Chrome's mpb

• Thread starter chrometrichs
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Widowmaker

Widowmaker

Not to jack this thread, but even with how huge the bubba fans are, you still reccommend not removing them? Any of them? Man I hope I didn't shoot myself in the foot :)

Think I read JK say just push the leaves back behind the buds.
:icon_spin:

chrometrichs

chrometrichs

everytime you pluck a fan leaf it costs you yield bro, esp week 4 - 7 bro. You are hurting the plants ability to photosynthsize in the time when its in its time of producing heavy amounts of bud. I have never once plucked perfectly good fans off a plant and never will.

Nice job chrome, looking forward to the show

dds

Thanks for everything dds...

War of the fan leaves part 2.... I remember what happened in northone's thread when this debate broke out. Posts were edited and deleted. I don't want to see that happen here. I don't mind if debates break out in this thread, I actually encourage it. Its nice to get different perspectives and ideas. This fan leaf removal debate though seems to tear apart friends and divides us without any concrete way of proving its effectiveness, other than anecdotal. I find it interesting when a person plucks half his fan leaves and his buds still end up fluffier than desired, its not the plucking of the fans that gets the blame. Instead, the fluffiness or lack of development is regarded as a sign not enough fans were taken, when it actually could be the cause. On the flip side when no fans are taken and the gear comes out fluffy or underdeveloped, its not the strain, environment or nutrients blamed, its the lack of fan leaf removal. I think its important to note that dd's results vary from others given the strain, air quality, and nutrient regiment used. It could be any one of or all of those factors which contributed to a more developed undergrowth in his system.

C

ColoraDro

Not possible with the bubba. Thats like trying to plug a dam with your finger, lol..

Haha yeah bubba is a leafy whore that gets big fan leaves under powerful lights lol

nice setup chrome im gonna look into a mpb setup in the coming year>>>

chrometrichs

chrometrichs

Good to know northone, that makes sense, I didn't realize we have some power over editing our threads,(watch out trolls lol) I'm guessing a moderator needs to help with that though? I was somehow under the impression there was higher level censorship going on, but if its your thread, you should be able to somewhat control its direction.

I would personally rather remove the smallest inner bud sites around week 2 than clip the fans. I can see that dilemma though, removing the leaves may improve the density of the inner growth, but it may cost the plant in overall vigor and yield.

M

mrdizzle

how are they coming along, im gonna post some pics of the master I got day 2 of flower. they are huge

J

jonnynu

Premium Member
Supporter
EXTREMELY WELL WRITTEN POST THERE CT...an absolute pleasure to read irrespective of where I stand on the subject....

chrometrichs

chrometrichs

^^^^^ Thanks jonny :)

how are they coming along, im gonna post some pics of the master I got day 2 of flower. they are huge

Same here bro, mine are getting huge. I would of hit the ceiling already if I was running Co2. Luckily this strain refuses to get taller without having a dozen smaller branches right along side the main cola. Its looks like someone squeezed a 5 foot plant down to 2.5 feet. I will definitely have to get my cages up soon. If it wasn't for these 2 runts who seem to be waking from their coma, I would trigger flowering. The new pics I'll be posting soon will be a testament to the growth rates in the mpb without using Co2 or full lighting.

...looking forward to seeing that masta dizzle...

D

DrDanko

hi chrometrichs

week seven

these are the shorter ones but they are doing ok.

Doing....O.K.? LOL. That was hard to take sitting down! Nice work Northone. And nice thread here as well Chrome, love how you completely 'murdered-out' your system! Very clean looking and well put-together! Hoping to be able to try this system in the next year or two. My biggest concern is with the wattage, so I would have to go with like a 6 plant system max, and I'd have to downgrade a few 1K's for some 600's. But still would put out a lot more than I'm producing now with 22 plants. I get about 1.5-1.75/plant in soil, depending on strain. But I'd LOVE to cut down plant numbers since growing isn't allowed in my state. I'll be watching, thanks for the updates. DrD.

Apache69

Apache69

I get about 1.5-1.75/plant in soil, depending on strain. But I'd LOVE to cut down plant numbers since growing isn't allowed in my state. I'll be watching, thanks for the updates. DrD.

Thats pretty impressive how are you pulling that much in soil?

Thank you,

chrometrichs

chrometrichs

Nice work northone! looking beautiful, looks like your getting close to ...:harvest:

chrometrichs

chrometrichs

Hey DrD is that 1.5-1.75 avg oz's or lbs?

Northone, mine aren't close to the ceiling, yet lol. Ill get some pics up later...

E

easypleasie

Yo chrome, been a while since i've posted in here. How things coming along, bro? I think it's update time :)

S

Sirius

Lookin good bro! Can't wait to check it out! U need to throw some white hashplant in there on the next run!

chrometrichs

chrometrichs

Yo chrome, been a while since i've posted in here. How things coming along, bro? I think it's update time :)

Hey easy, your right it is time for an update, I'll get some pics up in the next couple days. Things are looking good. I was slacking a little when it came to getting the cages around the plants and my largest girls payed a small price as I squeezed them into their cages today. Definitely learned a lesson here, next time cages will go up early.

Lookin good bro! Can't wait to check it out! U need to throw some white hashplant in there on the next run!

Describe a little the characteristcis which make the white hashplant a good candidate for the mpb? tight internodal spacing? branchy? stretchy? yieldy? whitey?

B

burnalot420

Lolipop Genetics
Supporter
hey wassup chrome, and all other mpb guys here...i use promix,but after seeing these go on since last year,and now that i think i have a better understanding of the system i think it will be time..look forward to you updates chrome..would you mind taking pics of your feed/flood lines/controller room etc..would love to see em..hopefully with the knowledge that dd passed to all already using the system you can keep the knowledge a flowing....oh yea btw..that guy who said 1.5-1.75..that is oz i assume right?if not are u using verts?...Burn

Latest posts

Top Bottom