City Cultivation Ban?

• Thread starter v1sual
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
v1sual

v1sual

How many of you are seeing this happen? I have recently have seen alot of this happening here in central/socal.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
My county has already placed limits on both indoor and outdoor cultivation. IIRC some of the local cities have place outright bans, but again, this was done some years ago.

Are these munis doing this in response to the upcoming legislation? Which cities?

v1sual

v1sual

Yes, I have heard of bans like this, such as the one in Fresno a few years back, but this is new and it's happening all around me. It was in response to the new upcoming legislation. Just happened last week. They basically don't want the state to take over the rules on this, coming up march 1st. Every city within my county (sbcounty) seems to be doing the same thing, except the college towns it seems. This is only regarding medical, not recreational, which would be considered drug trafficking.

fishwhistle

fishwhistle

What cities are you referring too?Outdoor has basically been banned everywhere in my county but it does not apply to indoor with legal numbers.

v1sual

v1sual

Santa Maria, Nipomo, Arroyo Grande, Solvang, Buelton, Lompoc, and Guadalupe. <All banned cultivation. Santa Barbara and Goleta still allow mobile dispensaries I beleive.

Last edited:
v1sual

v1sual

I keep saying this! sign, sign and vote for CCHI2016.org the only real answer to the problem.

Yeah I will sign , I'm hoping this passes instead of the adult use act here in ca. CCHI2016 does not allow the local cities to ban cultivation and dispensaries, but the adult use act, which seems to be the most popular initiative, does allow this. Vote people ! Or else I can see lots of cities/counties doing this even after its legal here.

MIKEZILLA

MIKEZILLA

I have seen Alameda County on the list...So does this mean any city in the county? The city of alameda is also banned? If it is all cities in alameda county it makes zero sense! Where can we find up to date @? ?

Bulldog11

Bulldog11

Seems like my county is sticking to 24 plants per parcel, with two scripts. Then it seems they are wanting to pass class 2 commercial licencing. Sounds good to me. Anybody see Humboldt just passed level 3 commercial? Way to lead the way boys, good work.

GoneP

GoneP

Yes, I have heard of bans like this, such as the one in Fresno a few years back, but this is new and it's happening all around me. It was in response to the new upcoming legislation. Just happened last week. They basically don't want the state to take over the rules on this, coming up march 1st. Every city within my county (sbcounty) seems to be doing the same thing, except the college towns it seems. This is only regarding medical, not recreational, which would be considered drug trafficking.

I'm in SB county too. Check out this article from the sun news.

http://www.sbsun.com/health/20160131/where-can-you-buy-medical-marijuana-in-the-inland-empire

Cultivation bans in the following cities

Chino Hills
Claremont
La Verne
Fontana
Montclair
Loma Linda
Ontario
Pomona
San Dimas
Redlands
Rialto

etc...

And of course San Bernardino as well.....but it's "under review" there. Still tons of dispensaries all over SB city though.

Ladyv

Ladyv

County supervisors move to halt commercial marijuana cultivation

Concerned about a possible influx of commercial medical marijuana farms, Los Angeles County supervisors voted Tuesday to put a temporary moratorium on cultivation of the crop in county unincorporated areas and to study a permanent ban.

Last year, California's legislature passed a package of bills that established a statewide regulatory structure overseeing the medical cannabis industry, but left room for cities and counties to set up stricter local regulations.

The new state laws designate medical marijuana as a crop like others, subject to the same regulations on water and insecticide use.

Supervisor Michael D. Antonovich said the county had since begun to receive inquiries about permitting medical marijuana production.

Medical marijuana storefront dispensaries are already banned in county unincorporated areas. The 45-day moratorium, which the supervisors unanimously voted Tuesday to direct county attorneys to draft, covers cultivation, manufacturing and laboratory testing.

But the supervisors held off applying a similar moratorium to mobile delivery services, after some expressed concerns that they would be cutting off patients with legitimate prescriptions who have mobility issues.

"There are a number of people with legal prescriptions who may have glaucoma, people with AIDS, elderly people who may have trouble going and picking up any kind of prescription," said Supervisor Sheila Kuehl.

Kuehl joined her colleagues in voting for the moratorium on production.

The county has had a pitched battle with some landowners over regulations on another crop -- grapes grown for wine. The supervisors in 2014 banned new vineyards in an 81-square-mile coastal portion of the Santa Monica Mountains and last year set strict limitations on wine-growing operations in the northern portion of the mountains, citing concerns about water use and environmental effects.

Kuehl, who represents that area, said she has the same concerns about marijuana crops.

Antonovich, who proposed the moratorium, wrote that apart from potential environmental effects, commercial marijuana production in public view, "increases the risk of trespassing and burglary, and acts of violence."

A handful of medical marijuana proponents and opponents weighed in.

"As a mother, I am concerned. As a professional, I am concerned," said Dolores Ruiz, a manager with SPIRITT Family Services, a Whittier-based nonprofit that provides mental health counseling. "Our kids, our youth are very creative. They know they can get these cards. They know they can get the marijuana."

Tyler Strause, a Los Angeles resident whose family has a business selling hemp-based supplements, said he advocates for medical marijuana because it helped his father when he was dying of brain cancer.

"For two years, I watched him die, and the only product that provided him with relief was medical marijuana," Strause said.

During the 45-day moratorium period, staff will study the economic and environmental effects of medical marijuana production and recommend how to approach land use regulations.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Pardon me, but fucking fucks. I am acquainted with Mr Strause. He's been *very* active as an advocate.

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
The prices will go through the roof. The state laws are much like the effect that prop 19 would have had. It allows local government to impede your rights to grow by regulation, control and taxes. All of the other proposed laws do the same to one degree or an other. Only one that stops the monopoly that will occur in very limited areas of the State where local government does not take this approach is CCHI. Those areas where it will be allowed, big pharma and corporations will take over. You can complain and try to fight it on a local basis and hope for the best , or you can get out and vote for CCHI. It can win if you want it bad enough to take a stand. If not, you can already see what`s coming. It`s your State and local Government , be evolved !

Top Bottom