Check this bud out! Wierd!

• Thread starter Dgbigkush
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Dgbigkush

Dgbigkush

This plant has two main collas and one of the collas has grown this extra growth on the top of the bud going straight up like a stem with pistols on it. I swear it did this in a couple of days and also why are the pistols pink?? The other colla does not have this growth on it and does not have pink pistols on it.

Check this bud out wierd
Check this bud out wierd 2
Tobor the 8th Man

Tobor the 8th Man

Supporter
It's foxtailing. Is it hot in the grow room? Some strains just do it but that looks induced by some factor.

Dgbigkush

Dgbigkush

It's foxtailing. Is it hot in the grow room? Some strains just do it but that looks induced by some factor.

Its not hot at all between 70-75degrees. im sure its a little warmer closer to the light but there cfl's so it cant be that much of a difference. There were times i was dealing with colder weather and now it starting to warm up a little so the temp is up from a month ago. What is foxtailing? why are the pistols pink on that colla and not the other and why isn't the other colla foxtailing?

I

ibTheMan

too hot or kinda looks like reveg with those single leafs up top.

M

MMJInsiders

Looks like reveg to me. It could be the strain but 9 times out of 10 it's a light leak...

Smokey503ski

Smokey503ski

100% Re Vegging plant. Have you changed your light cycle at all while they were in flower? Or have you gone into the room when lights are out? Like the OP said, light leaks will do that.

Dgbigkush

Dgbigkush

Looks like reveg to me. It could be the strain but 9 times out of 10 it's a light leak...

I will say this strain is different cause the actual buds do seem like they have lots of leaves coming out of them. I dont think its a reveg from light leak cause i would be having a problem with one of the others and why is only one of the two collas doing it? I think its just the strain doing some wierd shit!

X

xchaoticmetalx

Def reveg. Remember that we can sex a branch out using a bark bag to induce 12-12 on a single branch, so logic tells me it will work the other way around. If that branch is getting the brunt of the light leak, it will be the one responding to reveg the most. I would say seal it up, get in that room with lights off and look for light leaks, you will be surprised what ya see. I have had a almost idetical problem myself a few years back.

Dgbigkush

Dgbigkush

Def reveg. Remember that we can sex a branch out using a bark bag to induce 12-12 on a single branch, so logic tells me it will work the other way around. If that branch is getting the brunt of the light leak, it will be the one responding to reveg the most. I would say seal it up, get in that room with lights off and look for light leaks, you will be surprised what ya see. I have had a almost idetical problem myself a few years back.[/QUOTE

If you think its reveging it has to be from something else then a light leak. Its a case grow and its always dark where its at. and ive never interupted the night cycle. I just think its from something else. Ive heard that sativa strains have second growth sperts and grow finger like growths? I dont know what strain it is but i did have to do some supercropping and tieing down to this one. maybe from heat stress? I will check if i have a light leak.

hiboy

hiboy

Out of my 24 plants one bud of mine did that. Definitely not light leak, its at the end of the row nowhere near any light sources. i just clipped it off and was done with it. All my other buds are huge, same water, no variables.
hiboy

M

MMJInsiders

I will say this strain is different cause the actual buds do seem like they have lots of leaves coming out of them. I dont think its a reveg from light leak cause i would be having a problem with one of the others and why is only one of the two collas doing it? I think its just the strain doing some wierd shit!

Here's what I can tell you.. I have seen plants reveg from what I would have considered a non issue source, like a led light on a timer. In a situation like the led light, only the cola close to the source was effected, every other plant and even other bud sites on the effected plant were fine. I have seen minor, and I mean minor, reflections of light bouncing its way through ducting and into the reflector and only a tiny amount of light hits one or two bud sites closest to the reflector and same deal, reveg.

About 10-12 years ago I had a small makeshift homemade tent set-up that just happened to be close to a tv. There were 6 of these homemade tents in the room, this particular one was right next to a tv that I would have on while working in the room. Each tent was an hour apart, all 12/12 in this room. On several runs I had plants that were about 4 feet tall in this tent. In one corner, the plant closest to the corner would do exactly what you have going. I figured it was a light leak, but couldn't find it. Sure as shit there were a few small holes right in the corner, hidden a bit by a 2x4 that I never noticed. Never noticed that is until about the 4th time this phenomenon occurred and I really started to dig. Sure as shit, I couldn't see a damn thing with the overhead lighting in the room on, but hoping in the tent with the tv on and there it was. A couple layers of duct tape and it never happened in that tent again. Food for thought.

Have you changed your lighting cycle in any way? No timers with LED's of any light at all that may be reflected into the grow area?

M

MMJInsiders

Did you recently flush due to lockout or did she get a rather high dose of N? I have seen similar phenomenon in cases where a plant is locked up for a long time through flower and then the issue gets corrected and shoots start flying, but it is usually a plant wide deal and usually looks more "stacked" on existing sites. I have also seen high doses of N late in flower bring on similar issues to the one I just mentioned but usually there are other signs like nute burned leaves, pillowing, etc.

Single bladed fan leaves scream reveg (light leak) and if I had to put my money on it, that's where it would be...

xX Kid Twist Xx

xX Kid Twist Xx

Premium Member
Supporter
to me it looks like a re veg as well. what size pot is it in, a super small one? maybe root bound?

hiboy

hiboy

Dont think its light leak, my plant was in the corner and there is no door, no l.e.d. lights from equipment, etc. At the other end of the room is where i would have the l.e.d. a/c lights.

M

MMJInsiders

As far as pistil color, it is not uncommon for a revegged plant to show different color pistils. Plants (usually Sativa) that are flowered, harvested, and then revegged often show this.

There are a few strains that this happens naturally. I have had a few perfectly healthy sativa purps grow pink/purple/blue pistils on the whole plant. Superskunk, Orange Bud, and a few others will do this as well...

Edit: I forgot about K. Some say a K def will cause pink pistils as well. I have not had this happen that I can recall/realized.

W

wiklund

Hi!

My Kandy kush and kushberry from Reserva Privade revegged just like this in my last grow. No other plant in the grow room did it? :worried

Kind regards M

S

smokestack23

I've had pink pistils before but it was the strain and, obviously, the whole plant.
I haven't heard about pistils changing color due to re-veg but...makes nothing but sense here.
So now you have ANOTHER sign pointing to reveg.
If it was a deficiency or strain specific it should be plant wide no? It IS true that deficiencies and the like can manifest faster and more extremely closer to the light source since that's where it's metabolizing the fastest but....

Did you actually follow the advice to go into the room at lights-out and check?
Check the TIMER too. They can go south and cause re-veg.

Now, I'm making this part up but...you say you're using CFLs...

A full moon lights up the night VERY well. You'd think that that should mess-up outdoor flowering cycles. It's a LOT of light. More than ..say... a timer's LED or one on an AC unit. BUT...the light of the full moon is very slight when compared to the outdoor daytime sun. Even on a cloudy day the sun throws a helluva lot of light.

MAYBE the fact that you aren't hitting that plant with a lot of light (I'm assuming only..since you're using CFLs) in the light cycle could allow just the SLIGHTEST amount of leaking light to throw things off? Maybe it's a relativity thing? I don't know.

Anyway...there are other sources of light pollution, ones that might be intermittent so that you wouldn't see them unless you spent extended amounts of time in there in the dark. Like...for example, I've heard of people realizing that they had a SMALL opening in the light-proofing that would allow light to enter that was caused by a neighbor's motion sensored porchlight. It was off most of the time so went un-noticed for a LONG time.

Light leaks can be caused by a BILLION things and can be hard to catch sometimes.

It seems that the vast majority of replies to this thread say re-veg due to light leak. They aren't lying to you. You really should make EVERY effort to investigate it.

Pink pistils are SO SEXXXY!!!

YMMV, IMHO, FWIW, AFAIK. These are ONLY my OPINIONS.

Dgbigkush

Dgbigkush

Let me start off my saying thank you and i do appreciate all your opinions.
I can tell you for sure,without a doubt,positively I do not have a light leak! You have to rule this out.This has to be from something else. I know there is no light penetrating in the case. I dont know much about growing, kinda just winged it with some internet info and some help from the local hydro store.. So i cant disagree it might be a N problem in the neuts. I haven't had any problems with the grow(no signs). Except this little problem.. Im using Canna a-b with bloomblastic as a bloom booster in coco. they've had 10mil a-b with 3/4 bloomblastic per gallon for the last 5 weeks now. As the canna schedule says i should be leaning off the neuts and starting flush in a week. Should i be just giving them Bloomblastic and no a-b? This could be the problem but i dont know. What i do know is there is NO light leak! lol.. I haven't had any yellowing or spots or signs of trouble. I'll post some more pics of the other colla I do notice a very little amount of pink pistols. The plant seems fine.

Dgbigkush

Dgbigkush

to me it looks like a re veg as well. what size pot is it in, a super small one? maybe root bound?

I would say there about a square gallon pot. I know they should be in a bigger pot but i had area and hight problems so I had to use square pots for fitting in the case better. I just never transplanted into bigger pots. The roots from the males that were removed seemed like they had plenty of room.

M

MMJInsiders

Well, you got me then. 19 years of this grow thing and still I wonder if I will ever know it all... Haven't used bloombastic so I can't comment other than, if there was any chance of a K issue, it should have covered it. I always lower nutes by at least 50% when using boosters and I usually use half of the boosters recommended dosage as well, until I have the pros and cons of said booster worked out for the strain.

If it was mine, I would double check that temps are constant and appropriate. I would triple check for a light leak (I know, I know, sorry, not trying to sound like a broken record) and make sure light supporting equipment (controllers, timers, etc) are functioning properly. Then, I would cut that f**king foxtail off and see if it comes back.

Has bud growth seemed to slow or stop or is she packing on at a decent rate?

Congrats by the way. For a first grow, you could have had allot worse happen. The only other advice I see fit to give at the moment is, cut the booster. Your new, which is great and I know you want to give her everything you can. Keep it simple, learn the strain and the basics, then dabble in boosters, additives, etc. A hydro shop will sell you everything and anything, tell you it's the best, and tell you a story or two to prove it. Not saying that boosters and addi's are bad, I have a few favorites. However, on your first few grows, they may do more harm than good. I never run a booster the first time I run a strain and I have been doing this a long long time. I like to get to know her first. Once I see what she does, I then tailor a recipe specifically for her.

Top Bottom