Cheap alternatives to overpriced hydroponic nutrients

• Thread starter Chronic Monster
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Lurkin4yrs

Lurkin4yrs

Basic meaning ur std cal nit, mkp, pot nit, Epsom etc. I guess using a basic 6 pack, according to there site there using some different "tech" which I think is just marketing. They list the same npk profile for there ro/dirty/HD formulas

Lurkin4yrs

Lurkin4yrs

I'll post this in fat man's thread to, maybe we can get some different opinions.

FlyinJStable

FlyinJStable

The very 1st day I found the Farm this was where I was directed to go if I wanted to find a formulary that would work in my Stable,
2 years later I still use the same Mix, of Jacks with a few Bumps of RAW suluable trace elements. It works for Me thats what counts Find what works and stay with it Be consistent and make the small adjustments IMHO this is a good place to start.

Hydroponic Mix from salts you would need you Macro (NPK)
And the Soluable trace elements That is where the true custom mix has issues IMHO how to add just the right amount of Molybdenum @.04% and zink @ 4.5 in soluable form its not an ez task.
Here are the Break downs.

Macro
Magnesium Sulfate
Potassium Nitrate
Potassium Monobasic Phosphate
Calcium Nitrate

Micro
Sulfer, Boron, Cooper, Iron, Manganese, molybdenum, and zinc Make up the Micro or the Trace elmements to the Mix.

This has been a ever challenging Quest to find what works best for YOU. As a grower
The numbers and the PPM the moles if the chemistry is your thing is in the infentesable combinations Best to go get um and give it a try.

I cant take credit for this information as I am only re-posting what is available in the thread here
If you look through it *****ITS WORTH IT***** more than 2 times it will help more than you may relies It is a wealth of information.
I Say go for it and Have fun
FlyJ

Fresh Starts

Fresh Starts

Basic meaning ur std cal nit, mkp, pot nit, Epsom etc. I guess using a basic 6 pack, according to there site there using some different "tech" which I think is just marketing. They list the same npk profile for there ro/dirty/HD formulas

What website are you mentioning that uses "tech"?
You cannot make a complete fertilizer without micro elements being added. The easiest way to add micros from what I've seen is through JR Peters M.O.S.T (mix of soluble trace elements) OR you can buy a badass magnetic force scale and weigh it out.

Lurkin4yrs

Lurkin4yrs

What website are you mentioning that uses "tech"?
You cannot make a complete fertilizer without micro elements being added. The easiest way to add micros from what I've seen is through JR Peters M.O.S.T (mix of soluble trace elements) OR you can buy a badass magnetic force scale and weigh it out.

I just reread it and there saying, there using the most advanced fertilizer technology. Here's there label off there Web site

Screenshot 2015 08 01 03 34 43 1

I'm currently mixing my own salts and using Jr Peters most, it's working out pretty good. I was just curious of there profile, from the label there using alot of things I don't use.

-lurkin

lollipopman

lollipopman

I've spent ALLL day reading this thread. And what a educational read it was.. It's made me feel like a noob again. :) . I still need to read more and understand everything but for now I think I got the just of it so I'll be ordering everything in the morning.

StonedBlue

StonedBlue

Disabled Vet
Supporter
@Cap I was looking at your recipe for making fert and it looks like jrpeters sells all but the silica. Where's best to buy?

FlyinJStable

FlyinJStable

I know I am not Cap but I have done some hunting on a product here
I wouldnt comment unless I use it to.
RAW, In the flyIN J mix
its a Great inepensive Hydroponic and its designed to attach to other uptake nutrient .
Makes for The plants easy cheesy
And its Cheap and less than an 1/8 th teaspoon per gallon
RAW Silca
Peace
FlyJ

Lurkin4yrs

Lurkin4yrs

@FlyinJStable whats the price of that and what's it derived from?

Honestly you can't beat the price of agsil16

-lurkin

FlyinJStable

FlyinJStable

Just to clarify My reason for commenting on the question asked ... To offer Help

Why I use it:
Systematically, (UP Through the Roots into the cells of the Plant), Silica, in feedings has some benefits to plants as long as a given species can absorb the element. There is a lot of studies on the subject.
BUT NOT WHY I LIKE IT
I use it for BUG SUICIDE and PM (NOT as a Nutrient Systemically) and Only at the 1st transplant and at the flip.
No need to over use and plug the soil/ coco Media U choose to use Like Clay. It only takes a Little
The reason I like the RAW silica even though it will NOT stay suspended in aqueous solution, it can be agitated to the point of foliar application or drenching. Once in My coco mix it is like a Maze of Razor wire that bugs cant navigate through.
It is also great for roots as they cut a path into the media they or growing In. Some use it as a top dressing but not in this fine a grade. You can buy Diatomaceous Earth at local hardware garden centers But I like the Raw product because I just do and That makes MY job a Bit easier and still fun.
FlyJ

Lurkin4yrs

Lurkin4yrs

@FlyinJStable I wasn't attacking you =) it's all good brother, you ever use de for pool filters? It's prob much cheaper =)

-lurkin

FlyinJStable

FlyinJStable

Oh brother No I just know the number of New Up and Coming Growers and Didn't want to sound to Vaig
No worries, It also helps me Keep the Info straight in the FlyinJ, That aint no EZ task lol
Much respect
FlyJ

Lurkin4yrs

Lurkin4yrs

Have to wear a respirator when handling agsil. that shit will fuck you up

Alot of stuff is advised to wear a respirator, I remember my first time using perlite without a respirator lol all bad(can't imagine Agsil lol).

Agsil is nice because it desolves super fast and is instantly available to the plants.

-lurkin

C

cheech

I feel like I get away without disturbing the agsil enough to warrant wearing a respirator personally.

Dumping it from the bag into a plastic container for sure though, wear one.

Quantrill

Quantrill

Yeah, it is no fun inhaling the AgSil 16h powder. It irritates the soft tissue inside the nose because it is sooo alkaline. Luckily it is not crystalline though, so you wont get silicosis of the lungs. Rather it is absorbed through the lungs and you excrete most of it in your waste stream in relatively short order.

But yeah, I wear a respirator when I handle it in a way that makes a cloud.

D

Dimling

Hello guys. I got a problem. My re-shipper in the us(im up north in Scandinavia) has wised up to that my JR peters shipments don't contain Health and Beauty products:p
This means I now need to find someone who will ship JR peters products worldwide. should not be to hard, but alas... my google searches yielded naught.
So I turn to you, the beautiful people who turned me on to Jacks in the first place. Do you have any clue?
Thanks.

Latest posts

Top Bottom