Cindy99 3wks Old With Leaf Mutations

• Thread starter chuey316
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
chuey316

chuey316

Also ordered a 400w ballast, a 29" x 21-1/4" hood with cool tube, plus an mh, and hps bulb for $138. If I wouldn't have forgotten to put money on my card a couple nights ago after work, I could've gotten everything for about $40 less, but still seemed like a good price.

chuey316

chuey316

Transplanted 2 of the 3 today. Had to do some extensive lst, and raise my screen 3-1/2". 3rd plant will be transplanted in 2 days.

Went with the Ocean Forest. How long should I wait before adding nutes again? I only had to use about 4" of soil in the bottom of the buckets, and there was only an inch or so of space around the outside to fill up.

chuey316

chuey316

Not at all. They're already taking well to the new pots.I had to start tucking the next day.

Tasty Buds

Tasty Buds

Nice! What ec are you feeding at, and what exactly are you feeding?
All ya need, if your interested in an easy, no meter way to grow. Look into growing in peat, coco, or my fav pearlite (Hempy bucket) GIANT yields in small containers.
My shot At colas were grown in styraphome party cups.
Check out the scrog (not even a month into flower)
Not doing anything commercial, just been experimenting, breeding....
Oh, same strain in scrog as avitar

20171222 161050
chuey316

chuey316

Nice plants. Not sure on my ec. Just have a ph meter. No food right now, just water for the next couple weeks, unless they start looking like they need to be fed.

I did coco wroth one of the plants on my 1st grow, but didn't really like it. Didn't seem to root as well as the other 2, and seemed very "loose" in the pot. Yielded half as much too, but the plant was a pretty stunted autoflower, so I'm sure it could've been much better. May still end up giving it another shot.

Tasty Buds

Tasty Buds

Thanks. Get a few soil grows under your belt, and keep learning. Hempy buckets are the best bang for the buck, and easiest to work with...
Any ?'s you have, always feel free!
Are you flowering under T5's?
Merry Xmas btw

chuey316

chuey316

Thanks. I'm sure there'll be some more questions along the way.;) I'll be flowering under a 400w hps. Just waiting for the hood to arrive.

chuey316

chuey316

Got my hood installed today. The ballast is firing the hps everytime, but not always firing the mh. Sometimes when I plug it in with the mh bulb, it fires for a spilt second, then darkness. It's working right now, but definitely has me a bit concerned.

Gonna check on it in the morning after the dark period, and see if it refires. May have to end up exchanging for another one. It's a Powerlux 400w, running at 250w btw.

Tasty Buds

Tasty Buds

What kind of hood? Be careful w/ MH bulbs. I don't even use em. Yes, the spectrum is better for veg, but what you lose in spectrum, you gain in lumens w/hps. For mothers, I use an 8 bulb t5, then (if I'm gonna veg at all, I'll go w/hps).
Here's my one plant scrog still early in flower. I know the real cut of Chocolate Diesel is pretty much impossible to get anymore, but I can't say enough about it. Check it in a 1 plant scrog under a 600 41/2 x 41/2. If I don't pull over 1.25 gpw, I'll be shocked.
Chocolate D is the good pt of GG#4. I can only tell the difference in the yield w/choc.
Send a pic or 2. Wanna see how she's coming along, and see if I have any suggestions for ya.

20171227 181604
20171228 235456
Tasty Buds

Tasty Buds

Don't this look just like gg? A stray lower bud I missed. Lowest. Plant is gonna finish fast as he'll. This is the best time of year to flower.

20171228 234728
chuey316

chuey316

That's beautiful.

I'll get some pics up soon. Been doing minimal maintenance lately. I've been super sick all week, and laid up in bed for half of it. Nothing special on the hood. Just some no name brand made in china.

Last edited:
chuey316

chuey316

Plant #1 top view

Plant #2 top view

Plant #3 top view
100 0389
100 0391

Few of these knots on this girl where I had to be firm with the training. Strong looking branches though.
100 0398

Still need to transplant #3. Just been far to sick to do it.

Tasty Buds

Tasty Buds

Looks good (just water?) Yeah, that bug has gotten around. Wife been sick for 2 weeks now. I got LUCKY, and shook it off in 2 days. I'm not a big believer in brand name hoods, and bulbs. If you ever go in a tent, make sure it's got good reviews. Feel better

chuey316

chuey316

Yep, just water right now. Probably not too much longer before I start feeding again. Need to get the last transplant done so I can flip soon. From what I've read, this strain can stretch alot.

chuey316

chuey316

Went to flip my lights tonight and found that my timer is no longer working, and my lights have been running 24/0. It's gonna be 2-1/2 more days before I can get another timer so I can flip.

Tasty Buds

Tasty Buds

Went to flip my lights tonight and found that my timer is no longer working, and my lights have been running 24/0. It's gonna be 2-1/2 more days before I can get another timer so I can flip.
At least you hadn't flipped, and the timer srapped out. All good!

chuey316

chuey316

At least you hadn't flipped, and the timer srapped out. All good!
Very true. Got a new timer and flipped 2 nights ago. Temps are holding at 73-75º during lights on. So far, the lights out temp has been 57-59º.

Growth is coming on nice. May end up out growing the screen if the stretch continues as long as I've read with this strain. Some of the branches are pretty thin, about the thickness of a coffee stirrer, and don't look like they'll support much weight. I'm thinking I may cut them to make room for bud sites from the thicker stems. There's not a whole lot of them, but it would clear out the canopy a bit, and give more light to the bud sites on the larger stems. Plus it would make it easier to train.

Any thoughts?

Tasty Buds

Tasty Buds

Very true. Got a new timer and flipped 2 nights ago. Temps are holding at 73-75º during lights on. So far, the lights out temp has been 57-59º.

Growth is coming on nice. May end up out growing the screen if the stretch continues as long as I've read with this strain. Some of the branches are pretty thin, about the thickness of a coffee stirrer, and don't look like they'll support much weight. I'm thinking I may cut them to make room for bud sites from the thicker stems. There's not a whole lot of them, but it would clear out the canopy a bit, and give more light to the bud sites on the larger stems. Plus it would make it easier to train.

Any thoughts?
That would be nice. SCROGs are trained diffrent, at least by me. Until the have crowned nicely, I'll let the screen get as full, w/most distance covered first. The tiny stuff will show itself by week 2 or 3. Remove the suckers that will steal the energy from the nicer colas. Ya never know. Done right, you can yield nice from almost any strain

chuey316

chuey316

Just a quick update. The plants are doing good. I have about 90 shoots that are 4-6" above the screen, and are putting on pistils. Gonna switch over to bloom nutes on the next feeding.

Latest posts

Top Bottom