Cheesedog Grow Journal - 1st Time Medical

• Thread starter Chief Bigsmoke
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None

Day 41 - What do I feed for the remaining 20-30 days?

• 100% plain RO water

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 1 week of Molasses then RO

Votes: 2 100.0%
  • 2 weeks of Molasses then RO

• 1 week of light bloom nutes+molasses then RO

• Clearex Flush then RO

• 1 week of molasses then Clearex flush then RO

• 2 weeks of molasses then Clearex flush then RO

• 1 week of nutes+molasses then Clearex flush then RO

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
C

Chief Bigsmoke

Sept 15th Update

Today I have some good news and some bad news. I would like to leave today on a positive note so I will post the bad news first.

Today CD6 became my first hermie plant. Now I have read that stressing certain strains in particular Chem strains have a tendency to herm if they are stressed. Now my environment has been pretty sweet so far but I know what may have caused it.

When I was training the young Cheesedogs I had broken the stem of CD6. Now it healed but I think that may have been enough stress to produce the male pollen sacks.

I found 2 male sacs on the very bottom branches. So I removed the bottom 2 sets of branches.

Should I leave this plant in the room? Is it worth it?

All the photos are of CD6. A decent looking yielder. chem leaning pheno. Heavy feeder. treated transgender plant.

Sept 15 001
Sept 15 002
Sept 15 003
C

Chief Bigsmoke

Now for the GOOD news

Now for some good news. All of the plants are producing lots of resin and trichomes. The Cheese phenos have lots of big fat disc cells on the trichs and the Chem phenos a tiny bit smaller ones.

* You can also see the new opening in the canopy of CD3 where I accidentally ripped off a bud. :P

Sept 15 004
Sept 15 005
Sept 15 006
Sept 15 007
Sept 15 008
Sept 15 009
Sept 15 010
Sept 15 011
C

Chief Bigsmoke

Veg Tent Update

Photo 1: Cheesedog moms = CD3 and CD7
Photo 2: CD3 Cheesedog Clone taking from CD3 mom
Photo 3: Grandaddy Haze 1
Photo 4: GH2 - Secondary leaves appear more indica than the other two phenos
Photo 5: GH3
Photo 6: Foliar sprayed with a mineral spray called Thalassa Tonic

Product Details:
Thalassa Earth Tonic is a biodynamically enhanced sea mineral concentrate containing literally all Earth-bound elements. This results in over 90 elements for your plants to choose from rather than the 17 elements in most hydroponic nutrients.

Think of Earth Tonic as biological minerals, like a tool kit for life. The ingredients include Gulf Stream ocean water, Himalayan crystal salt, colloidal clay, nettle's tea, and the biodynamic preperations BD500-508. The ingredients are prepared and potentized in proprietary ways. The result of this alchemical summit isover 90 naturally occuring elements, humic acids, naturally occuring vitamins, and primary metabolic compounds unique to the properties of the specific plants and herbs contained within.

Sept 16 001
Sept 16 002
Sept 16 003
Sept 16 004
Sept 16 006
Sept 16 007
C

Chief Bigsmoke

Sept 16th Update

Day 26 of 12/12

I replaced the yeast, sugar and water mixtures. 2x milk jugs and 1x 2 L bottle. I also treated all the plants with a quick spray of the Thalassa Tonic foliar spray. I haven't watered in a couple days, just to make sure I give the soil a chance to really dry out.

No real noticeable plant changes. Perhaps a little more glandular trichome coverage. Overall chill day inside and out.

Much love,

Chief

CD4
CD11
Sept16x2 002
Sept16x2 003
Sept16x2 005
C

Chief Bigsmoke

Thanks to you the readers

I notice a whole lot of people stopping by with not too many replies. Feel free to add me as a friend or support the journal by adding to my reputation.

Thanks again for following along...

:friday:

C

Chief Bigsmoke

Uvb

after watching a great youtube video called " THC, UVB and Me " I was inspired to go out and buy a uvb bulb. Check out the link for more info. It 100% makes sense. MM is a king.

I expect to have the bulbs on for 7-8 hour periods. Always turning it off while working in the room for safety. Trying to replicate the strong afternoon sun, without pushing too much UVB and heat into my room.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lfiI78uN3Ks

Thanks for tuning in,

Chief

Sept 17 010
Sept 17 011
Sept 17 013
C

Chief Bigsmoke

Ooops

I messed up this morning. I forgot that I plugged the uvb into an untimed outlet and my lights were left on 1.5 hrs into my dark period. damn. So to compensate, I pushed my on time today back 1.5 hrs so my girls have 12 hrs of uninterrupted night. Hopefully I don't stress them too much. What a rookie mistake...

Much love,

C

C

Chief Bigsmoke

Photo update

Crystals castles everywhere... CD6 the plant that was intersex developed some more little nanners so I cut down the plant and removed it from production. Just didn't want to take the risk. I want to do the best that I can for my first time.

Even the very bottom branches of CD3 are producing heavy flowers. The last two photos are of the Tahoe OG's.

Enjoy,

Chief

Sept 19th 001
Sept 19th 003
Sept 19th 004
Sept 19th 005
Sept 19th 007
Sept 19th 009
Sept 19th 010
Sept 19th 013
Sept 19th 008
cannarado

cannarado

Premium Member
Supporter
Well at least with the light change youll find any hermie prone phenos. Good thing to cull that one hermie plant you have going b/c it obviously has a strong hermie trait in there. Nugs look good. Keep it up!

C

Chief Bigsmoke

Thanks

Well at least with the light change youll find any hermie prone phenos. Good thing to cull that one hermie plant you have going b/c it obviously has a strong hermie trait in there. Nugs look good. Keep it up!

Thanks Cannarado!Very true. At least I "tested" the phenos. :P Thanks for the words of support. Everything is moving very smoothly. I also just ordered some Strawberry Alien Kush and some Fire OG seeds to add to my collection. Things are looking up... way up. :)

Thanks again,

Chief

C

Chief Bigsmoke

Photo Update

Day 31 of 12/12 Cheesedogs

Note: I have noticed an increase in glandular trichome production after adding the UVB bulb. Whether that's a coincidence or not will have to be tested further. Enjoy.

Sept 20th 001
Sept 20th 003
Sept 20th 005
Sept 20th 006
Sept 20th 008
Sept 20th 009
Sept 20th 010
Z

zonama

Hey Chief been wanting to see these goin for a while now, they're looking great. Not as much stretch as I thought they would have, and your freakin killin it with some great info on your processes, your bringing some good things to the table . Nice approach. Keep us updated how the smells evolve. Peace

C

Chief Bigsmoke

Thanks

Hey Chief been wanting to see these goin for a while now, they're looking great. Not as much stretch as I thought they would have, and your freakin killin it with some great info on your processes, your bringing some good things to the table . Nice approach. Keep us updated how the smells evolve. Peace

The bushmaster application really halted all vertical growth. Pretty impressed with the product. Might cut down on yield though, if applied to heavy I think.

Thanks for your support zonama! much love

C

Chief Bigsmoke

Using sound to stimulate plant growth

Someone in my horticulture class has introduced me to this audio frequencies and how they affect plant growth and hormones etc.

Here is some info and a link to the download:

"The Royal Philharmonic Orchestra has performed its most unusual recital yet
- to a packed auditorium of over 100 plants!

Classical music, and the vibrations of sound waves, is thought to help plants grow by stimulating their production of protein.

So, to celebrate the launch of QVC's gardening season we commissioned the Royal Philharmonic Orchestra to record its first ever classical album for plants to grow to which you can now download and play.

The Royal Philharmonic Orchestra conductor, Benjamin Pope says, "We've played some unusual recitals before but this has to be the strangest. The audience was the most fragrant we'd ever played to... hopefully the sound of classical music will result in a genuine growth spurt over the spring months".

Our own gardening expert Richard Jackson states that, "There is a big debate on whether music can actually stimulate better plant growth but hopefully the release of our classical soundtrack will put that theory to the test!"

Test the theory yourself by playing and downloading this special album - The Flora Seasons: Music to Grow to (downloads as a .zip file). Plus, watch the clip of the Royal Philharmonic Orchestra playing these new classical tracks to an audience of over 100 plants!"

http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/view.2/app.html/params.file.|musictogrowto,html

Video Link:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E2mezHthquk&feature=player_embedded

Anyone know of any other sound files? I am trying to downlaod a file called SONI-GROW from isohunt but I am unsuccessful so far.

Thanks for your help!

C

Chief Bigsmoke

Question about veg time

Anyone have any ideas on how long I should veg the Grandaddy Haze's? I know they won't be a high yielder so I'm not too concerned about yield. I'm more concerned about height. I expect to bend and train them a bit. Starting in the next few days. Plus I have 8 more seeds to grow and try other methods.

Genetics Grandaddy Purps X Super Silver Sour Diesel Haze (SSSDH)

Thanks for all your help!

C

Chief Bigsmoke

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E2mez...layer_embedded

Man that's really cool, and kinda funny seeing plants in the front row getting the royal treatment from the philharmonic.
I've heard that audio vibrations make for happier plants. Fun experiment.

Plus it adds a nice ambiance to the room. :) I've heard that there are frequencies that can control the opening and closing of stomata and can activate certain body functions. It's like that experiment with ice crystals when calm music and nice words were said to it, the crystal formed in beautiful thick patterns and the opposite happens when bad vibrations are introduced.

The beautiful mysteries of life....

:spacecraft:
Very interesting stuff.

C

Chief Bigsmoke

When to apply bushmaster?

The bushmaster application really halted all vertical growth. Pretty impressed with the product. Might cut down on yield though, if applied to heavy I think.

It's worth adding that the Tahoe's were not as affected by the Bushmaster application. I believe the optimal time to apply would be after the first signs of pre-flowers. This seems like a very fast acting agent. Too stressful for young vegging plants. That may have accounted for my 50/50 male/female ratio. Or it all can be a big coincidence. This is too soon in my first attempt at growing to make any firm judgments. Plus growing from seed is very complex when you are looking for the cream of the crop to pass on the plant (s) genetic essence.

The fun is in the learning.

C

Chief Bigsmoke

Grandaddy Haze Update

Here are some new photos of my young Grandaddy Haze's. Anyone know how long I should Veg these girls for? I wanted to flip them as soon as possible without drastically effecting overall yield. Yield isn't my biggest concern. I'm more about quality over quantity, but I don't want to shaft myself.

Thanks for you help,

Chief

PS It is too early to tell, but it seems like I might also have all three of the phenos. GH1= Sour D pheno, GH2= Grandaddy Purps pheno and GH3= Super Sour Diesel Haze pheno

Sept 22 009
Sept 22 010
Sept 22 011
C

Chief Bigsmoke

Cheesedog Photo Update

Day 32 of 12/12 * I made a mistake 2 days ago when I said it was day 31. It was actually day 30.

The girls are loving their new music and added UVB. I fed them some fertilizer. The whole line of General Organics vegan line (recipe for this stage of growth) as well as some Hygrozyme, Bud Candy and Drip Clean. I top dressed with some kelp meal and a bit of high nitrogen bat guano. Only a bit since we are soon approaching harvest. Sometime before Halloween.

The last photo is one of the Tahoe's. Which is now starting to get all sexually frustrated and is beginning to swell up nicely.

:sun2:

Sept20cheesedogs 002
Sept20cheesedogs 003
Sept20cheesedogs 004
Sept20cheesedogs 006
Sept20cheesedogs 007
Sept20cheesedogs 009
Sept20cheesedogs 013
Sept20cheesedogs 014
Sept20cheesedogs 008
Top Bottom