Choosing Genetics. Help Appreciated!

• Thread starter baklava
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
baklava

baklava

I'm looking to extend my genetics. I am hoping for some advice choosing good genetics since what i can understand, my slim knowledge is a bit outdated.

I love Blueberry & Super Silver Haze. Cinderella 99 & White Widow are also nice.

The strains have to yield well.

Thank you! :)

Bulldog11

Bulldog11

lol @Limonene. I'd hate to give some inferior options.......:D

@baklava What kind of growing are you interested in? Outdoor, indoor? Your strain choices are as dated as wall paper, lol. Those were big about 10 years ago, still great strains. The SilverMountain Limonene speaks of is certainly some fire. I have out several packs of seeds from Bodhi's Silver Mountain and I have found two strong pheno's. One mango flavor, and another I call the trainwreck pheno because it smells like trainwreck. The mango is the lighter yielder, and milder high, but awesome nose and bag apeal. The trainwreck pheno has large buds, and great yields of what I consider top tier cannabis.

Haven't tried any of Bodhi's blueberry crosses but I hear great things.

If your into that old school piney bud like the widow can produce, then try out Goji Og, and/or Apalician thunder fuck from Bodhi as well. SunShineDayDream is amazing as well from Bodhi.

Bodhi seeds are a great place to start.

Limonene

Limonene

@Bulldog11 is wise and also has a great avatar. Heed his words. Especially the sunshine daydream part. One of my faves from the last 2 years. check out some journals then go snag a pack from GLG....

click80

click80

Dumpster Dive OG has made a few appearances in SW Colorado. Supposed to be a remnant of old Ohio Dumpster. Absolutely off the wall easy to grow, low nute hydro or soul and donkey dick colas.

Also anything from a Eclectic Genetics. I have eight of his strains and they're all solid.

Limonene

Limonene

@click80 that eclectic genetic gear looks nice, just looked on his site.. do you have any pics bro?
I always like to see something new...

Junk

Junk

If you are talking about the late 90's white widow, I don't think it exists anymore. Sure you can buy seeds labeled white widow, but I have yet to find one that is like the original. I remember the original vividly. As well as purple haze. I cannot find a ww that is the same. I haven't tried PH. I would t mind trying it again, but not on my own dime. The WW was from Amsterdam (that I got).

Every time I see someone say they like ssh, I wonder if it's the same plant as well. I grew/had it and it just rocks you stupid. Racing thoughts, but I don't get anything done. This is every ssh that I've tried. It's some of the strongest stuff I've ever had, first time I ever threw up from weed cough.

But damn that absolutely obliterating stone. When I have it, I hate it. When I don't have it, I miss it. Damn you ssh!

Def one of the strongest strains available, and with the others he mentioned, I think he is looking for potent meds. As you can see, there are a lot of smaller breeders I this forum who carry better genetics (seems to be the prevailing opinion anyway) when you look at their pics, some mighty fine plants.

If you ever find the original ww, or a plant like it, please let me know. I paid $40 for an eighth of it to be sent here, back in like 99-ish!

But, if you are talking about those strains, in the late 90's, they are different today. So you might have better luck describing what kind of stone you want. Because I've grown white widow, I've bought it, I can't find the original.

I don't have any experience with the smaller breeders here yet. I have some beans on the way though from some. But I saw someone mention Goji (I think) Goji, even if grown moderately well, is a fun one. Binge smoking on it will put you on another planet, where everything is happy, and funny, and good. I write some of my best music with Goji by my side. I think it's underrated actually.

Based on what you said you liked, and the time period I'm assuming you had them, Tangerine Dream from Barney's Farm might be one to try. Very potent. It doesn't get mentioned much, but it's one of my personal faves. As for the genetics of that plant being superior/inferior to their suggestions, I honestly couldn't tell you. And I've not tried any of the plants they suggested (except for Goji) But Tangerine Dream is a trip, and an easy plant to grow.

Last edited:
dankninja

dankninja

you might like the jordan of the islands strain sapphire star, has a hawaiian sativa in the mix, definite blueberry ish taste to me. and very potent. very dense small nugs

Toaster79

Toaster79

If you're looking for the WW from 90', Dinafem has feminized version based on a Dutch elite clone from 1997. They are breeders from Spain mostly working with elite Dutch genetics and are not selling crap. Might wanna check them out.

baklava

baklava

Thank you all for the tips!

Bulldog11 said:
@baklava What kind of growing are you interested in? Outdoor, indoor?

Indoor, soil.

Your strain choices are as dated as wall paper, lol. Those were big about 10 years ago, still great strains.

10 years sounds about right. Have had a long break. ;)

Bodhi seeds are a great place to start.
silver mountain and blueberry hash plant by bodhi. all others listed below will be inferior!

I have suggested those 2 because they are the evolution of blueberry and ssh...

Interesting, have to check them out more in detail.

Every time I see someone say they like ssh, I wonder if it's the same plant as well. I grew/had it and it just rocks you stupid. Racing thoughts, but I don't get anything done. This is every ssh that I've tried. It's some of the strongest stuff I've ever had, first time I ever threw up from weed cough.

But damn that absolutely obliterating stone. When I have it, I hate it. When I don't have it, I miss it. Damn you ssh!

Def one of the strongest strains available, and with the others he mentioned, I think he is looking for potent meds. As you can see, there are a lot of smaller breeders I this forum who carry better genetics (seems to be the prevailing opinion anyway) when you look at their pics, some mighty fine plants.

Tried it in early 2000s. Only took a few tokes. Remember that i liked it a lot. Strong, nice sativa head.

But, if you are talking about those strains, in the late 90's, they are different today. So you might have better luck describing what kind of stone you want. Because I've grown white widow, I've bought it, I can't find the original.

I don't have any experience with the smaller breeders here yet. I have some beans on the way though from some. But I saw someone mention Goji (I think) Goji, even if grown moderately well, is a fun one. Binge smoking on it will put you on another planet, where everything is happy, and funny, and good. I write some of my best music with Goji by my side. I think it's underrated actually.

Based on what you said you liked, and the time period I'm assuming you had them, Tangerine Dream from Barney's Farm might be one to try. Very potent. It doesn't get mentioned much, but it's one of my personal faves. As for the genetics of that plant being superior/inferior to their suggestions, I honestly couldn't tell you. And I've not tried any of the plants they suggested (except for Goji) But Tangerine Dream is a trip, and an easy plant to grow.

Thank you for your opinion!

Dumpster Dive OG has made a few appearances in SW Colorado. Supposed to be a remnant of old Ohio Dumpster. Absolutely off the wall easy to grow, low nute hydro or soul and donkey dick colas.

Also anything from a Eclectic Genetics. I have eight of his strains and they're all solid.

Thank you!

you might like the jordan of the islands strain sapphire star, has a hawaiian sativa in the mix, definite blueberry ish taste to me. and very potent. very dense small nugs

Thank you!

If you're looking for the WW from 90', Dinafem has feminized version based on a Dutch elite clone from 1997. They are breeders from Spain mostly working with elite Dutch genetics and are not selling crap. Might wanna check them out.

I will, thanks!

Top Bottom