Cigarettes

• Thread starter squiggly
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
squiggly

squiggly

To everyone who smokes:

The other night I experienced some severe chest pain in the middle of a cigarette. I think it was probably not a huge deal--but I felt like I was having a heart attack.

This scared the fucking dog shit out of me and caused me to immediately renounce cigarettes.

I just wanted to share with you guys that smoking cigs is super cool until you are imminently scared that it might kill you. Then it's less relaxing and more akin to something that makes you feel like you're going to piss your pants.

The fear I have about this is enormous. I'm still waiting to see if my health insurance will reinstate me (separate issue) so that I can go get checked out. Every moment between now and then is an unbearable one--filled with unanswered questions and concerns over what I have done to myself (and also hyper-awareness of my heartbeat and breathing).

I want to help any of you avoid feeling this way if I can.

Put the cigarettes down now. They are not worth your life. Even if they were, they wouldn't be worth spending the rest of it in fear of losing it--which is all I've been able to do since Friday.

I'd almost rather BE dead than feel the way I do now.

Not only can this shit happen to you if you smoke, but it certainly will almost without question. Just a matter of when.

♥ you guys.

420Gator

420Gator

WTF squigg? what happened to the badass PV you just invested in?

squiggly

squiggly

I was slowly weaning myself off using that as an aid.

I was down to 1 cig a day--this happened during my one cig.

I have renounced the e-cig as well as nicotine is no good for the vascular system or respiratory system (where I think the actual problem is).

I suppose it will be used to smoke concentrate henceforth--but if I'm being honest I've even sworn off MJ for the moment until I can get in to a doctor.

I know from my studies that cannabis can increase chance of MI in the hours following use. I don't know WTF is going on so I want to wait until I do.

Just basically living on the edge of my seat right now. Taking it hour by hour trying to not utterly freak myself out (it's not working).

If I am able to rest and calm down for a moment--I can see my every appendage just trembling mercilessly.

My hope is that sharing my fear here will convince someone to quit before they must also share in it.

The best description I can give is that I feel like I've been in a bad acid trip I can't get out of for 3 days straight.

KeystonerFMX

KeystonerFMX

Premium Farmer
Supporter
One chest pain and all of a sudden you fall off the deep end? I think your over analysis of everything has finally got to you... you are how old? Like in the 20s and you think cigarettes are gonna kill you already? How many packs a day did you smoke lol. In all seriousness tho, I think you're paranoid.. cigarettes are horrible for you(obviously) and I in no way condone them, but come on... a 3 day bad trip ha... I think "swearing off the MJ" is also contributing to you're delusional state.. smoke some weed and chill man

ftwendy

ftwendy

You are making good choices, and that is the best you can do right now.

Henceforth your goal needs to be R&R... focus on deep breathing from your diaphragm (2 count in through the nose, four count out through the mouth) while you project your mind to another, more peaceful, place. Focus on the smallest detail you can remember from your peaceful place... I picture the pink grains of crushed coral perched on sandstone ledges in a Bermuda cave. I can smell the air. I can hear the sand grind softly under my back when I take a breath...............I could be on fire and that memory would get me through it. I'm sure you have your cave, too. Go there.

I know this is pretty standard stuff as far as relaxation techniques go, but sometimes it helps to be reminded. Whatever you do, please be patient with yourself and keep listening to your body.

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
The pain you described could be a phantom pain from your back or could be a mucus blockage in your lungs. It could be your hart or lungs so it would be a good idea to have it checked out sooner that later. If you feel you need to, call 911. You won`t be charged as long as you don`t need a ride to the hospital. Also you can go to an emergency room and you can`t be turned down because of no insurance. If you qualify for Medical-Medicaid, they will pay bills from three months before you apply. But they will not cover you for an ambulance and will not reimburse you for a bill already paid. I know you don`t put much faith in prayer but, I do so I`ll be praying for you Brother!

ftwendy

ftwendy

all that said... I agree with Key. I think you're being a bit hypo.

You clearly have too much on your mind right now. Ask your girl to give you a nice massage, while you focus on being centered. Take advantage of the respite that spring break affords you and make yourself whole again.

I'm counting on you to stick around and answer my pedantic questions...so... listen up, yo. :)

squiggly

squiggly

all that said... I agree with Key. I think you're being a bit hypo.

There's no question. But as smart as I am I can't seem to get out of my head on this one.

I'm fully aware I'm freaking myself out needlessly. I just can't stop it. It's a vicious circle.

I worry about my heart ---> it beats faster ----> I worry some more.

You clearly have too much on your mind right now. Ask your girl to give you a nice massage, while you focus on being centered. Take advantage of the respite that spring break affords you and make yourself whole again.

I'm counting on you to stick around and answer my pedantic questions...so... listen up, yo. :)

I'm trying dude. I'm going through a rough patch here.

I do have a history of anxiety issues, so this is really bringing those back to life right now.

This is one time where being smart is really hurting me. I know all of the possibilities--I wish I didn't.

squiggly

squiggly

The pain you described could be a phantom pain from your back or could be a mucus blockage in your lungs.

I believe it is both of these things, but that doesn't remove my fear that it could be something else. I am currently having some pretty severe back pain and think I maybe pinched a nerve--i also just got over an upper respiratory infection and my mucus secretions are VERY thick.

I've already thoroughly tried to convince myself that this is the problem. But my imagination is probably the most active part of my psyche and it's just a god damn mess up there let me tell you.

It could be your hart or lungs so it would be a good idea to have it checked out sooner that later. If you feel you need to, call 911. You won`t be charged as long as you don`t need a ride to the hospital. Also you can go to an emergency room and you can`t be turned down because of no insurance. If you qualify for Medical-Medicaid, they will pay bills from three months before you apply. But they will not cover you for an ambulance and will not reimburse you for a bill already paid. I know you don`t put much faith in prayer but, I do so I`ll be praying for you Brother!

I appreciate the prayers. The truth is that I don't know what reality is. I don't pray myself but I won't ward prayers off--that's for sure.

Yeah I just had a snafu with my coverage. I should be back good to go in the next 3-5 days. Hoping right now that it works out that way so I can just get in and get some testing done without breaking the bank.

squiggly

squiggly

One chest pain and all of a sudden you fall off the deep end? I think your over analysis of everything has finally got to you... you are how old? Like in the 20s and you think cigarettes are gonna kill you already? How many packs a day did you smoke lol. In all seriousness tho, I think you're paranoid.. cigarettes are horrible for you(obviously) and I in no way condone them, but come on... a 3 day bad trip ha... I think "swearing off the MJ" is also contributing to you're delusional state.. smoke some weed and chill man

I fully agree with you here.

I am 27. I have been smoking 2 packs a day (until very recently) since the age of 12.

That's 15 years. It might sound like an exaggeration but I assure you it is not. I've smoked less as I've gotten older, not more.

I've already had a friend pass away from lung cancer (same age as me) who had only smoked from about age 14--so don't be confused on the power of cigarettes to kill in a timely fashion.

I certainly am paranoid. I have anxiety issues and you are one-million-percent correct to say my over-analysis is biting me in the ass here.

While it sucks, perhaps this can finally illustrate to you guys that I REALLY DO overanalyze everything as a function of who I am. It's not done purposely to be a dick to you--I just live inside of my head and I make predictions of predictions of predictions.

It helps me out in science and the stock market--but here it really crushes me.

Actually I continued the bud for the first two days. Today is first day with no MJ and I did it more because I feared it was exacerbating my anxiety. Thus far--as much as I hate to admit it--that appears to be the case as I've been much more even-keel today and have been controlling the anxiety much better.

Yes it feels like a 3 day bad trip, but I suppose that would require some info on how my bad trips go--as most of them have been severely linked to my anxiety.

I'm definitely trying to chill, it's just one of those things--the chest is what bears most of the weight in an anxiety attack, and it also happens to be the source of my anxiety currently.

It's just a REALLY REALLY bad situation because it's not like I can forget what my chest feels like.

The best thing for me right now really would be if someone snuck up behind me for the next week and just continuously kept knocking me the fuck out.

dirk d

dirk d

I smoked on and off for almost 20 years. CIgarettes kill more people than anything else in this country. f'ing filled with poisons. I finally got to the stage that even stressed out, cigarettes didn't do shit for me. hated the taste, hated the smell and i knew my lungs were getting f'd up. I remember waking up every morning coughing my lungs out lol Been cigarette free for almost 2 years now. Replacing joints for cigarettes helped me kick the habit cold turkey. Even though we don't agree on a lot of issues, i want you to be around man. good luck squiggly.

Ohiofarmer

Ohiofarmer

^ I too had a very similiar thing happen to me; i use to smoke heavy menthols when it happened; i'm not sure if it warrents a doctor visit but that strictly up too you, also i didn't start smoking until i was 17 and i only smoked one cigarette a day. From a biological standpoint the average male human body can process and discard approx. 1 100 cigarette's worth of b-12 and b-13 carcinogens per 24 hrs. So for any of you who enjoy cigs just remeber to keep it to 1 a day or 2 in one day then skip a day. I strongly believe everything can be good in moderation. On a side note i have found that smokin a nice bit of bubble or oil with cause all the built up cig tar to dislodge itself....either that or it was a bit o bubbles dislodges your brain, either way i bet it will help;).... Take it easy squiggs, hope you feel better man

squiggly

squiggly

Thanks everyone--especially you guys whom don't view me as a favorite.

I appreciate the thoughts and the shared stories are comforting me. I feel much better after reading all of this.

Great e-friends, you guys. Awesome community.

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
I was slowly weaning myself off using that as an aid.

I was down to 1 cig a day--this happened during my one cig.

I have renounced the e-cig as well as nicotine is no good for the vascular system or respiratory system (where I think the actual problem is).

I suppose it will be used to smoke concentrate henceforth--but if I'm being honest I've even sworn off MJ for the moment until I can get in to a doctor.

I know from my studies that cannabis can increase chance of MI in the hours following use. I don't know WTF is going on so I want to wait until I do.

Just basically living on the edge of my seat right now. Taking it hour by hour trying to not utterly freak myself out (it's not working).

If I am able to rest and calm down for a moment--I can see my every appendage just trembling mercilessly.

My hope is that sharing my fear here will convince someone to quit before they must also share in it.

The best description I can give is that I feel like I've been in a bad acid trip I can't get out of for 3 days straight.

I bet it was just gassss..

Maybe you can go on Web MOD and really freak your self out! That's what I do when some scary shit happens to me. Good job quitting. Stogies are whack.

I am putting the good vibe out for your health brother. Relax.

Top Bottom