Cheeseberry Haze and Hericules height issues

• Thread starter SSHZ
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

SSHZ

Hey fellow potheads: Be aware of some height issues with these strains from Sannie's Shop. First off, it's not a knock- I love Sannie and his beans quality. But oh my f*ckin god- they are monsters. I vegged them both for 26 days and were at about 20 inches. The Haze is now 6+ feet tall after exactly 3 weeks of flowering and I've had to bend a few of them. Out of 14 started, 8 are females. 6 are this tall, and two of them are alot shorter- maybe 3.5-4 feet. These better not grow much more or I'll be in real trouble.

The Hericules: It's feminized and I started 24- all made it. 20 are quite tall between 5 and 5 1/2 feet. Four are 3 feet tall- go figure. Too early to understand the different pheno's I'm dealing with.

So stay with K.O. Kush or Madonna if height is an issue. Anesthesia is also very short with a long veg needed. Can't say anything about his others since I haven't grown them (YET!).

:dance:dance:dance:dance:dance:dance:dance:dance:dance:dance:dance:dance:dance:dance:dance:dance:dance:dance

F

farmerjohn

Those indicas with sativa in them can stretch, can't they? And the phenos can be confusing. I've got two plants of Keymo that have run side by side since April 1st. They are both about ready for harvest & while they are similar in height, (both went from 18" to 4' during flowering) one insists on putting out very skinny leaves, both fan & bud! It looks like a pure sativa! The other has wider leaf fingers, like predominate indicas usually display. Out of 20, 4 are like the 1st & 16 like the latter. The buds are also about the same size, but the thin leaved ones trichome production is off the scale! They look like they are frozen & covered with ice! Even fan leaves are frosted from base to tip! I'll probably segregate those 4 at harvest & cure them out as Keymo Ice. They will have to look a bit different than the regs, which are bright green & covered completely with red hairs after drying/curing.

S

sannie

Cheeseberry haze and hericules can grow to nice proportions :happy
I love strong growing strains

greetz sannie

B

BeachBummed

im pretty sure im going with some fem seeds from sannie, just to do a little run along some non femmed.

i was looking at uberkush, and hericules... but if height is an issue im kinda stressin. i mean after all they will be under the same lights as KO's....

cant just super crop the shit out of them, top them tie them.... haha sannie can i get an opinion? i can only get about 54" high from floor to light. including pots.

stick with uberkush?? should i just try both so you know? hahah

S

SSHZ

Beach.... I would stay away from Hericules or Cheeseberry haze. If you want shorter plants, Madonna, Herijuana, Anesthesia K.O. Kush all stay alot shorter......

B

BeachBummed

well i mean i can handle about 4' total, but im just saying if i really wanted these IS IT POSSIBLE to train as much as possible and handle them?? or are they like herpes and just out of control hahahahahaha

sorry for that too good of an analogy....

cause i mean a just rooted clone tossed into flowering IS NOT going to get 6' tall you know what i mean?i

S

SSHZ

If you trim and train, you'll be fine with any of them......... Any plant can be kept short if done right. It's just some plants react better than others.

B

BeachBummed

Word for sure.

How did you like the hericules?? Taste stone ... How long did you let them go for?

S

SSHZ

My Hericules is at day 32 flowering. I expect to let them go til day 70. Just starting to fill out now and getting smellier too. Alot of different pheno's- most REALLY tall, a few really short. Tons of resin already so I know they will be killer........easy to gow so far.

The Joker

The Joker

Haze = sativa stretch.

I have low ceilings in my grow areas. For stretchy plants I go 12/12 from clone or SCROG.

You can also use bushmaster. 2ml per gallon for 3 days once your plants hit the desired height and all stretch stops. I'm going to grow Sannies Jack like that in a cab. No choice, but once a good female is found, clones in SCROG is the way to go.

B

BeachBummed

My old local dispensary used to use bushmaster and they stopped because of some possible cancer related chemicals??? Does anyone know anything about that?

The Joker

The Joker

That's complete rumor. Read the label, it's kelp derived. There was a product called Bushmaster that had some chemicals in it. Every few months someone will post an article on how all stretch blockers cause cancer without reading the individual labels to see if they contain that ingredient...
then people just repeat it as if it true.

Bushmaster: Contains non-plant food ingredients:
1.5% Ascophyllum nodosum (sea kelp)

A quick search pulls up a bunch of" even though it does not say it on the lable, I speculate it secretly has Paclobutrazol in it."with no basis but hunches and suspicion.

S

SSHZ

Well, I flowered at 20 inches and I thought I'd be ok............. 3 of them grew higher than the shield! I'll be tying them down tomorrow so not to get any burn. One of the pheno's is quite short- just shy of 4 ft. I'll be watching those closely for a possible keeper. Getting stinky in the room too- not sure if it's that or the Madonna's though.

B

BeachBummed

That's complete rumor. Read the label, it's kelp derived. There was a product called Bushmaster that had some chemicals in it. Every few months someone will post an article on how all stretch blockers cause cancer without reading the individual labels to see if they contain that ingredient...
then people just repeat it as if it true.

Bushmaster: Contains non-plant food ingredients:
1.5% Ascophyllum nodosum (sea kelp)

A quick search pulls up a bunch of" even though it does not say it on the lable, I speculate it secretly has Paclobutrazol in it."with no basis but hunches and suspicion.

i really appreciate you clearing that up man i honestly had no clue, but now im not scurrred haha.

SSSH you got a camera?? i really want to see! im making another sannie order today, and really just want to try the hericules so i know haha

S

SSHZ

Got a camera but it's not compatable with my new windows software....... They are tall, lot of different pheno's, will probably take all of 10 weeks to finish. Resin popping out already and smell is building. I'll top these next time to keep them under control!

B

BeachBummed

Got a camera but it's not compatable with my new windows software....... They are tall, lot of different pheno's, will probably take all of 10 weeks to finish. Resin popping out already and smell is building. I'll top these next time to keep them under control!

for sure..

sorry about asking so many questions.. i was just intrigued by the strand. mass yielding heri just sooo mouthwatering.

but so i have a sannie grow show thread im going to start once the beans arrive.

i'll be doing

ko again
uberkush fems
jackberry
herijuana
anesthesia

im just really down with sannies work.. haha.. and all my other beans come from a buddy who does his own work.... just got some more bullrider, chemdog, and blueberry crosses to try... pretty stoked to see what i'll have going on come fall!

(sorry for the mini jack... just wanted to let you know i didnt opt for the tall ones and took your advice. thanks mang)

S

SSHZ

Everythings cool...... would love to see the Jackberry and Uberkush, which I haven't grown.

xX Kid Twist Xx

xX Kid Twist Xx

Premium Member
Supporter
cant you down load a driver for it from the cameras website? hows the cheeseberry haze smelling?

S

SSHZ

Checked out their website a few weeks ago but the camera is an older model and they aren't doing updates on it anymore. But, because it's Kid Twist asking, I'll use my daughters camera anjd download them to ImageShack, then to here. Give me a day or so (tomorrow night). Regarding the smell, my wife is bitching like no tomorrow- the house in reaking!!!! We are having our kitchen redone- appliances today, countertops on Thurs.- and we're burning smelly candles in EVERY room on the 1st floor. And thats with Ozone/charcoal in the big room and charcoal filters in the smaller room. I've read comments in previous threads about the Cheeseberry Haze stinking- it does! I'm guessing it's the "cheese" genetics. But still pissed at the height of some of them. My own fault for not researching more. 1 plant at 3 ft, 1 at 3.5 ft, 1 at 4 ft, 2 at 6.5 ft and 1 at 7 ft. Remember, flowered at 18-20 inches (26 days veg). Don't exactly know what a "haze" smell is but this has a familar smell to the resin when rubbed. I've grown SSHZ, and a few other haze hybrids- but usually stay away because of height and final weight issues. This one is for my personal stock.........

K

kailiwela44

Cheeseberry haze is awesome. I did a low watt scrog (96w) t5 grow this past year. this strain is definately got the good genes. When i flipped to 12/12 after three weeks of veg, it topped itself on the screen and the two new tops went crazy. Smell is so nice, beautiful buds for such low wattage. I can't wait to grow this bad girl again. Love that haze feeling too.

Top Bottom