Cheap alternatives to overpriced hydroponic nutrients

• Thread starter Chronic Monster
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
tweedy

tweedy

I'll save you all some time. This is some bomb all inclusive 1 part that is perfect for Cannabis.

Have any of you tried it yet? If not, do.

I've been really impressed with this one as well. Not perfect (could use a little bump in iron, etc) but a great stepping stone and veg's like a motherfucker.

tweedy

tweedy

Oh, and if any of you haven't had a chance to play with Nutriculture yet, so fucking cheap, not necessarily Jack cheap but definitely under 20 for a 5 lb bag and good dilution rates.

buddahslave

buddahslave

I tested Greenleaf Nutrients Bloom Blood which was Advanced Nutrients Bud Blood equivalent. I tested it and it actually worked way better than the bud blood. The plants blew the fuck up with larger stalks and way more bud sites. It did stretch the plant to almost 6'5" and I start all my plants flowering at 30". Over all I hope that some of my fellow farmers test some of their nutes so we can have more opinions:cigar:

buddahslave

buddahslave

My own recipe for 'Clearex' is 2 dry grams per gallon each of both table sugar and Epsom salt. Dissolve in a little hot water before I drop it in the res, works like a champ and I'm not changing... especially for the money. 80 grams of each is what I use for a typical res. change, that's pennies!

Final step is to pH the system to about 6.0... and the ladies will be ready in as little as 4 days. I don't do any of the crazy heavy feeds of this or that, so typically there isn't an excess of nutes to flush from the plants anyway.

I thought about changing up my nutrient regimen until night before last, when I harvested colas thicker than my thigh. So I'd say it's not my nutrient regimen that's holding me back here! LOL
Do you drain your rez first before you add the flush or do you add flush to the rez with the nutes in it?

buddahslave

buddahslave

Drain first then flush? My tanks are 55 gallon each so I was wondering if I drain all the nutes out first then run flush then drain flush. Can I run flush with old nute in it and then drain and add new water?

buddahslave

buddahslave

I'm getting salt build up in the rockwool so I have to start flushing every rez change!

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
I'll save you all some time. This is some bomb all inclusive 1 part that is perfect for Cannabis.

Have any of you tried it yet? If not, do.

is this new..? Looks pretty good.

Jack Dupp

Jack Dupp

So how many of you have tried the Dyna Grow Foliage Pro from Veg to Bloom?

Getting ready to try this on one Tahoe in my group. Have you done this successfully? I see people recommend it, but very little info or journals of it.

C

cheech

Just wanted to bump the thread, and see if those growers who have been using solely jacks as their base with the blossom booster in flower are still using it, or have you guys moved on. I used it on a full veg/bloom run, had a poor yield, but it could have been an environmental issue I had. I'm adding blossom booster starting week 3 this go around.

GR33NL3AF

GR33NL3AF

Just wanted to bump the thread, and see if those growers who have been using solely jacks as their base with the blossom booster in flower are still using it, or have you guys moved on. I used it on a full veg/bloom run, had a poor yield, but it could have been an environmental issue I had. I'm adding blossom booster starting week 3 this go around.

Im running 3-2-1 in Peat now, pH of runoff is wild but the plants look great, definitely look healthier than they did on Floranova.

C

cheech

Im running 3-2-1 in Peat now, pH of runoff is wild but the plants look great, definitely look healthier than they did on Floranova.

I'm running it in flock rock wool. No question the plants love it through veg, I just wonder if my shitty harvest meant that it wasn't working that well through flower. Are you running it through flower? I took turbo's advice and continued 3-2-1 plus .5 g of the blossom booster per gallon after week 4, or beginning of week 3 this time around. Only other supplements were silica at 2-3 tsp per gallon, with 3-4 tricontonalfoliar sprays. That's my entire regiment.

GR33NL3AF

GR33NL3AF

I'm running it in flock rock wool. No question the plants love it through veg, I just wonder if my shitty harvest meant that it wasn't working that well through flower. Are you running it through flower? I took turbo's advice and continued 3-2-1 plus .5 g of the blossom booster per gallon after week 4, or beginning of week 3 this time around. Only other supplements were silica at 2-3 tsp per gallon, with 3-4 tricontonalfoliar sprays. That's my entire regiment.

Ya im 6 weeks in now..
You say less yield this go around?
I was going to switch one of my beds to Rockwool after this round, do a side-by-side. I can't speculate on yield yet but they are green and healthy!

C

cheech

Don't know anything about peat, sounds boggy to me. Probably similar to sunshine or promix. Plants veg faster and yield more since I switched to containers full of loose wool, but I'm still ecstatic if I hit 1.25 per 1k.

Yea, my yield sucked on the one run that I ran this jacks formula on, but I had some heat issues for a week or two...... Not sure what happened, because the plants looked healthy throughout, the buds just never hardened up enough, even at week 11.

I had a coco (I hate coco almost as much as promix) side of the room that I fed cns 17, and the yield wasn't any better, which is why I think my problem was environmental.

Top Bottom