Chop day pics by Peat Phreak

• Thread starter Peat_Phreak
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Peat_Phreak

Peat_Phreak

New kelp extract do tell😂
813FLGXiW4L._SL1500_.jpg

Bloom City Kelp extract. Only $35 a gallon delivered.

Not one. Not two. SEVEN kinds of algae!

Things I noticed it might have done: Faster growth in each stage and more branches shooting off the main colas. Almost too many.

ninjadip

ninjadip

813FLGXiW4L._SL1500_.jpg

Things I noticed it might have done: Faster growth in each stage and more branches shooting off the main colas. Almost too many.
I am using this and wanted to see who else. Using this as foliar spray, they love it

A

Alwayslearning08

1 part Jacks 5-12-26
1 part Calcium Nitrate
zero Epsom salt

It's the easiest formula to remember that also provides balanced nutes for cannabis. NPK is about 4-1-6. Cal / Mg ratio is 3:1 with plenty of both elements. Just mix it up to whatever ppm you want for each stage.

Extras worth using - fulvic acid, chitosan, bio-available silica

Added kelp extract to my nutes for the current grow. Seems to be making a noticeable difference in the speed of growth in veg

1/0/1 essentially? Is this something you run from veg to flower ?

Peat_Phreak

Peat_Phreak

1/0/1 essentially? Is this something you run from veg to flower ?

NPK is roughly 4-1-4 and Ca:Mg is 3-1 when using equal parts of A and B with zero epsom.

Lately I've been using 5g of 5/12/26 and 4g of Cal Nit at peak veg and bloom. So not quite 1:1. It's 1.25:1 now. Still no epsom.

This has an NPK of roughly 3-1-4 and Ca:Mg is 2.5:1

Yes, I run the same ratio for veg and bloom and don't cut N until the last two weeks. Starting as low as 1:1 or 1.25:1 and gradually increasing it as the plant grows.

A

Alwayslearning08

Thanks for the reply! I’m new to this and just finished 2 runs with jack. Very interesting how you don’t use epsom salt. I stumbled upon your comment on a discussion about jack makes bud not hitting weight. Really caught my attention. Going to take your recommendations on adding additives like kelp extract and armor SI for next run. I been keeping my ec at 2 and ph 5.6-5.7

A

Alwayslearning08

when you run 5g part a & part b 4g w/out Epsom, how is it ec and ph looking like? Have you noticed any major difference during veg and flower compared to your old runs?

A

Alwayslearning08

813FLGXiW4L._SL1500_.jpg

ooo was debating between this and athena stack. Looks I'll try this instead. Do you foliar spray every week from veg to harvest or stop at week 2 of flower

Peat_Phreak

Peat_Phreak

when you run 5g part a & part b 4g w/out Epsom, how is it ec and ph looking like? Have you noticed any major difference during veg and flower compared to your old runs?

It's about 2.5EC with average tap water. No major differences. I use it instead of 4g/4g because it adds a little extra Mg and P. P for yield. Mg to prevent deficiency.

Last edited:
A

Alwayslearning08

awesome, I'll give that a try next run. appreciate the knowledge!

A

Alwayslearning08

Kelp and Fulvic foliar during veg twice a week. Cal Mag (500ppm) foliar during early veg twice a week if needed. I don't use foliar in bloom.
It's about 2.5EC with average tap water. No major differences. I use it instead of 4g/4g because it adds a little extra Mg and P. P for yield. Mg to prevent deficiency.
Just did my first transplant today, power SI followed by 5g part a and 4g part B. Got 2.6 Ec and 4.0, used ph up to 5.7z Did you run into low ph with 5/4?

Peat_Phreak

Peat_Phreak

Did you run into low ph with 5/4?

Never. I always get higher than "ideal" runoff pH. It will get up into the high sevens by the middle of bloom without some aggressive acid management. The nute mix will make the plant exude hydroxide which increases the pH. If your pH is running low, it's due to bacterial acidification. Microbes are dropping the pH. I don't experience that because I sterilize the media before planting.

You can raise your pH by using potassium silicate or lime. I would flush with lime. The ideal runoff is 5.5-6.2. Problems can occur at 4.

A

Alwayslearning08

Never. I always get higher than "ideal" runoff pH. It will get up into the high sevens by the middle of bloom without some aggressive acid management. The nute mix will make the plant exude hydroxide which increases the pH. If your pH is running low, it's due to bacterial acidification. Microbes are dropping the pH. I don't experience that because I sterilize the media before planting.

You can raise your pH by using potassium silicate or lime. I would flush with lime. The ideal runoff is 5.5-6.2. Problems can occur at 4.
Ohh I see ok. I’m on day Veg 1. running Curelatos. Will be my first time documenting on here !

4027F173 B107 450B BD21 6036C34847CC
Peat_Phreak

Peat_Phreak

Got it cap. Thanks for the insight. Gonna dump tank and reclean. Is it fine to use ph up and get to desired ph throughout the process .

Yes. Right now your media pH is very low. Microbes will continue to produce acid. The plant will produce base every time it feeds. But the plant won't produce base fast enough to correct itself quickly enough. So something needs to be done to correct the media pH.

The only way to do that quickly is by flushing or feeding with a higher than normal pH. Like 9.0pH. The nute liquid the plant drinks is a combination of the media pH and the input pH. The pH of this drink is very close to the pH of the runoff if the media is routinely watered to runoff 25%.

Things that raise the media pH:

bicarbonate from tap water (not RO)

hydroxide exudation from the roots due to feeding a high nitrate to ammonium ratio (you are already doing this)

Potassium silicate (be careful not to overdo K)

Garden lime (dolomite)

Calcium bicarbonate

I was in your situation, I would flush the shit out of it with water and calcium bicarbonate. But using your pH up and feeding a higher pH than normal can work too. I haven't done it, but have seen evidence of other people successfully doing it.

If you can keep your runoff in the 5.0-7.5ph range, you will never have a problem. The ideal range for optimal nute uptake is 5.5-6.0. pH related problems start occur above 7.8pH and below 5.0pH in peat.

Latest posts

Top Bottom