Cheese Breeding Project part VII

• Thread starter Kaliman
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
K

Kaliman

Hi all,

I have 13 Exodus#1 girls under 3 x 400w hps and which have been selectively pollinated leaving all the top cola's sensi whilst the rest has been thoroughly dusted and are all swelling up nicely with seeds.:happy

The genetics derive solely from the Exodus cheese clone and which I've been tinkering with these past 2 years. I had a very strange thing occur which was the spontaneous sexual reversal of a Cheese clone which when put into flower grew up as a 100% normal male and was used to dust sister Cheese clones.

This seed when grown out I discovered I'd actually gotten the Cheese into seed form, meaning it wasn't 'cheesy' but was in fact 'The Cheese' and it passed all blind taste tests with various growers I'm pleased to report.

But unfortunately I no longer have the male as I took 3 clones and put them in an aerocloner and sprayed them with water as they were still shedding pollen and unfortunately they got saturated and perished.:(

But I'm not too bothered as I'm confident these F2's I'm now producing will still express the allele for the Cheese chemotype/resin profile as I'm thinking that the plant that reversed will be a mirror image of it's sisters.

So...(Kaliman takes deep breath) if the Cheese allele is expressed as 'C' or 'c' as per a Mendelian punnet box then the hybrid condition is 'Cc' so F1 x F1 will give me...

25% CC, 50% Cc, 25% cc, a 1:2:1 ratio of 25% Homzygous dominant, 50% heterozygous, 25% homozygous recessive, so whilst unstable it will in fact produce progeny all expressing the Cheese allele.

Well that's my theory and have beta testing going on at the moment and although early days everybody is reporting Cheese/roadkill type smells from their F2's I'm pleased to report.

Due to the popularity of the Cheese I'm often asked for seeds or volunteer testers but as I say the tests are being done so please don't ask as it's strictly against board rules.

I have given away literally hundreds of packets of the Exodus#1 at UK hempfairs(yeah, I'm the feller causing all the free bean feeding frenzy's!) so I do see them popping up here and there on various boards and am getting some very good feedback, it's all good so far.

So a few pics, I'll post the latest and then back track a bit, ok?

So, my 13 girls, growroom shots and macro's, pics taken on a Nikon D60(with Eye-Fi wireless connection) with Sigma 70mm macro and dedicated ringflash.:star

Cheese breeding project part vii
Cheese breeding project part vii 2
Cheese breeding project part vii 3
Cheese breeding project part vii 4
Cheese breeding project part vii 5
Cheese breeding project part vii 6
Cheese breeding project part vii 7
Cheese breeding project part vii 8
Cheese breeding project part vii 9
Cheese breeding project part vii 10
Cheese breeding project part vii 11
Cheese breeding project part vii 12
Cheese breeding project part vii 13
Cheese breeding project part vii 14
Cheese breeding project part vii 15
Cheese breeding project part vii 16
Cheese breeding project part vii 17
Cheese breeding project part vii 18
Cheese breeding project part vii 19
xX Kid Twist Xx

xX Kid Twist Xx

Premium Member
Supporter
really nice macros bro. really great looking plants as well. do you plan on back crossing to the cheese?

K

Kaliman

Hi Kid Twist :happy

I've done multiple backcrosses on the Cheese with Skunk#1, I've cubed it and will further backcross twice just to observe outcomes but don't expect it to be different to the first backcross but I'll just hafta see?

It has 1 in 4 cheesy pheno's which have a citrus component rather than the fruitiness of the original clone.

DSC 0008
D

Dubsta

nice project, never ran the cheese cut and would love to at least run a cheese bx one day. i like the camera takes some bad ass photos

devious d

devious d

Loverly pics and great prodject, ive been growing exodus cheese for about 6 yrs now, various clones have become mothers, anyway the last crop flowered off my 5 mothers due to size,anyway having dried and cured set about smoking found one seed !!!??? Any way soaked and potted, didnt expect much but now at 2" high and very vigourous ,cant wait to see how this will turn out, female, male or hermi

K

KG Beans

very very nice mate!........ive never managed to get the original clone!

K

Kaliman

Glad you like chaps and here's a few hand held pics of the girls today, all nicely swelling with seed.

Time to get the tripod out as they are starting to look quite sexy methinks?

DSC 0003
DSC 0005
DSC 0008
DSC 0009
DSC 0012
DSC 0013
DSC 0016
DSC 0018
DSC 0019
DSC 0021 1
DSC 0022
DSC 0026
DSC 0027 1
DSC 0035
K

Kaliman

So glad you like JAHGYDI :sun2:

here's a few pics of the Exodus male that actually came from my Exodus Cheese clone mother and I'm smoking the bud at the moment produced by crossing that reversed plant with a sister clone.

The above bunch of pics is of an open pollination ( 6m x 13f) of those first progeny, but all the genes are derived from a single Cheese clone mother and are now in a normal male/female population so the F2 gene recombination's effects are of utmost interest to me but I've got F2 testers starting to say "glad I've got a Mountain Air" so early indicators are good.

DSC 0166
DSC 0152 1
DSC 0161
DSC 0162 1
DSC 0164
DSC 0165
devious d

devious d

hey Kaliman, thinking about it would be good if the bean turns out to be a male, between me and 2 pals weve always got a mother could end up in your position with some beans, just looking at your pics again those males leaves look really sativa?

devious d

devious d

One seed in exodus cheese

m_009.jpg
Well heres the pic of the one seed i got when flowering off 5 of my mothers all exodus ,weve been growing it for over 6 yrs no seeds ,just dank,stinky bud, well 24 hour soak straight in allmix and its outgrowing my herijuana,s and there flying, fat leaves at the moment :evilgrin0040:tho ??

K

Kaliman

Nice one devious d, that would have been a femmed bean from a nana I'da thought?

Leaves don't look like the clone mum as they are narrower as you well know.

Do keep me posted mate as I'd very much like to follow that plants progress.

Kaliman:sun2:

K

Kaliman

Not much to report, seeds maturing nicely at 32 days since pollination and here's few macro's I did today.:happy

DSC 0048
DSC 0049
DSC 0052 1
DSC 0054 1
DSC 0055
DSC 0056
DSC 0057
DSC 0063 1
DSC 0064
DSC 0085 1
DSC 0086 1
DSC 0089
DSC 0089 1
DSC 0090 1
DSC 0092 1
DSC 0095
K

Kaliman

Some of the girls have now had 6 weeks plus to mature their seeds and are starting to be chopped and hung to dry before collecting the seeds and making some ice hash and oil with the remaining de-seeded bud.:flower

DSC 0013
DSC 0023 1
DSC 0029
DSC 0032
DSC 0037
DSC 0039
DSC 0041
DSC 0045
DSC 0067
DSC 0073
DSC 0074
DSC 0088
DSC 0092
DSC 0094 1
DSC 0095
DSC 0096
DSC 0116
DSC 0117
DSC 0118
K

Kaliman

I've now started to de-seed the bud and was glad of help from friends but still loads to do.:(

DSC 0005 2
DSC 0008 1
DSC 0009
DSC 0001
DSC 0011
R

robz

Once again outstanding looking plants. Talked to you over on one of the other forums. How would I go about getting me some beans? I'd love to grow out some of that beautiful bud shoot me a PM.

K

Kaliman

Hi there robz and thanks for the kind words mate.:sun

I can't go handing out seeds via this forum, would love to but you know the rules mi bruddah?

However, they should be available after the tests are in at Breedbay, I know I've got 'The Cheese' but want independent confirmation and feedback first.

But the only confirmation I need is the phatty I'm burning atm, it's the Cheese alright and I still get dizzy at the thought I got it into seed form, something I thought not possible with outcrossing, which although correct I had fun trying and learning when doing that but this genetic strange but not so rare occurrence actually happened when it did is just such a massively coincidental thing?

DSC 0007
DSC 0011
DSC 0012
DSC 0017
DSC 0024
DSC 0028
DSC 0027
DSC 0030
DSC 0032
DSC 0040
DSC 0043
DSC 0048