Cheap amazon LEDs . Take a look...

• Thread starter MHOGSMI
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
QuantumKush

QuantumKush

Grats man.. i use a $120 cob led from amazon too lol ... seems fine to me.. way i see it its like needing transportation to work.. ya a nice car is amazing.. but a beater honda will do the job just the same at a fraction of the price lol
Lol dang... I see this and feel like I should stop worrying about what light to use for my first grow. It's weird because I know a little bit about electronics (though nothing about actual light) and i feel like there SHOULD be a difference. All it takes is a weak solder connection or a faulty component like a diode or resistor and you could actually have a fire. All that said... THIS is pretty damn cool to look at.

I do see what looks like several lights in the tent, is all the light coming from the cheap amazon lights or no?

MHOGSMI

MHOGSMI

Lol dang... I see this and feel like I should stop worrying about what light to use for my first grow. It's weird because I know a little bit about electronics (though nothing about actual light) and i feel like there SHOULD be a difference. All it takes is a weak solder connection or a faulty component like a diode or resistor and you could actually have a fire. All that said... THIS is pretty damn cool to look at.

I do see what looks like several lights in the tent, is all the light coming from the cheap amazon lights or no?

So I have 4 king 1500watt. One Finest1500watt, and a Finest 3000watt in there. The 3000watt was $300. The rest were
$150..
Indeed. Many people like to put alot of attention on lights used but can't keep their ph correct or thier humidity in check. Kind of like having $3000 golf clubs but still sucking at golf because you lack simple fundamentals.
I'd check out Maxsisun lights. I've seen great grows and results with them.
Anyhow, yes, the lights being used are on the lower end of the cost spectrum from Amazon.
Cheers!

QuantumKush

QuantumKush

So I have 4 king 1500watt. One Finest1500watt, and a Finest 3000watt in there. The 3000watt was $300. The rest were
$150..
Indeed. Many people like to put alot of attention on lights used but can't keep their ph correct or thier humidity in check. Kind of like having $3000 golf clubs but still sucking at golf because you lack simple fundamentals.
I'd check out Maxsisun lights. I've seen great grows and results with them.
Anyhow, yes, the lights being used are on the lower end of the cost spectrum from Amazon.
Cheers!
Thanks for the info. I was thinking of a mars ts1000 in a 2x2. I'll check out the light you suggested. I was mainly worried about differences in the spectrum and the brightness but I'm starting to think as long as I have the right amount of light in the right space it will probably be good. Right now I'm trying to research fixes for mold and pests because I think that's going to be my biggest weakness for my first time.

MHOGSMI

MHOGSMI

Thanks for the info. I was thinking of a mars ts1000 in a 2x2. I'll check out the light you suggested. I was mainly worried about differences in the spectrum and the brightness but I'm starting to think as long as I have the right amount of light in the right space it will probably be good. Right now I'm trying to research fixes for mold and pests because I think that's going to be my biggest weakness for my first time.

Enzyme komplete will handle your water issues, and just have a decent fan to move air and you won't need worry about mold.
Why do you say pests or bugs???

Garg710

Garg710

Hmm my Amazon lights were under $100cdn so I got two. So far so good. No stretch.

IMG 20201005 223358 3
IMG 20201003 031636 5
MHOGSMI

MHOGSMI

Hmm my Amazon lights were under $100cdn so I got two. So far so good. No stretch.

Looks like you've got some yeast and sugar brewing... should hang that above your plants.... Co2 is heavier than O2.

Garg710

Garg710

Looks like you've got some yeast and sugar brewing... should hang that above your plants.... Co2 is heavier than O2.
Nope. Citric acid and baking soda. I seal up the tent vents for a few hours. It's not constantly in operation since I gotta keep an eye on it. Cheap solution though at around $40. Extra of you want the solenoid valve but I don't find it useful. I'll play with more though. I just don't wanna risk getting citric acid in my soil

Grownsince95

Grownsince95

❤🌱❤🤘😁✌
Supporter
Nope. Citric acid and baking soda. I seal up the tent vents for a few hours. It's not constantly in operation since I gotta keep an eye on it. Cheap solution though at around $40. Extra of you want the solenoid valve but I don't find it useful. I'll play with more though. I just don't wanna risk getting citric acid in my soil
Way back when I tried what you're doing! And it sounds like you already know its not really effective. But you're probably of the mentality that "it couldn't hurt" right? Im like that too and in this case fermentation is the way to go because you can drag it out waaaay longer and its steady.
You like beer? Pop one of these in the corner of your tent! Definitely couldn't hurt and the beer is delicious!!

It's cool that making your own hooch and growing herb is symbiotic like that ❤🌱

Garg710

Garg710

Way back when I tried what you're doing! And it sounds like you already know its not really effective. But you're probably of the mentality that "it couldn't hurt" right? Im like that too and in this case fermentation is the way to go because you can drag it out waaaay longer and its steady.
You like beer? Pop one of these in the corner of your tent! Definitely couldn't hurt and the beer is delicious!!

I'm sure it's better but i originally bought it for my neocaridina shrimp tank at that worked waay too well and I got 30lbs of citric acid to use up . At full blast it runs for about 3 days.

F9004dc3 c4f2 4769 9e9e 8224b95b65e7 1d172b14f1afd44b1e4268aeed7659fc4
skaterdude

skaterdude

Seems unlikely you'd have a fire from a cold solder joint or bad component. I built some custom LED lights and hooked up constant current supplies. Had about 4 cold solder joints out of 1000 or so LEDs (tough to get a good melt and flow with those heat sinks!), and so far about 6 - 8 of the LEDs have failed and had to be replaced. Also 3 or 4 of the power supplies. Most of this stuff was off aliexpress, so it was cheap to begin with. Nothing that would cause a fire. Highest voltage is around 65 VDC. They usually fail open (cut off the current flow).

skaterdude

skaterdude

Here's what the half-size light looks like. This covers 2 ft x 4 ft using 3W LEDs driven at about 3/4 max power. Spacing them out over a larger area allows the light to come in at various angles, so I get better penetration.

PXL 20201007 142819694
1gPerWattPlease

1gPerWattPlease

Always cheaper ordering direct, I have 12 boards, drivers, and heatsinks on the way. Around 1400-1500 true watts. Cost me half what a new Gavita would have. Mine still use same diodes as name brands as well. Just soooooo much still diluting the market with crap. Some know how and you can do just as well as the Big Boys.
Hey man can you post a link to the site you got your parts at? need to build one for a odd shaped closet. Thanks

Garg710

Garg710

I talked to my buddy that loves making craft beer and just so happened to have one of these laying around.

20201017 174846
MHOGSMI

MHOGSMI

Lol. On to a new run!
G13haze, Deathstar, Blueberry Headband, Forbidden Zkittles, and AK47 x2 because I still enjoy old school strains.
Got my 4x4 up and running. Running some autos( Fro-yo& purple diesel) then some photos( OGKZ, Blueberry cookies, Forbidden zkittle x2 and BruceBanner#3 x2?
Running maxsisun pb4000 and pb2000 lights 18/6.
Supersoil with the autos, roots organic mixed with lush for the photos. Feeding only photos at this point with General Organics lineup.

Cheers!

20201201 161452
20201130 162057
Top Bottom