Cheap amazon LEDs . Take a look...

• Thread starter MHOGSMI
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

Also some of these people that buy $800 or more expensive lights seem to be unaware it is incredibly I mean incredibly easy to build your own LED strip lights for literally 10th of the price basically what I'm saying is there is never a reason to pay $800 to $1,000 for a single board other than convenience and if you have a s*** ton of money

I think I speak for everyone when I say we wouldn't mind at all if you posted a how-to, or a link to a how-to on building an LED strip.

Edit: Never mind! Found plenty.

Last edited:
MHOGSMI

MHOGSMI

How many true watts ya got running in there? And how much you really got in all those Amazon lights? Cuz we are talkin bout $’s not number of lights
Nice work by the wAy.

I have about 1200 tru watts being pulled by 6 lights. Has me right around 1.1-1.3gr per watt. $800 for my lights. This is my 3rd grow. They paid for themselves and plus already.
About to set up another tent(4x4). Running a maxsisun 4000. Should be interesting.

20201004 150034
CFC7143

CFC7143

I think I speak for everyone when I say we wouldn't mind at all if you posted a how-to, or a link to a how-to on building an LED strip.

Edit: Never mind! Found plenty.
Especially cob less, my best friend built a huge cob for 105$ and has a 5*6 tent with massive yields . Like I said 105$ and all it takes is a pair of strippers and a few wire nuts.

Screenshot 20201004 1506292
Screenshot 20201004 1505362
Screenshot 20201004 1505002
CFC7143

CFC7143

Especially cob less, my best friend built a huge cob for 105$ and has a 5*6 tent with massive yields . Like I said 105$ and all it takes is a pair of strippers and a few wire nuts.
And the cob is on a moving track that slowly goes back and forth

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

With my hlg 600 I was pulling 2+ pounds easy from a 4x4 (16sqft) 7x7 is 49 sq ft. More than triple that. Like others have said its a nice grow and you should be proud of it. But honestly it doesn't compete with the top end LEDs and thats not to dump on you bro. Hell of a nice grow.

Last edited:
M0nStarNuggety

M0nStarNuggety

Supporter
I work for samsung. I'm telling you right now if your willing to wait like a month or longer you can order them from China at a tenth of the price.

Always cheaper ordering direct, I have 12 boards, drivers, and heatsinks on the way. Around 1400-1500 true watts. Cost me half what a new Gavita would have. Mine still use same diodes as name brands as well. Just soooooo much still diluting the market with crap. Some know how and you can do just as well as the Big Boys.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I just want to say this is a grow to definitely be proud of. Taking into account the efficacy and all things with a cost of 800 for lighting i would say its well done for the equipment used. Nothing can take away from that and if my post kinda seemed that way it was not the intent. Plants look great, bud development looks great and I'm sure the smoke will also be great.

Just pointing out what I feel to be truth if you spent 4k on gavitas you would likely more than double your yields with the same wattage but for 800. Dam good job

MHOGSMI

MHOGSMI

Thanks Aquaman! The point of my post was just to show that the cheapo lights could do a pretty decent job without blowing a ton of money on lights. But ya I'm pumped! I know it could always be better. But for my small circle of friends and myself. This setup does the trick. Setting up another tent(4x4) and running This maxsisun 4000 in it.... I'll start a new thread when that grow kicks off...
Cheers everyone!

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Thanks Aquaman! The point of my post was just to show that the cheapo lights could do a pretty decent job without blowing a ton of money on lights. But ya I'm pumped! I know it could always be better. But for my small circle of friends and myself. This setup does the trick. Setting up another tent(4x4) and running This maxsisun 4000 in it.... I'll start a new thread when that grow kicks off...
Cheers everyone!
Kick ass bro

Moshmen

Moshmen

I work for samsung. I'm telling you right now if your willing to wait like a month or longer you can order them from China at a tenth of the price.
Are quantifying that they Chinese product is the same as the US stuff? And where would you buy the Samsung strips?

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I have one like this. But I didn't like it as I found buds flat on one side and buds should be rotated daily to help prevent that and even exposure. I prefer to hang on the stem for a slower dry so I gave mine to a buddy who likes it.

Anthem

Anthem

This is my dry weight. Yeah. I weighed 6 wet plants and that only came out to 2.8lbs...
Really dude?
Well that is great work. I have found the latest way the 150 dollar amazon light guys have found to increase yield is to extend the flowering time. So how long did you have them under 12/12 lighting. And 12/12 starts the first day of 12/12, not this new idea of flower time starts at first sign of flower.

Top Bottom