Choosing A Male To Breed

• Thread starter robowns
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
robowns

robowns

Hello! I currently have a a small breeding project I’m working on. I’m crossing Moloki Frost X Ultra pink cbd to hopefully in the end get a 2:1 cbd thc ratio strain and I’m mainly focused on the smell of the end product. My question is I have 1 male with great structure and no smell and 1 male with ok structure but a good smell, if I use the no smell male will the female pass on the majority of her smell to the offspring or will I have to grow out both offspring and see?

Last edited:
Greenjourneyman

Greenjourneyman

I’m not an expert but I do know that smell and potency terpenes are different. You’re looking at two different genenotypes along with the phenotypes of structure / smell.
you will have to grow out the offspring to see what is carried through the generation.

robowns

robowns

I’m not an expert but I do know that smell and potency terpenes are different. You’re looking at two different genenotypes along with the phenotypes of structure / smell.
you will have to grow out the offspring to see what is carried through the generation.
I figured, guess I’ll be running a lot more plants next run than planned 👍🏽. You think I could get an accurate representation of the genos/phenos if I run in 1 gallon or 1/2g pots? I’d don’t wanna be limiting myself on choices In the F1 generation

robowns

robowns

Also thinking I’m gonna have to do some sort of bottom watering technique because the thought of watering 40+ plants individually in a 4x4 sounds awful. Won’t let me post pics or I’d show the respected mother/fathers.

Top Bottom