Check out my first ever grow thanks to you guys!!!!!!!!!! Correct me if I'm wrong??

• Thread starter helpmegrowbuds
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Newty

Newty

yes i’d say so,.
In general are you saying that's to many fan leaves to take off or to many for an Autoflower?

I'm growing photoperiods and did my first scrog on my current grow in the 8x4. I was not aggressive at all with it because I wanted to see how the plant reacted to the little bit I did do and also didn't want to screw anything up in general.

I defoliated everything under the net during veg. I did some research and seen that plenty of websites related to growing (not just forums) say to do a major defoliation of just about all the fan leaves on week 3 of flower.
I went ahead and took that advice and did a major defoliation 4 days ago. I was worried about doing it before I even did it and now I seen this and my fear is back.

I just didn't know if the websites that say to do a major defoliation on week 3 of flower was for photoperiods only or if it is simply bad advice that plagues the internet.

H

helpmegrowbuds

In general are you saying that's to many fan leaves to take off or to many for an Autoflower?

I'm growing photoperiods and did my first scrog on my current grow in the 8x4. I was not aggressive at all with it because I wanted to see how the plant reacted to the little bit I did do and also didn't want to screw anything up in general.

I defoliated everything under the net during veg. I did some research and seen that plenty of websites related to growing (not just forums) say to do a major defoliation of just about all the fan leaves on week 3 of flower.
I went ahead and took that advice and did a major defoliation 4 days ago. I was worried about doing it before I even did it and now I seen this and my fear is back.

I just didn't know if the websites that say to do a major defoliation on week 3 of flower was for photoperiods only or if it is simply bad advice that plagues the internet.
I hear what your saying but in my case I'm still in flower and it effected my yield ALOT first harvest was way more then this one

Newty

Newty

I hear what your saying but in my case I'm still in flower and it effected my yield ALOT first harvest was way more then this one
Well you found out that it did not work out well for Autos you grew, you tried something new and it did not work out but that's how you learn.
I've made plenty mistakes myself trying new things, I've also found some pretty neat and beneficial techniques as well along the way and so will you!

Like I said before, I did a heavy defoliation in week 3 of flower but mine are photoperiods. I'm at 5 weeks now and so far I'm liking what I see but I still have a long way to go before I know if it hurts my yield.

Top Bottom