Cheap Methods of adding C02 to the room?

• Thread starter Chobble
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Chobble

Chobble

Howdy guys, Im thinking of cheap ways to add Co2 to my room. Even cheaper then propane? and without the flame...

I was thinking about letting dry ice run its course in there slowly adding Co2 to the air. Does anyone have any advise on doing this or other methods that are easier/cheaper?

Chobble

Bannacis

Bannacis

lets see... vinegar or lemon juice and baking soda... i had this set up with a Tupperware container layered with backing soda and then (if you can get one) is a I V drip line attached to a lid for a bottle with vinegar in it. a fan gentle swung the drip line so it dripped in a new spot. not sure of the amount co2,but it worked.
since co2 is heavier than air, just have a fan blowing it upwards.

there's the sugar and yeast set up...check here..

http://www.drugs-forum.com/growfaq/1177.htm

Chobble

Chobble

lets see... vinegar or lemon juice and baking soda... i had this set up with a Tupperware container layered with backing soda and then (if you can get one) is a I V drip line attached to a lid for a bottle with vinegar in it. a fan gentle swung the drip line so it dripped in a new spot. not sure of the amount co2,but it worked.
since co2 is heavier than air, just have a fan blowing it upwards.

there's the sugar and yeast set up...check here..

http://www.drugs-forum.com/growfaq/1177.htm

Sweet one of those bottles lasts like a day or two?

Chobble

Bannacis

Bannacis

the sugar and yeast, as stated said up to 3 weeks, the more yeast you put in the more co2 is made ,but it doesn't last as long.
i've done both, in a small grow tent it works great.
I think the key to keep it going is to keep temps from dropping on bottle... the yeast and sugar...

plus if you can find seltzer water,( it used to be in state stores) its carbonated water.(CO2)...no salts...I used it as a foiler spray.
there is club soda, but it has salts.
A worm farm will emit co2 also.
making wine also.
a fire extinguisher...

Oh on the dry ice, sorry... it would work, just might be a little costly...haven't bought dry ice lately.
just put a chunk in a tray with some water....ffzzz!

Chobble

Chobble

the sugar and yeast, as stated said up to 3 weeks, the more yeast you put in the more co2 is made ,but it doesn't last as long.
i've done both, in a small grow tent it works great.
I think the key to keep it going is to keep temps from dropping on bottle... the yeast and sugar...

plus if you can find seltzer water,( it used to be in state stores) its carbonated water.(CO2)...no salts...I used it as a foiler spray.
there is club soda, but it has salts.
A worm farm will emit co2 also.
making wine also.
a fire extinguisher...

Oh on the dry ice, sorry... it would work, just might be a little costly...haven't bought dry ice lately.
just put a chunk in a tray with some water....ffzzz!

All of those are great! I think Ill give the yeast a go. What I was thinking about dry ice though was that you could just leave it in the room, It may cool it a little and it will slowly evaporate over 1-2 weeks instead of making it quickly evaporate in water

Bannacis

Bannacis

i think the dry ice added couldn't hurt, if you had a way to hang it right in the mix of things...i did a little of em all,except dry ice.
even used a fogger set in a tub of club soda, it releases co2 in with the mist/fog. i use same fogger in my cloner.

Latest posts

Top Bottom