bi weekly... 1 cup / 10 gallons. I also spray with Ca25, and now Jaz rose spray as well, bi weekly.

I have become accostomed to clear water. I like it that way especially cuz I can see whats up with my res (algae, bacteria, etc).

Superthrive, calcium25, and Jaz rose spray are all hormones, cytokins, and auxins. Superthrive has naa, calcium 25 has triacontanol, and Jaz spray is methyl dihydrojasmonate.
Could you explain a little more what you meant when you said you don't use them as you obviously do? Did you mean that you foliar them but do not mix them in with your nutes?

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
yes.

I foliar those. Not in the res. Sorry for the misunderstanding. EXCEPT THE SUPERTHRIVE. I only use that for clones now. Like 1 capful in a 5 gallon bucket of solution.

Chronic Monster

Chronic Monster

yes.

I foliar those. Not in the res. Sorry for the misunderstanding. EXCEPT THE SUPERTHRIVE. I only use that for clones now. Like 1 capful in a 5 gallon bucket of solution.
a cap full for 5 gallons? of superthrive? i thought It was one drop per.gal. No adverse side effects at that dose :wondering

organicness

organicness

OG Amnesia on Jacks

Here's a tester I just took from an OG Amnesia Im running with jacks, about 740ppm in a bubble bucket under 600w. At about 30% amber now.

Amnesia
desertsquirrel

desertsquirrel

looks very premature to be 30% amber, what are you looking at it under?

organicness

organicness

also keeping in mind this is from the bottom of the plant without loads of sunshine to it. The green is a bit lighter on this than on the buds that see more light.

tokinupon1

tokinupon1

Well I've been fallowing crysmatic's formula now for a week or so. My plants are happy and a darker green now, I'm loving the jacks. My question is foliars who uses them who doesn't and what do you use.

Darth Fader

Darth Fader

I have to find an article to back my hypothesis up, but the most fertile areas are near salt water. however, how do the plants receive Cl without the Na, which we know will kill them? Is soil selectively filtering ions?

There is a growing with Sea Solids thread over at i c m a g that is very interesting. Picture perfect plants grown w/ around 2000ppm of sea solids plus 500 ppm of PBP. It's worth a look. I was even thinking of ordering some Sea-90 as a supplement. I think the idea is that after a millennia of erosion runoff, tides, etc., that the sea floor has a fairly complete profile of the spectrum of elements and minerals available.
Sounds interesting.

How many farmers are growing w/ ro water? Are you guys running Jack's alone, or are you adding epsom salts (or other)? if so, how many ppm should I add for an OG strain?

ttystikk

ttystikk

My current formula is:
3g/gal of Jacks, 1g/gal of epsom salts, mixed in hot water until fully dissloved, then diluted in a 5 gallon bucket and added into my RDWC in the tailbucket.

2g/gal of Calcium nitrate, again mixed in hot water until fully dissolved, dluted in a 5 gallow bucket and added slowly into my tailbucket to prevent flocculation. THE ORDER IS IMPORTANT HERE- dn't mix the calcium with anything else, and add it AFTER the rest of the base nutes are in and fully mixed.

If it's a full changeout, I add 1ml/gal of DutchMaster Zone, and 8-10ml of Superthrive.

I had a bit of trouble with low nutrient strength which no doubt will hurt my yields, caught it and am now pushing 1.6 EC at week 5.

desertsquirrel

desertsquirrel

Sorry to correct you, but you said it several times and I'm afraid people will listen...

Its actually the opposite.

Think about it like this. If you add the Ca first, then its the most diluted it will ever be in the system. That way when you add a phosphate, etc it has the least chance for lock up. If you add it last, it sits at very high concentrations in the solution for several minutes at the very least.

This is why your going to generally find all the Ca in a two or three part in the first part, the A bottle.

tokinupon1

tokinupon1

So desert are you saying to mix the cal nitrate in my res then jacks and epsom? In this thread I've read quite a few times to mix jacks then epsom then cal nitrate last or else..... As for an update 2 weeks of jacks and my garden is green and happy!

TylerDurden119

TylerDurden119

so i found a distributor up here in the great white north that had the jacks line and still has some in stock as well as all the individual salts to make your own. ie. the six pack. So gona swing out there tomorrow and pick up some mono potassium phosphate, calcium nitrate, potassium sulphate, potassium nitrate and some magnesium sulphate n the minor trace elements. I'm gona start with the basic six pack mix recipe and take it from there. Still might try the jacks out later. it really depends how the six pack works out. i remember it was always a pain in the ass mixing :dull

Top Bottom