gether with ammonia, nitrate, nitrite, nitrogen, and other nitroge-
nous compounds (Hutchinson, 1957). Minor constituents are iodine,
bromine, boron, iron, alumina, and silica. Dust particles are added
locally. The sources of these constituents are the oceans, fresh water
and saline lakes, landmasses, vegetation, manmade industries, and
volcanic emanations."

way2green

way2green

I like the post and find it interesting. My problem with rainwater is I live very Close to the coast. I have never had analysis conducted on my rainwater but it stands to reason that is full of sodium since everything that isn't stainless steel rusts in a matter of months outdoors. Grills, chairs, tables, etc.

caveman4.20

caveman4.20

"Interesting ...I'm uh go read and come back" but before reading I think lightning storm rain is best because of electrolysis and available oxygen in electrocuted water compared to no charge water :cigar:

Last edited:
Mr_GreenGenes

Mr_GreenGenes

Always loved using rainwater back home...the plants absolutely loved it! Nice article M8. MGG

way2green

way2green

Itll give u time to come up with a prolific thought for me to sleep on

caveman4.20

caveman4.20

I like the post and find it interesting. My problem with rainwater is I live very Close to the coast. I have never had analysis conducted on my rainwater but it stands to reason that is full of sodium since everything that isn't stainless steel rusts in a matter of months outdoors. Grills, chairs, tables, etc.
A lot of lightning in your rain water I bet ?

geologic

geologic

Old Pharmer
Supporter

Here's one from 2004: Rainwater Chemistry Across The United States

http://people.carleton.edu/~bhaileab/EnvironmentalGeology/RainWater.pdf

"We found that all 51 samples of rainwater contained chloride, ranging from .12 mg/L in Bloomington IN to 4.21 mg/L in Kurtistown, HI. samples taken along the East and West Coast tended to have higher concentrations of chloride than samples from the interior of the country."

RainTooA

Hawaii, of course has the highest concentrations;
them folks over in the Outdoor Hawaii thread--
don't seem to have any problems with chloride...

way2green

way2green

Here's one from 2004: Rainwater Chemistry Across The United States

http://people.carleton.edu/~bhaileab/EnvironmentalGeology/RainWater.pdf

"We found that all 51 samples of rainwater contained chloride, ranging from .12 mg/L in Bloomington IN to 4.21 mg/L in Kurtistown, HI. samples taken along the East and West Coast tended to have higher concentrations of chloride than samples from the interior of the country."

View attachment 425457

Hawaii, of course has the highest concentrations;
them folks over in the Outdoor Hawaii thread--
don't seem to have any problems with chloride...
Considering how toxic the planet is getting
Oh ya damn schrooms prolly love rainwater too.......ooooh rainwater and psilocybin compost for my next year's outdoor :wtf:
I will smoke to that

frebo

frebo

We just had a thunderstorm and my storm drain system just collected a nice bat guano tea with fresh guano floating on top. I live in a bat house and the roof collects a lot of guano. I usually pour it on my compost pile because I assume that it is too "hot" to water with. Any comments ?

caveman4.20

caveman4.20

We just had a thunderstorm and my storm drain system just collected a nice bat guano tea with fresh guano floating on top. I live in a bat house and the roof collects a lot of guano. I usually pour it on my compost pile because I assume that it is too "hot" to water with. Any comments ?
Brew it up dilute then water on one and maybe dilute and foliar on one if your in veg

caveman4.20

caveman4.20

I'm sure your compost loves it also

Top Bottom