Cheap LED 4x4 DWC grow (new setup)

• Thread starter ninjadip
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
BehindEnemyLines

BehindEnemyLines

It's a shame MIGRO/Shane has sold out. Most don't know he has his own shop and is all about whats best for him and his. It's funny how when he changed to SpotOn Meters and did some really bone head cell phone meter testing it became clear where he was going and how he planned to get there. Being a shop owner you would think he would comment on warranty and customer service on the lights he test and sells. But,,, no,,, thats very matter of fact, like he hasn't a real working clue. When you know he has true real world experience. Put me right off on buying his lights and vague specs when you really get to digging

Yeah you’re right about the spot on meter and app.

Anthem

Anthem

He’s done at least one review on a ChilLed Growcraft Commercial light. You’re right though, I don’t think he shows any commercial models in his top picks.

Then again, i’m fairly certain he is just trying to target his primary demographic which is not commercial.

I am sincerely curious what lights you’re running.
It does not really matter what lights I have or for that matter what lights anyone has. One of these threads gets started about 2 or 3 times a week. I have nothing against China or the people. Heck my GF is from there. What I take offense to is the deceitful way these companies go to market. It is just a sad situation because like so many you get feed the information these companies want you to see. Try looking up best grow light of 2022. It is all propaganda by these companies. People say oh I did so much research and this is the best light. They did the research and from the research it is the best light. I have taken on more endeavors than I care to admit but I have learned a few things along the way. I was just about to buy the cool aid these companies sell. I stopped by a hydro shop on my way home and I looked at I believe some early quantum boards. The tech just happened to mention a leading HPS company had just came out with an LED. I went with that brand.
The original bar style LED was created by BML or BLM. I get it confused with Bureau of Land Management. That company went on to be called Fluence and is now owned by Ozram.
Even some of the larger LED fixture companies have just bought a commercial fixture and knocked it off. I had some ROI-680s and they were knock offs. You can get a better idea of what LEDs are on the boards if you turn the power down to about 20 percent. Luxx did the same thing. Luxx is the brain child of Jungle Boys in LA. They have sold the whole platform out. They grow some of the best dispensary weed you can get in the LA area. Followed by many in IG. But they just kept pushing Luxx and Athena. Both companies they owned. They even had the same corporate address at one time. Athena produces some really pretty weed, shines and colorful. Just what you see and cannot open at the dispensary.

ninjadip

ninjadip

It does not really matter what lights I have or for that matter what lights anyone has. One of these threads gets started about 2 or 3 times a week. I have nothing against China or the people. Heck my GF is from there. What I take offense to is the deceitful way these companies go to market. It is just a sad situation because like so many you get feed the information these companies want you to see. Try looking up best grow light of 2022. It is all propaganda by these companies. People say oh I did so much research and this is the best light. They did the research and from the research it is the best light. I have taken on more endeavors than I care to admit but I have learned a few things along the way. I was just about to buy the cool aid these companies sell. I stopped by a hydro shop on my way home and I looked at I believe some early quantum boards. The tech just happened to mention a leading HPS company had just came out with an LED. I went with that brand.
The original bar style LED was created by BML or BLM. I get it confused with Bureau of Land Management. That company went on to be called Fluence and is now owned by Ozram.
Even some of the larger LED fixture companies have just bought a commercial fixture and knocked it off. I had some ROI-680s and they were knock offs. You can get a better idea of what LEDs are on the boards if you turn the power down to about 20 percent. Luxx did the same thing. Luxx is the brain child of Jungle Boys in LA. They have sold the whole platform out. They grow some of the best dispensary weed you can get in the LA area. Followed by many in IG. But they just kept pushing Luxx and Athena. Both companies they owned. They even had the same corporate address at one time. Athena produces some really pretty weed, shines and colorful. Just what you see and cannot open at the dispensary.
Thank you, I love this sort of stuff.

What do I look for when the light is dimmed to its lowest setting?
I have a mother tent that I had to turn the dimmer to the lowest setting and the plant still won't slow down.

If I could start over I would buy some bar lights, I love their light distribution.

M

mannitu68

this is not about lighting. Its not about a light is from China or not or how expensive it is. I cant believe how some of you are brining it down to this trivial level. Its about admitting that 2+ 2 is 4. Not writing in my post that my light has Samsung LM301 diodes and a meanwell driver when i exactly know it doesnt. Not praising a company when it takes only 2 minutes work to see they put all their efforts in scamming people and faking tests and numbers. Willingness to learn and not to hold on to stupid and obviously wrong position and numbers, just for the sake of getting admiration "Oh yeah cool you have a hell of a light for 50 bucks it kicks ass seems as efficient as a Scorpion Diablo"

So ridicolous few are bringing this down to "Youre hating cheap lights"...staggered by the obvious lack of intellectual competence.

R

ritoMox

So ridicolous few are bringing this down to "Youre hating cheap lights"...staggered by the obvious lack of intellectual competence.
Nah, bud. It's just that most of us here on a WEED site have more pressing matters to attend to like damn, that frosty nug ain't gonna smoke itself. Shit, where did I put my lighter. You know, the good things in this short life. I'm thinking that consumer reports and them might give you better feedback
Edit: Disclaimer: The views expressed are mine and should not be construed as being representative of THCFARMER, or anyone but me🤣✌️

Last edited:
Shayne010944

Shayne010944

I just finished a grow in a 4x4 tent . One plant using a spider farmer 4000. . Ended up getting 11 oz dry. Can’t work out how I would get more even with that light. Had it at %80 intensity cause otherwise they were tacoing

ninjadip

ninjadip

I just finished a grow in a 4x4 tent . One plant using a spider farmer 4000. . Ended up getting 11 oz dry. Can’t work out how I would get more even with that light. Had it at %80 intensity cause otherwise they were tacoing
You would have to have more than one plant to get more weight

M

mannitu68

Mars another Chinese Company ripping people off. I have owned a total of 3 of their lights. 1 purple that ran for 1.5 years before I quit using it. Gave that and a TS 1000 to a widow along with another TS1000 that needed a new driver. Two drivers blew within 3 weeks of each other. When I hit them up with the exact same problem they want all the same stuff again. Make it hard in the consumer so they will not try to return the light.
the margin on the TS 1000 must have been huge for them here in Europe they were 130-150eu for a long time. They somehow established this light, im sure its one of the most selled lights ever. Even with its unspectacular performance. Its pretty much as efficient as e27 bulbs with 130 watts/1521 lumen and cut off diffuser.

M

mannitu68

It's a shame MIGRO/Shane has sold out. Most don't know he has his own shop and is all about whats best for him and his. It's funny how when he changed to SpotOn Meters and did some really bone head cell phone meter testing it became clear where he was going and how he planned to get there. Being a shop owner you would think he would comment on warranty and customer service on the lights he test and sells. But,,, no,,, thats very matter of fact, like he hasn't a real working clue. When you know he has true real world experience. Put me right off on buying his lights and vague specs when you really get to digging.

I gotta say, besides the mystery with his own Lights, im very grateful for the channel, i havent seen a single test that made me scratch my head. Hes got about 200 testvideos, they are short and very convenient if you want to look up a light. Hes also one of the people that tells people theres no gain in THC-content, while selling UV-lights on his own. Cant deny that he has some ambitions, wants to be honest. Right now im just having a hard time with his light having 2.7 umol/J systemefficiency, what would require at least 2.85 LED-modul-efficiency while only using 3.5 LM281B+ diodes per watt. The Aray 2 having the best value with 2.39 useable PPFD. He probably just found a little "hole" in his own testing methods.

I was actually about to buy the Aray 3 and pulled off last seconds when i realized, he changed the diodes from 301s to 281B+. I mean, there is a top rank LM281B+ , like the RK and SK-bin, that would fit the specs somehow, it would just be nice if it was transparent. Because it would be by far the most efficient LM281B+ light on the market. I still like the lights, i just dont think the Aray 3 is worth 300eu.

Me myself, im using 7.2 LM281B+s per watt and am not reaching this efficiency.

Last edited:
ninjadip

ninjadip

i got 4 in the tent now so hope i get 1LB
Nice! I think 4 in a 4x4 is ideal. I just finished trimming/drying my first grow, I couldn't get the ideal drying environment and over-dried some from the heat in the room. Measured 14oz from 3 plants in a 2x4x5' very short tent. Really one of the plants didn't produce much at all, I hurt her too bad... So just two plants and only one I was proud of lol
On this next run I'm going to add two additives I didn't use the first time: mono silac acid(silica, brand MSA) and GH floralicious plus. From what I've researched these two should really put this grow to the next level compared to my last.

Shayne010944

Shayne010944

Nice! I think 4 in a 4x4 is ideal. I just finished trimming/drying my first grow, I couldn't get the ideal drying environment and over-dried some from the heat in the room. Measured 14oz from 3 plants in a 2x4x5' very short tent. Really one of the plants didn't produce much at all, I hurt her too bad... So just two plants and only one I was proud of lol
On this next run I'm going to add two additives I didn't use the first time: mono silac acid(silica, brand MSA) and GH floralicious plus. From what I've researched these two should really put this grow to the next level compared to my last.
yeah i used floralicious GH . it worked well you will see the effects

Shayne010944

Shayne010944

Awesome! I saw your massive colas, I hope I get big ones like that this time as well

What are your thoughts on silica, I've been researching a lot on it and decided to use it this time as well
thanks mate . plant could have vegged longer i think but it still went well. are you growing in coco ? i have never used silica . i use green planet nutes and also have the GH trio which ive been using on the outdoor ones.

i do have a hydro setup and when i used that i used Great white . this time it failed after 4 weeks so i packed it up and just ran with coco again

ninjadip

ninjadip

thanks mate . plant could have vegged longer i think but it still went well. are you growing in coco ? i have never used silica . i use green planet nutes and also have the GH trio which ive been using on the outdoor ones.

i do have a hydro setup and when i used that i used Great white . this time it failed after 4 weeks so i packed it up and just ran with coco again
I'm not in coco but it interests me and I will probably try it sometime in the future maybe 🤔 I am using expanded clay pellets, or leicra I think it's called.

ninjadip

ninjadip

Let’s see moar pics 😎
I might retire this thread, I don't like how it started .... Really gets to me for some reason. I started this with so much energy and I let a few people get to me and suck something out of me I didn't want sucked 😆
Some my fault, I admit. I will start a new one in a week or two.

I really appreciate your interest.
Update: 5 clones in tent, little babies with 2-3 nodes, had a problem getting the microbe balance right because I use filtered tap water, I believe I finally got it down as the ph is finally stabilizing and rising slowly like normal. Now I'm battling getting the humidity right in that big ass tent. Little humidifier might not be enough.
I'm not sure if it's needed but I put weened the babies into the higher light intensity from their little cloning station, by lowering the lights some every day starting at the top of the tent. Today I just finally lowered the lights the last adjustment. I can smell the plants growing now if that makes sense. I topped them yesterday.

ninjadip

ninjadip

I am also experimenting to feed the very minimum amount to see exactly what they need. I believe I was giving too much on my first grow by following the manufacturer feeding chart. Right now I'm trying 1/3 of that, I'm thinking 1/2 will be prefect, but they are so young I'm trying to be careful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom