Cinderella G13 | Grow Block | Growing in rockwool

• Thread starter PK1
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Mr.GreenthumbOG

Mr.GreenthumbOG

Grow for life🌱
Supporter
looking clean and green bro👊. What’s your plan for canopy management and timeline for flip? They look like their growing really rapidly.

PK1

PK1

Supporter
looking clean and green bro👊. What’s your plan for canopy management and timeline for flip? They look like their growing really rapidly.
funny enough after posting the video the amazon delivery man got here and SOG net arrived.
2022 01 15 163455

Dec14 was when i noticed the plant being in veg time. It's been a month more or less and im thinking of growing the branches enough to get the squares filled and flip to flower. depending on the growth rate I am thinking beginning of February I'm going to flip. I do have to get some more hooks and bring the current Sog net higher.

I do wish to get the final peace which is the Panda hydro film which is a 5ml thick plastic with one side being white and the other side black. This helps to stop the light shinning through and create a better moister environment for the roots. Seller on amazon emailed today that the package was damaged and it is returned. This is after a month of waiting so last night i ordered another one from a different seller. Should be expecting this next week but will see.

PK1

PK1

Supporter
@Mr.GreenthumbOG do you use different techniques using SOG?
im thinking of sending Blue branches to the right which will become below the Cinderella and than send cinderella and Amnesia towards top squares. The humidifier is gonna have to find a new place.

Mr.GreenthumbOG

Mr.GreenthumbOG

Grow for life🌱
Supporter
The net can be a good tool to stretch out the growth, but I would keep raising it up as they grow somewhat just to give you a little more space to get in and keep them in line.
its 3 different strains?

PK1

PK1

Supporter
ya, three diff strains getting fed the same. Probably gonna have some issues but will see. im rising the net as the branches grow.

PK1

PK1

Supporter
It's pretty much smooth sailing from here on. I don't even think i will be topping anymore.

Casimpi

Casimpi

Really clean set up. I wish I had the space to set something up like you have.

One thing I have noticed with those Amazon screens, while easy to set up they are not that effective due to: too much spacing, too stretchy, too thick, and not good for reusing.

Recently I have just been using nylon and stringing it between screws in PVC frames. With your set up it could be done even better and easier than mine as you could just throw up a laser level and go around screwing in eye hooks to your walls.

I am also growing three different strains in my veg tent like you.

IMG 8110

IMG 8109

Reactions: PK1
PK1

PK1

Supporter
Really clean set up. I wish I had the space to set something up like you have.

One thing I have noticed with those Amazon screens, while easy to set up they are not that effective due to: too much spacing, too stretchy, too thick, and not good for reusing.

Recently I have just been using nylon and stringing it between screws in PVC frames. With your set up it could be done even better and easier than mine as you could just throw up a laser level and go around screwing in eye hooks to your walls.

I am also growing three different strains in my veg tent like you.

View attachment 1207500

View attachment 1207503

ya, @tobh told me to do this and i'd be happy but the SOG got here sooner. I will be making one like how you have it tp fit the room. Looks allot cleaner.
The flower room is definitely my fav place to be. Currently i've got nothing in the tent since it isi really hard to keep heat and moister up. This room makes it super easy. My final upgrade to this room will be a co2 since it can be fully sealed.

PK1

PK1

Supporter
Figuring out this watering has been a challenge, but i think I'm getting closer to what it should be.
At the moment I've got it down to two cycles of feeding and I have also closed the valve allot more to get more water to go through the rockwool. I take because i was doing generative feeding and since the valve was a lot more open that it didn't allow the rockwool to get enough nutrient to flush the salt build up and it makes my syringe test go high. Hopefully with the two cycles and the valve being alot more closed than it will wash the salts out. The plants colours do look a lot better and the rockwool is properly moist now.
I feed at 10 AM 1min and then at 8 PM.
2022 01 17 174149

PK1

PK1

Supporter
The speed of growth is just amazes me. SOG net is almost filled up and in no time we have a even canopy going. I was able to do some ppfd readings today to get some sort of idea on what the levels of lights is at at the back of the room with the 2nd light being up. Currently at 25inch away i got 750ppfd through out the room vs before was 200 at the back of the room. feeding at 1.3ec MC and when i add more (mg) it brings it up to 1.5ec. The colors has definitely kicked back although with the light shinning on the it makes more bright green on new growth.
2022 01 19 131509

Last edited:
PK1

PK1

Supporter
although the reservoir is stable, I didn't make it on time for watering but these roots look healthy! I did a bit of cleaning and removed some small leaves that were just now growing.
My finger's smell to the Blue cheese.
2022 01 19 173441

2022 01 19 173348
2022 01 19 173335
2022 01 19 173335

PK1

PK1

Supporter

2022 01 22 152901

I know the temps in the video say 84f and 40%rh but my other temp check says differently. Looking at the plants, i don't see sign of heat stress so I think the temperature checker inside is good to have but its not fully correct. I did come across of some mold building up on the cotton batting and i know for a fact that happened because the light was shinning through the the other plastic that was up. I was hoping i would receive the panda film before the roots grow further but it didn't go that way. However, Now with the new cotton batting and the panda film i have no more light shinning through and the plants seemed to be recovered quickly.

Will let this run for another week and see how things go. If this doesn't work than i just wasted some money and the plants will be going into another shock.
I'm thinking if this method doesn't work, than i have to put the 4" rockwool ontop of a bigger rockwool slab and in my scenario i could possibly damage some roots, but finger's crossed.

PK1

PK1

Supporter
Few days a go I noticed that there were black spots that look like mold that was growing in some places on the cotton batting. Thank god none of the areas that the roots were had any issues so i decided to cut off the cotton batting that had no roots and had majority of the molds. I think i did a pretty aight job on not stressing the roots, since the plants are doing good already.
I am really hoping that the Panda film fixes that problem. So, far i don't see any light shinning through the panda film and that's a good thing.

2022 01 20 132406
2022 01 20 144241
2022 01 20 144240

2022 01 22 220821

tobh

tobh

Supporter
fuk, i miss good old house parties. @tobh fast forward to 4:25
keep watching these videos, and it's making it really hard to not spend a grand on a setup and start figuring out how to mix tracks. pre-flu we were known for having some pretty epic parties but i always hated not being able to mix properly.

• Haha
Reactions: PK1
PK1

PK1

Supporter
keep watching these videos, and it's making it really hard to not spend a grand on a setup and start figuring out how to mix tracks. pre-flu we were known for having some pretty epic parties but i always hated not being able to mix properly.
I know right. I am sure you have heard of Virtial DJ? Save your self 5k 😉

Latest posts

Top Bottom