Chem Talk

• Thread starter Krypto
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
dire wolf

dire wolf

I dont know the true story because those guys want to take credit but we could get diesel in jersey before anyone heard of weasel or aj.

The “hood” had haze or “piff” then it had diesel. And the bikers brought both. Just like the real skunk.

I think none of those guys were originally involved. Even chemdog only has a story. He isnt even a breeder. I think many different plants are introduced and once popular the breeders start calling their plant the popular name.

Just like OG kush started in florida and California at the same time.
Was it called " diesel " ? in jersey........

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Hey MIM , could be true, what you are suggesting , i've been around the weed scene for a long time , i never met weasel , but i know a lot of the east coast guys at the time the diesels became a phenomenon , i feel like i already had that skunky sour plant years before it offically hit the scene ,

And the plant i held , was just an example of what i considered the complete version of the sour diesel from around 96,

Though the city (new york city ) had a homogenous diesel , it was ( is) distinct
I just dont know exactly who was the first to cultivate or " breed" it , i do know it was before AJ put his name on it ......

Anyway , it like roadkill skunk is one of the most enjoyable unique bud ive come across...

The skunk in the early 80’s was more a sativa apparently (i didnt know the difference back then) it had huge buds we called “fronds” lol and more of a sick too rotten flowery skunky aroma. Super strong like the stories. We got busted in school for a tiny roach triple sealed in baggies and celophane. My buddy stunk like mad with that in his pocket.

The 90’s skunk I could get was more like a roadkill skunk. And had a denser bud structure.

Both had an all encompassing head and body high that could make you laugh and laugh like you were actually tripping.

dire wolf

dire wolf

The skunk in the early 80’s was more a sativa apparently (i didnt know the difference back then) it had huge buds we called “fronds” lol and more of a sick too rotten flowery skunky aroma. Super strong like the stories. We got busted in school for a tiny roach triple sealed in baggies and celophane. My buddy stunk like mad with that in his pocket.

The 90’s skunk I could get was more like a roadkill skunk. And had a denser bud structure.

Both had an all encompassing head and body high that could make you laugh and laugh like you were actually tripping.
Yep, i know that story well...
There was always uncontrolable laughing

dire wolf

dire wolf

Even adam dunn from thseeds , when asked where he got the diesel cut which is the backbone of many of his strains , he gives a uncertain source that seems as sketchy to him as it does to his listening audience....

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Even adam dunn from thseeds , when asked where he got the diesel cut which is the backbone of many of his strains , he gives a uncertain source that seems as sketchy to him as it does to his listening audience....

Just checked out thseeds site. He has feminized MK Ultra. OG Kush x G13. Wonder if its original genetics? Im sure they have rejuvinated with seeds after all these years.

dire wolf

dire wolf

Just checked out thseeds site. He has feminized MK Ultra. OG Kush x G13. Wonder if its original genetics? Im sure they have rejuvinated with seeds after all these years.
Yea i grew out some mk 15 years ago , forgot where i got em , i'll check out my little seed safe and see if i still have the bags ....

CareStaker

CareStaker

Good banter. Diesel was attributed to Weasel, who grew in W. Mass, and while I can't confirm he created it, I believe he did. You'd have to ask SkVa about that, as he supplied the 86 MSS from Sensi stock, in trade for the 91. SkVa - I'd believe at his word, and recall him confirming this. Sour was born shortly after, 1992 is as best as I can remember, from seeds found in Diesel buds. At least two cuts were going around, more than one seed was grown. One was kept by the Dead kids from NY, and one was kept by Phish kids in MA. The Phish cut was the real deal, and the NY kids traded for it. Once in NY, it was sold by bicycle messenger for big dollars, and the rest is ...

What I can tell you without question is that Weasel, in his own words, admitted to having nothing to do with accidentally creating ECSD, in several posts on all the old boards - IC Mag, and Overgr0w etc. AJ, and all the guys in NY had nothing to do with any breeding at all. They were just retail and propagation. Over the years, a couple of them have tried their hand it, and now they say they invented everything.

AJ's cut isn't the same as ECSD, not even close. The cut of Sour I have, is directly from someone who you'd all recognize, and it does purple at the end, if you grow it right, and let it run 78 days. So does Original Diesel.

Original Diesel at chop 69 days. 68-78F throughout flower, variable RH.
IMG 8169
DSC 0948

J

Jimmyboyy

Good banter. Diesel was attributed to Weasel, who grew in W. Mass, and while I can't confirm he created it, I believe he did. You'd have to ask SkVa about that, as he supplied the 86 MSS from Sensi stock, in trade for the 91. SkVa - I'd believe at his word, and recall him confirming this. Sour was born shortly after, 1992 is as best as I can remember, from seeds found in Diesel buds. At least two cuts were going around, more than one seed was grown. One was kept by the Dead kids from NY, and one was kept by Phish kids in MA. The Phish cut was the real deal, and the NY kids traded for it. Once in NY, it was sold by bicycle messenger for big dollars, and the rest is ...

What I can tell you without question is that Weasel, in his own words, admitted to having nothing to do with accidentally creating ECSD, in several posts on all the old boards - IC Mag, and Overgr0w etc. AJ, and all the guys in NY had nothing to do with any breeding at all. They were just retail and propagation. Over the years, a couple of them have tried their hand it, and now they say they invented everything.

AJ's cut isn't the same as ECSD, not even close. The cut of Sour I have, is directly from someone who you'd all recognize, and it does purple at the end, if you grow it right, and let it run 78 days. So does Original Diesel.

Original Diesel at chop 69 days. 68-78F throughout flower, variable RH. View attachment 982376View attachment 982375
How is your OD smelling?

Top Bottom