Chrome's mpb

• Thread starter chrometrichs
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
L

Lost

1 1/4 ID is overkill x10 fyi. I'm going to run 2 1 inch and see how that goes. I stuff a 600 gph pump from my r/o drum into one of my mpb while the feed is on and it has no problem evacuating the 300gph feed line AND the 600 gph pump.

C

crossouttheiis

I guess i'll stick with the poly/ vinyl tubes I have for now and try the flex tubing on the next run. A problem has arisen for me and will not be able to set up my 5 plant system for aprox. 9 weeks. My ten set up is going well still vegging though :). thanks for the information and your opinion though.

chrometrichs

chrometrichs

Hi Chrometrich,

Chop time,thats it..it was an ok run.

Hope yours is trouble free

This is pic of the fatest cola i think

Hey northone, just curious if your being humble when you say it was an 'ok run' or if your disappointed with quality or yield. If so, what steps will you take next run to improve your results?

B

brookstown

Northone, didn't you have a thread in DDs section? thought i saw one but can't find it now.

chrometrichs

chrometrichs

time for a quick update...

flowering has begun, let the countdown begin... :time

I decided to swap out my 1" ebb/flow fittings for the feed line with 3/4" in an effort to create better pressure and force in the tubs. It def helps but I think for next time I'm going to use 2400gph pumps with a 1" feed line and tee off to the tubs with 3/4".

I doubled my lighting with the addition of a few more 1k watt quantum ballasts (which I'm loving). I started them at 50% and worked them up to 100% over a few days, and have avoided any sort of lumen shock. I'm still planning on adding 4-600's to the corners once I get my mini-split installed (which I will def need help with!) The temps are maxing out in my room currently at 83-85, so the sooner that a/c gets here the better.

I also added a pondmaster ap-100 air pump that is kicking serious air bubble ass through ceramic micro-pore diffusers.

Plants all look healthy and happy....
pics in a few days... :)

D

doubleds

time for a quick update...

flowering has begun, let the countdown begin... :time

I decided to swap out my 1" ebb/flow fittings for the feed line with 3/4" in an effort to create better pressure and force in the tubs. It def helps but I think for next time I'm going to use 2400gph pumps with a 1" feed line and tee off to the tubs with 3/4".

I doubled my lighting with the addition of a few more 1k watt quantum ballasts (which I'm loving). I started them at 50% and worked them up to 100% over a few days, and have avoided any sort of lumen shock. I'm still planning on adding 4-600's to the corners once I get my mini-split installed (which I will def need help with!) The temps are maxing out in my room currently at 83-85, so the sooner that a/c gets here the better.

I also added a pondmaster ap-100 air pump that is kicking serious air bubble ass through ceramic micro-pore diffusers.

Plants all look healthy and happy....
pics in a few days... :)

Congrats on your first grow mate. You will be very happy once you get your mini split installed. how do you like digital ballasts bro? I have been growing for 26 years and havnt used one. I just bought 10 lumateks for a trial run and i am hoping they r as good as everyone lets on. I like the idea of being able to dim the bulbs, would save me lots of problems during transplant.

very cool bro

dds

chrometrichs

chrometrichs

Hey dds, I've had just about every generation of lumatek ballast at some point or another. The first series was a RF noise nightmare and I had cable guys knocking on my door...oops...lol. But each lumatek series has gotten progressively better and better since. This time I choose the quantums because they are the only UL and FCC listed ballast currently, so hopefully no more RF interference. The ability to dim your lights to control lumen intensity and heat is invaluable! Once you see how cool, quiet and lightweight they are you'll never want to fire up another magnetic again.....

ps.... I took your advice and got a friedrich mini-split, I don't have to worry about cold weather where I'm at, but after reading all the reviews on friedrichs I believe I made the right choice! Now if i can just figure out how to install it properly....lol

cheers bro!
chrome

M

MedicalINFO

Chrome... What kind of bulbs do you run, I've heard that people have some issues dimming hortiluxe bulbs. THanks

chrometrichs

chrometrichs

Chrome... What kind of bulbs do you run, I've heard that people have some issues dimming hortiluxe bulbs. THanks

I'm using hortilux's, no problem dimming them whatsoever.

Who knows how to install a minisplit?

I just watched a terrifying 3 minute video, that involved manifold gauges and vacuum pumps. Now I just need to figure out what a manifold gauge and a vacuum pump is.

M

MedicalINFO

I had to have a guy come and charge mine with compressed gass, not sure what kind of gas.. My electrician had an ac guy luckily, but if you have a good electrician maby see if they can help.

Do you run with "superlumens" swich on

chrometrichs

chrometrichs

Im using the quantum ballast which doesn't have the super lumen option. Unfortunately. I'm the electrician...lol

chrometrichs

chrometrichs

Ok question for the electrically wise, my mini-split a/c is rated for 208v/230v 60hz will it be able to run on a 240v line?

BOSSMAN88188

BOSSMAN88188

I am in socal.
I just used 1 800 any time.
They were way cool. Had no problem's. If you are in socal then.
Call them and ask for danny. I told them it was for a legal grow.
And they were all good with it.

HG23

HG23

Hey Chrome,

Did you get the mini split installed? An update would be cool whenever you get time, Im curious to see how it's goin.

Thanks.

chrometrichs

chrometrichs

No, I still need to run the electrical and vacuum the lines. I'm going to start a thread for mini-split install help because I have a bunch of specific questions I need answers to and all the hvac websites I've visited hate DIY'ers

Plant update.... I'm a few weeks into flower now and I'm amazed at how the system and my plants are performing. The biggest plant is nearly 4 feet tall and 4 feet wide. Its displaying more branches and bud sites than I've ever seen on a plant. I'll post some pics of her soon....

B

burnalot420

Lolipop Genetics
Supporter
hey chrome, i would love to see a mini split forum as i plan on getting one within the next year,unfortunately atm i have to buy a portable..does anyone have any suggestions as far as brand name etc. for portables?

Top Bottom