Cheap alternatives to overpriced hydroponic nutrients

• Thread starter Chronic Monster
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
StonedBlue

StonedBlue

Disabled Vet
Supporter
OK so I have the following recipe and have all the ingredients. I understand I need dissolve each before adding to res. Question is what order?
1) Jacks hydro: 2.7 grams/gal
2) CaNo3: 2.8 grams/gal
3) MKP: 0.2 grams per gallon (Mono-potassium Phosphate)
4) MOST: .005 grams per gallon
5) K2SO4 0-0-50 : 0.5 grams per gallon (Sulfate of Potash)
6) CaCl2: .2 grams/gal (Calcium Chloride)
7) Silica: 5ml/ gal.
8) Epsom salts: 0.5 grams/gal

StonedBlue

StonedBlue

Disabled Vet
Supporter
Thank you.
Does that mean 1, 3, 5 & 8 could all be combined in one step?

Lurkin4yrs

Lurkin4yrs

Hmm I always thought the de cut the bugs up causing them to dry out. Intresting

StonedBlue

StonedBlue

Disabled Vet
Supporter
I just realized that my recipe (copied from @cap) lists 5m/l of Silica. Since it's a powder does anyone know the right weight?

N

Nightmara

I've been wondering about moving to Jacks for a while now but my only concern is also about Silica.. Currently I'm growing GH 2part with 8ml/10L Silica additive from Growth technology. I wondered if I went to Jacks hydro 3-2-1 with bloom booster from week3 and used AgSil16H as my silica additive. I found this somewhere " 560 grams of Agsil 16 in 1 gallon will give you 7.6% silicon (SiO2), which is the % in Dynagro ProTekt. Or 1 lb of AgSil 16 to 103.75 oz RO water. Use concentrate at 2 ml/gal. Good luck. -granger " So If I used 3-2-1 Jacks and 2ml per gallon of 7.6% Si would it make my K levels burst?
I have to use Si additive atleast I think so because I am constantly running high temps in reservoir and I have 2 separate res so buying expensive chillers isn't an option because It's working when using silicate and aerating with airpump.
Also I'm using tapwater which is very soft with EC 0,2.

StonedBlue

StonedBlue

Disabled Vet
Supporter
I only had that problem with one strain and the silica is fine. I'm really psyched by what I've seen so far with Jacks. And it's cheap!

StonedBlue

StonedBlue

Disabled Vet
Supporter
That problem only happened with one strain and only on a few leaves and seems to be gone. I'm using more Silica I think than I seem to remember you saying also.

Fresh Starts

Fresh Starts

I found this somewhere " 560 grams of Agsil 16 in 1 gallon will give you 7.6% silicon (SiO2), which is the % in Dynagro ProTekt. Or 1 lb of AgSil 16 to 103.75 oz RO water. Use concentrate at 2 ml/gal. Good luck. -granger "

560 grams of Agsil into a gallon and used @ 2ml per gallon is roughly 19.4 ppm Sil and 18.2 ppm K. With that being said, I would recommend you use 1ml per gallon with Jacks Hydro and forget about using the bloom booster. Here's why:
(A.) Jacks does not need anymore K than it has already and by using Agsil you're adding more. A bloom booster is overkill on K.
( B.) Si has an been shown to have an effective window of 5-50 ppm depending on the crop it is used on.
I'm currently using around 10 ppm and have seen the benefits of Si greatly improve my crops. Using 1ml per gallon would put you around 9.7 ppm Si and that should be enough for positive results without swinging your PH and causing Mg Deficiencies ( because they are so common when using Jacks) from an overload of K.

So If I used 3-2-1 Jacks and 2ml per gallon of 7.6% Si would it make my K levels burst?
No they will not. If you are in coco (or any other medium for that matter) don't let the medium get too dry. Intervienal chlorosis will signal K spikes and cause Mg uptake to drop. Foliar spraying Epsom Salts will be helpful if that happens. Good luck

N

Nightmara

Thank you im off to order some Jacks then. I see that mg deficiency sometimes few flowers in 12/12 with some strains or phenos. Foliar feeding epsom salts indeed works. So 50% or 80% of full Jacks? 3-2-1 is 80% I think
edit: Where should I look for AgSil and Jacks? Im located in EU

N

Nightmara

JRPeters only ships to USA and can.. And from customhydronutrients shipping cost is 260dollars for 4pound set.. Seems like I will continue to pay for water

N

Nightmara

I don't have a clue about mixing raw salts tbh. I'm using tapwater too so copying someones recipe wouldn't necessary work (even tho i have only 0,2ec) and I feel like I would be tweaking it forever.

Lurkin4yrs

Lurkin4yrs

I can't read lol, sorry bud. There has to be sumin like it in your country.

Top Bottom