Cheapest Rent In Cali?

• Thread starter DrCALIGREENTHUM
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
MendoCruz

MendoCruz

Lake county (boarders Mendo) is fantastic for growing and SUPER cheap.

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
^^^Sounds good^^^
Looks like a really nice place to live too.
Someday, If the price of my place comes back, I will move farther north..I hope

yeah I think Northern Cal would be your best bet in finding a prop 215 friendly landlord.

You have a job that you have to stay close to?

P

paulycali

Lake County beautiful but nothing out there. I for sure like where surfr suggests. Off the 395 somewhere. Now thats a beautiful place. Doesnt get much better for the outdoor enthusiast. Just amazingly nice out there. Cheap rent for sure to as long as your not right in mammoth lakes or anything. Somewhere in between Bishop and Mammoth. Check it out. Let me know what you find. Hopefully some good finding. Good luck with your search. Merry christmas everyone and have a happy new year as well. Peace out :)

ronvmpc

ronvmpc

June Lake, CA. 3 bedroom $1150. Maybe 1/4 acre. Best winter of my life and I will for sure retire there.

Bishop by the owens river is pretty sweet. We would float that thing every summer. The people there are cool too.

soserthc1

soserthc1

North of Oroville, east of Mt Shasta up in the high desert has got to be the cheapest rents in all of california, that whole northeast corner of the state. I've thought about setting up shop there in the past, it's really remote and forested if you can handle being really out in the middle of nowhere. But you would be driving 3 hours or more to get things like groceries and supplies .
except smoke better stock up on munchies - boy if i never got married the rv sounds great, i would be there in a minute got a trailer 3 miles from the beach in a summer area and love it man.......

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
private lenders charge 12% and you would need to put down 35% on the property, and it would have to have a house on it. Just land is 50% loan to value. Unless you coudl get a seller to carry...

De Rail does make a great point about having your own property. If you rent though, the feds cant seize your property... just your other assets. You have more peace of mind when you own...kind of.

drunknbass

drunknbass

i just moved out to east riverside (low desert) and its pretty cool. ive lived in oc all my life and la the last 4 years.

my rent for a big 3 br house with huge backyard, pool, spa, 3x rv parking etc is 1250.

summer was warm but the pool makes it tolerable. winter is cold at night but my fireplace makes it tolerable.

the good part is there are less nosey fucks poking their noses into my business and if youre not a gang banger or cooking meth youre on the right side of the law.

there are also a shit load of short sales and foreclosures and i bet you could snag a spot like what you describe for under 150k if you look enough.

oh yea, and i get fios here! lol

jcom

jcom

Heads up that Lake County has a lot of conservatives and things have been going in the wrong direction (for 420 nation) up there over the last few years. They are cracking down on disps and growers pretty heavily. Just Google Lake County marijuana and you'll find plenty to read. Mendo and Lake, even though they're close, are vastly different politically. Take it from me. I had a house under contract , on 111 acres, last year and I walked after reading about the busts up there. Just by luck, I found an article about my particular property and found out that there was a bust on it in 2010. The cops found a group of transient growers (non cartel) renegrade growing on the far reaches of the property.....owners didnt even know about it. Several hundred plants. I immediately canceled the contract. Broke my heart cause i had big plans and it was beautiful...but that prop was a mark. LOTS of helicopters in lake. I think it started going downhill after the big Eddy lepp bust in upper lake....tens of thousands of plants...he's serving a life sentence. I think Lake County felt like it was a black eye on them and they started getting tough. My $0.02

singingcrow

singingcrow

Contact me in a PM if you do get property in Ventura County and want a partner for growing. I am looking for a partner at the moment and do grow at my home, but have a limited amount of room in my "plant room". Want to work with someone to expand the growing, indoors in a home if possible.

S

StonerB

The less desirable an area for others than the cheaper for you. I would say look in the desert. I once lived in a shit hole of a town that was in the MIDDLE of nowhere and only paid $800 for a brand new 4 bed house. The yard was small but there were plenty of others around with acres. As a bonus most of these places come with BIG A.C, built in and you are expected to run it pretty much 24/7 so power bills are often already high and you wont stick out like in the city. Just have a good cover story of your "day-job" it wont go without notice in a town this small if you spend too much at the store, drive the wrong car, or always smell like you just had a bowl.

B

Bluenote

North of Oroville, east of Mt Shasta up in the high desert has got to be the cheapest rents in all of california, that whole northeast corner of the state. I've thought about setting up shop there in the past, it's really remote and forested if you can handle being really out in the middle of nowhere. But you would be driving 3 hours or more to get things like groceries and supplies .

Hmmmmm , only forested to a certain extent once you get into eastern Lassen country and Modoc county not so much , good places out around Burney/Round Mountain/ Hatcreek etc. caveat:**** stay OFF tribal lands**** , just don't even cross that line. Trust me on this one.

If you look carefully and wish to buy there are one HELL of a lot of foreclosures around for under 75k that are suitable , down in to the 20s and 30s , I shit you not , especially in some of the small towns along the I-5 and upper 99 corridors. And if you're willing to buy bare land you're probably sitting in the catbird seat right now. Still some good deals on the west side of 5 but that's over towards the "heat" and the problems , me I'd rather avoid all that crap.

ogplatinum

ogplatinum

Hmmmmm , only forested to a certain extent once you get into eastern Lassen country and Modoc county not so much , good places out around Burney/Round Mountain/ Hatcreek etc. caveat:**** stay OFF tribal lands**** , just don't even cross that line. Trust me on this one.

If you look carefully and wish to buy there are one HELL of a lot of foreclosures around for under 75k that are suitable , down in to the 20s and 30s , I shit you not , especially in some of the small towns along the I-5 and upper 99 corridors. And if you're willing to buy bare land you're probably sitting in the catbird seat right now. Still some good deals on the west side of 5 but that's over towards the "heat" and the problems , me I'd rather avoid all that crap.

Grew up hiking, fishing, and backpacking through Hat Creek/Burny Falls area. Good to know others love this area as much as I do! I really would LOVE to retire right in Old Station, Hat Creek area, but we'll see!

fractal

fractal

Heads up that Lake County has a lot of conservatives and things have been going in the wrong direction (for 420 nation) up there over the last few years. They are cracking down on disps and growers pretty heavily. Just Google Lake County marijuana and you'll find plenty to read. Mendo and Lake, even though they're close, are vastly different politically. Take it from me. I had a house under contract , on 111 acres, last year and I walked after reading about the busts up there. Just by luck, I found an article about my particular property and found out that there was a bust on it in 2010. The cops found a group of transient growers (non cartel) renegrade growing on the far reaches of the property.....owners didnt even know about it. Several hundred plants. I immediately canceled the contract. Broke my heart cause i had big plans and it was beautiful...but that prop was a mark. LOTS of helicopters in lake. I think it started going downhill after the big Eddy lepp bust in upper lake....tens of thousands of plants...he's serving a life sentence. I think Lake County felt like it was a black eye on them and they started getting tough. My $0.02

I don't think anybody should be going to jail for a plant on their own property, but what the hell did eddy think was going to happen? His whole approach was designed to taunt the feds and he should have seen it coming. That's the definition of "blowing up the spot" for everyone else.

B

Bluenote

I don't think anybody should be going to jail for a plant on their own property, but what the hell did eddy think was going to happen? His whole approach was designed to taunt the feds and he should have seen it coming. That's the definition of "blowing up the spot" for everyone else.

Not anything that's not happening everywhere else . you can drive around in *any* of the small towns along the I-5 corridor form Willows on up during late september and see HUGE plants looming up out of folks backyards in full bud.

Lots of folks kinds of hanging it out there waving a red flag at a possible bull.

E

ent

Try Somis. You aren't going to find your acre in one of those beach towns you listed for very cheap. But maybe Somis. Or Santa Paula. Or Ojai. Or back in Lockwood Valley area.

fractal

fractal

Bluenote that is correct but eddy had like 10 or 20 thousand plants didn't he? I doubt any backyard grows have more than 50-60 plants, 99 at most.

B

Bluenote

Bluenote that is correct but eddy had like 10 or 20 thousand plants didn't he? I doubt any backyard grows have more than 50-60 plants, 99 at most.

Sure he was hanging it way out there and as I stated waving the proverbial flag at the bull..

The whole point is that the Feds arbitrary limit is bullshit , hell they even count clones and dead stems as a plant. The more they seize the larger their apropriations budget for the next year , hence the inflated figures they release to the media.

potentinfinite

potentinfinite

Around Ventura/Santa Barbara? I would suggest Ojai it's twenty minutes from both lots of space, natural food stores, orange groves and avocados all the time...plus a beautiful but tragic if not teaching history

Top Bottom