choosing an sfv og male

• Thread starter sanvanalona
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
sanvanalona

sanvanalona

My seeds of the sfv, tahoe, and larry og are finally starting to show pre-flowers, and I was curious about choosing the right pheno of male to cross with. So any tips out there from you fellow breeders on choosing a male, do you choose them early or let them fully flower as you would with picking a female pheno? I have an SFV at the moment that is huge, and grew faster and bushier than everything else, and actually stinks right now. I also have a smaller male of the sfv, doesn't stink as much but still looks great. They have both just shown preflowers.

S

Swerve

take a clone way before you flower to amke sure it doesnt flower. as once a dude flowers its over from there... i look for structure similar to the sfv cut. and then i follow that by stentch i am looking for the lemon pledge smell from him and he has to wreeek. not subtle smell but full out wreeeking... then i look for the tricks on the balls... and the yeild frrom him...

K

KUSHIEKUSH

Good tips swerve I'm all ears. What do you think of those male og raskals would they be pure og or would the still have afghany genes somewere in there?? I'm using one of those fire males to pollinate some tahoe and larry and some bubba and a couple more strains just 2 see the good that comes out. U should just hook me up with some of your svf male pollen.lol. I'm just messing with ya.

S

Swerve

well in technical retrospect yes there is still a very very small amount of affy in their dna. but its a ressesive gene.. meaning it will have to be a perfect storm for it to come out... as the og genes are way overpowering to it...but it is possible in the right amount of seeeds run... but almost all of my babies from these seeeds how shown pretty much full out og traits.. with very very few showing any if at all affy traits... the raskal bx1 and the tahoe bx1 and the larry bx1 will be just pure fire though as the males from their lines are just awsome to use...

sanvanalona

sanvanalona

Thanks man, it totally smells like lemon pledge. Here is another question for you, when you do breed do you just let some clones chill with the male and flower, or do you isolate the male and collect the pollen. I am so excited to created some new strains with the sfv male, I have a few clone only strains that have been in my area for some time and am anxious to see how the cross is, not to mention crossing it with the purps and the true sour d which I have had for years. Thanks for any and all info and for making this possible!

S

Swerve

when i pollenate i do full out pollenations. the male him and his cloned counterparts veg ad flower with the females...

R

Rolln J

did I read that right... you cant get cuts to root from a male once his balls drop?

thats good info bro - never made seeds (on purpose any - lol)

Venom818

Venom818

Shit this is some good info I was wondering the same thing I like to make atleast a couple of seeds for myself just to make sure i dont lose the genetics.I have all your og's swerve would u say im going to find the best male in the sfv bx2.
THANK YOU SWERVE

S

Swerve

no you can root them but i have never ever had luck getting a male to survive once he flowers..once he flowers as far as my attempts they dont really reveg like the females do...so i keep clones in veg and keep taking cuts from him and using them...this is why people store pollen ...trust me you can make a lot of pollen from some of these studs.. they yeild as well as the ladies....i would say yes you can find some real studs and chicks in the bx2.

R

Rolln J

oh yeah duh - that makes sense - I cant believe you had to splain that to me lol - I would just freeze the pollen more then likely anyhow - love the idea of just pollinating a few bottom branches here and there...

thx swerve!

F

FOXYbombOG

rollnj, you had me craking up with your response, lmao!! i know some times reading others words it doesnt always sink in right away, lol lol and also 2 ur defense ur prolly stoned. thanks for the laugh rolln, swerve awesome advice! peace

sanvanalona

sanvanalona

O.k. so the selection has been made. I had one sfv that's vigor was out of control, but it does not have the smell that the other sfv and tahoe have. I am saving those two, along with a very old male found in some saved canadian seeds, that were gifted by some people who really knew/know whats up. The Canadian is bushy as all hell and extremely piney......the females lineup to get crossed looks as such: Cotton Candy, Pineapple Kush, Purple Erkle, Sour D, Tahoe OG, Cinderella 99, Grunk (Grape Ape + Skunk #1), purple erkle+super silver haze, and an unknown strain referred to as the Bozeman Kush. All of these are stellar in their own way and I am interested to see what the og will do with them. I am also going to make some S1's of Cotton Candy and Pineapple Kush due to some good advice, thanks chinkeyes. The pineapple is the fastest strain I have personally seen, 42-47 days in flower. The cotton candy is the biggest yielding strain I have ever seen. I will probably do it to the skunkier pheno of grunk too.

Top Bottom