Check this OUT! No more Ratchets!

• Thread starter GR33NL3AF
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Aladeen OG

Aladeen OG

100$ plus shipping???!?! thats like 22 ratchets!!!! but i guess raising the lights was never a "hard task" in the garden.... if you have experience opening house hold blinds.... i think youre considered an expert with light hangers. ha

and you even have to buy the fucking remote for 40$
thats 30 ratchets LOL.... taking advantage of people, 50 lb max, thats not even 2 raptors w bulbs..... or even like a 600 gavita would scare me on that. i can hang myself off my nylon ratchets
EDIT - and i also dont like the design, so it limits you ANOTHER 8 or so inches from the top, with most people only using two lights, they can be height challenged.... i guess im just not enthused..... but shit if this stuff sells im going to make a container out of black plastic, but wait for it, its going to have a drain hole on the bottom not just the sides.

innovator at work watch out! hahaha.

Last edited:
Skunkmasterflex

Skunkmasterflex

Premium Member
Supporter
Man I use those rubber straps with the s hooks on both side people use to strap down things in the back of trailers or truck beds lol. Iv always used the same things. Many friends use adjustable light hangers but many of my friends have had them fail and drop hoods. Iv never had a hood fall. Winning! Lol. But then again I don't adjust my hoods. Let us know how those new gigs work for you @GR33NL3AF

waayne

waayne

Ha ha ,personally when I look at that plastic hardware,and plastic lines
I see a major disaster waiting to happen.......
That unit looks more like a toy than a serious tool to me.......but then again,I could break a steel anvil with a rubber mallet......;)

sixstring

sixstring

Idk 50 lbs per winch is 100lbs per setup, I could hang 10 cooltubes on that safely ;) looks like you only lose a few inches, maybe 5? I like it for hard to reach spots which is half my room lol.

GR33NL3AF

GR33NL3AF

LOL, damn... This post had the opposite effect...

I think it would be perfect in gardens with large footprint hoods that make it hard to access the ratchets... Anyways, when I upgrade my lighting to DE i'll be using these!

Aladeen OG

Aladeen OG

Idk 50 lbs per winch is 100lbs per setup, I could hang 10 cooltubes on that safely ;) looks like you only lose a few inches, maybe 5? I like it for hard to reach spots which is half my room lol.
No the vid says 50lb Max per unit not per wench. They use 100lb cable (which is cheap as hell... Even the box says unit is 50lb) which tells you it's the plastic connectors that don't work. A raptor weighs what 35 lbs? Yeah a lil too close for comfort for that. If they were the same price as ratchets yeah, but why even bother automating raising lights? It's not like they go up and down on the daily, just a new product they want to make money on, but they haven't invented anything new.

Big ops would never go for a 50lb max hanger, cause when you rock a ton of lights chances are you already made a room pulley with real steel and done proper, lol.

baba G

baba G

bean sprouts are tasty
LOL, damn... This post had the opposite effect...

I think it would be perfect in gardens with large footprint hoods that make it hard to access the ratchets... Anyways, when I upgrade my lighting to DE i'll be using these!
Just never have had a hard time raising lights, chains are so much easier to adjust than the ratchets any day of the week for me. If it's packed I just move a plant and voila I have room for step stool and me to raise or lower lights. I only do it a few times a cycle. Plastic sucks!

baba G

baba G

bean sprouts are tasty
waayne

waayne

We're old school here.....
chain never fails,unlike the light raising gizmo's.......
Chain 0

slumdog80

slumdog80

Growitbest. c has them for 64$ per when you get 10+ and 68$ on singles. With beds it will make things much much easier.

Last edited:
baba G

baba G

bean sprouts are tasty
Alright so hear me out...remember back in the day when remotes starting piling up and it was the time before universal remotes and shit...lol
You had a tv remote, vcr/dvd remote, cable remote, stereo remote and if you didn' t have the same brand cd player as receiver you had 2 more remotes right there.

So, you got remote for your solis tek matrix bally, you got a remote for you sun winch, and you got bluetooth for you climate control and apps on your phone...I can only imagine more remotes coming out as Americans are just too lazy & fat to raise lights or check pH or much...lmao

Universal remote for growrooms, it will raise and lower your sun winch, change your r/h and temp settings, change ballast settings, and soon the irobot will do all physical plant maintenance.

Latest posts

Top Bottom