Children and pot growing...

• Thread starter aotearoa-farmer
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
A

aotearoa-farmer

I want to get peoples opinions on children and growing pot... My 7 year old is hell bent on wanting to help me and im unsure if this is a good thing moraly or what...

C

cheyenne

I see no moral issue with it, but frankly from a security, respect of personal freedoms standpoint, id not even be growing w/ children in the house; maybe if its a legit med project, but damn if kids aint yappy.

j wizzle

j wizzle

no moral issue at all. its a plant, laws are messed up, not your morals. ton of immoral laws out there.

B

bannana man

its just a plant .but dont wont her saying daddys has trees growing in the house upstairs with big lights like a mates kid did ..ill let my kids help but then they would help with veggies fruit trees the lot ..i would not let them in a indoor growroom just for security

its just a plant

JayBee

JayBee

International Toker
Supporter
the good thing about letting kids help with there little fingers they can reach those hard to trim branches. also they make good sheild if acid gets spilled.

seriously though, if you live in usa or another country where it is illegal it is a bad idea. especially in usa where they can take your kids. if you have to ask whether or not it is a good idea then good chance it isn't.

just my opinion, i could be wrong.

JayBee

A

aotearoa-farmer

Hey thanx for the opinions there ae.. Its just a plant yet we are'nt able to grow it "why dad" he says.. Its dam crazy! Im unsure of the current laws here but maybe its time to say "they all died" and do it on the sly

R

Rudedude

One of the first things that will happen if you gey busted will be the cops will get in touch with DSS and the cops will use custody to try and get you to snitch. I never even smoked pot in front of my daughter until her wedding day when we smoked a joint. To me growers with kids in the house are a security risk simply because faced with the loss of their children most parents will say or do anything and letting your children know that you grow only magnifies that risk. It is only a plant that should be legal for adult use and cultivation but it isn't legal and the authorities will use whatever leverage they can to turn you.

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
I have mixed feelings as my Grandmother gave me My first MJ plant for me to care for in the garden at 6 years old. Still with the schools trying to make kids turn in there parents like nazi did in Germany and knowing how kids talk without thinking first I`d say it`s a bad idea these days.Social Services could take your kids from you and even though I`ve been a foster parent I can tell you most foster homes are not a good place for kids even in the short term.I just can`t see courts taking kids away for parents growing/using MJ but they do even in Cali sometimes.

A

aotearoa-farmer

Oh and i also have strawberrys in with my girls... lol As it is a hobbie and not a commercial op. I think that too is why he wants to help cos he gets them all haha. I have explained to him the implications should things get out and Im pretty certain he understands... But I def hear what people are saying abouth the security side of things and its prob just not worth taking the risk

devious d

devious d

i grow in a house with three kids, and yes me and there mother explained to them ,i agree there not stupid, mine are teens now and some of there pals smoke weed , but weve explained security to them you have to or they can speak without knowing the consequences to the family, if i had the choice id grow elsewhere but i dont, its grow or pay £20 for 2g its no choice if there your kids have faith in how you've educated them.:rasta:

A

aotearoa-farmer

Hey thanks for the positive spin on it devious d... I do believe he has been educated in a way where he decides for himself what he wants to.. but, with an understanding of both the negitive and positive consequences of that decesion.

S

slimjoint

As far as morals go, i dont see whats different between helping pick tomatoes or buds.
But kids like to brag alot, unless hes at a age where he can really understand whats going on.I say wiat till hes older, or work with some other plant.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I want to get peoples opinions on children and growing pot... My 7 year old is hell bent on wanting to help me and im unsure if this is a good thing moraly or what...
I have my granddaughter help me (she's 2 1/2yo), though she's not allowed near the chemicals, only the organic stuff. She'll play with the leaves as I clean up moms, she has a thing for natural things (stuff like leaves, flowers, pinecones... I can't explain her thing with pinecones). I see no more of a moral issue with this than I do with a child helping a parent make beer or wine, or even having a little drink of such now and again.

This is your opportunity to talk about how people do things responsibly, as well as how people play (imbibe) responsibly, and how that is an adult endeavor. This is also your opportunity to beat your school district to the D.A.R.E. punch (if you're in the US) and talk to your kids about these things yourself.

beezleb878

beezleb878

I would ask yourself this question. Is it worth it? With laws being so different from location to location. I have seen in Washington State about 1 year ago where merely the accusation of drug "weed" use was enough for a "Judge" to keep a mother from getting her son back after she completed a trade school.

A believed to be long term family friend/care taker stole the kid in a legal way. The mother has never been in any trouble in her life. Went to school instead of going on welfare after she and her man separated and was literally punished for it. Even told she was selfish by the judge and not even allowed to see the kid unless it was supervised.

Not saying it will happen to you but understand in family court, its kangaroo standards. So if their is a risk where you live, is it worth it? Only you can answer that.

Also, I would not expect a child to hold the same principals and values an adult who made the choice to do what they do. As stated, kids will sometimes speak at bad times and in bad places but that is only part of the story. Growing up, every kid I knew who parents sold stole from them and a few times they helped arrange for the storage to be stole. I personally would not let anyone who did not need to know, know.

sky high

sky high

I agree with Seamaiden. Use the entire scenario (legality, morality inflicted by others, medical benefits/cancer research, etc) to educate your kids about cannabis as a whole.

IMO, 7 is too young to FULLY understand the implications of the law, and things spoken innocently in the wrong venue can come back to harm/cause trouble. However, there are great lessons to be learned here that can apply to many other aspects in life. Instilling honesty and trust now will benefit you greatly when your kids hit their teen years.

Just remember this: If you want their honesty you must be able to absord what they are saying and you must be cautious in your reactions to that honesty. Listen and learn.... there's plenty of time for redirection at a later place and time.

s h

E

edux10

lol, letting your kids help you make beer/wine. Where does it stop? do you follow mans laws? or drug classes? is it ok to have a child help you make opium? what about mdma? its a 'soft drug'.

For me its weird. I feel like i would be down to let my kids see and be around outdoor plants but keep them away from the indoor, i guess becasue it seems like something odd and the outdoor seems natural.

I would not want my kids helping me make beer tho, and really i want to keep pot smoking and use out of their face and let them make their own decision, at the same time tho i would never over shelter them or give them any misinformation.

R

Rysam

I do my thing in my house with 2 kids, but only what cali allows and NO more. I have wanted to grow for many many years but with little kids and no recommendation, it wasn't gonna happen. Im fully legit now.

My kids know that dad has some plants in the closet in the garage but thats about it for my indoor. They do see all my outdoor goodness and as far as they are concerned they are just herbs ( They asked and it caught me off guard, so I blurted "herbs"). when they get a bit older (6 & 8 now) I'll fully explain it to them and put them to work, but for now they can be happy just thinking dad grows lots of herbs.

I don't smoke right in front of them either, I dont want them to have that idea yet.. they do know the smell well though..

T

the Rock

I dont let my kids anywhere near my growrooms,they tend to talk to much about things.The less PEOPLE know the better' The only people who know are my wife and the few I sell it to or bprovide to

B

Bud Farmer

My kids are allowed to help with such things as taking clones and repotting. They love it and have learned a ton of valuable info about science and nature. I grow more than cannabis, they help with it all and love it!
Where I draw the line is, when the cannabis start producing trichomes. At that point it's a look, smell but don't touch kind of thing. They understand that it's a medicine at that point and ALL medicine is off limits to them!
For what it's worth, my kids are still young and I'm a California card holder.
When it comes to sex education and "drugs" I'll be the provider of info. Not the U.S school system!

Agree or disagree that's my opinion!

Top Bottom