City Cultivation Ban?

• Thread starter v1sual
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
liketosmoke

liketosmoke

Cchi can be signed at The Harvest Company in Redding if you are around the Shasta county area
hear is 2 more places to sign
Shasta County
  • Queen of Dragons
    Non-profit Collective & Club
    5044 Shasta Dam Blvd.
    Shasta Lake City, CA 96019
    Hours:
    Mon-Sat 10am-7pm
    Phone:
    530-276-9771

• Round Mountain Garden Supply
  • 29430 Highway 299 East
    Round Mountain, CA 96084

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Uhh... please forgive me for making the observation, but given what I've been told, that CCHI is nowhere nearly in the area of having enough signatures to get onto the ballot, I have to ask this question--why focus on low population areas like Shasta Co? Why not put their effort where it'll get them results, like SD, SF, or LA?

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
Uhh... please forgive me for making the observation, but given what I've been told, that CCHI is nowhere nearly in the area of having enough signatures to get onto the ballot, I have to ask this question--why focus on low population areas like Shasta Co? Why not put their effort where it'll get them results, like SD, SF, or LA?
They do collect in those areas but every vote is needed!

CelticEBE

CelticEBE

New places are popping up.....CCHI is gaining some momentum!!!!! If anyone from Del Norte is reading this thread....and wants to sign CCHI!!!!

• Del Norte County
  • Twisted Lily Garden Store
    275 L St (next to Wild Bill's)
    Crescent City, CA 95531

MIKEZILLA

MIKEZILLA

Anyone out in placer county that can give a quick run down on the scene in that area? I am relocating.

MIKEZILLA

MIKEZILLA

Anyone have any dealings wit LA in roseville or placer county for that matter?

Lovelylisa

Lovelylisa

My county has already placed limits on both indoor and outdoor cultivation. IIRC some of the local cities have place outright bans, but again, this was done some years ago.

Are these munis doing this in response to the upcoming legislation? Which cities?
You have to stick together as if you live together. Go to the City Hall meeting when it's a open floor you get up one by one state your case here you have 5 min. Some give you 3 min. What ever it is state your case and keep going back and keep on keeping on. Don't stop. Don't be afraid as long as you have your recommendation your covered they can't touch you. But it takes persistents and band together. We did in our city.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
@markscastle -- how's it working out in your neck of the woods, with the good ol' boys club you get to work with?

@Lovelylisa -- we've put in a lot of time, energy, effort here in Amador. One huge problem is that locals who grow don't want to make themselves known. I understand why. After I was attacked in a home invasion, I learned that more than a few of my neighbors felt I should have been killed in the attack. I cannot describe the feeling.

We got involved in January when they had another meeting about the local ordinance, less than a dozen others showed up. Hubby lost his job last November and there's no work up here, so we're losing our home and moving to SoCal. The locals can have it. And by that I mean they can watch Calaveras, next county to the south of us, reap the rich rewards of regulation. While each and every Amador Co supervisor sits there with their thumbs up their asses, trying to figure out how the county's going to pay for things like a staff psychiatrist, and full time employees while they still reap over $5K/mth for themselves.

We've also been involved in local politics, so... yeah, I've got a bitter taste in my mouth.

Lovelylisa

Lovelylisa

@markscastle -- how's it working out in your neck of the woods, with the good ol' boys club you get to work with?

@Lovelylisa -- we've put in a lot of time, energy, effort here in Amador. One huge problem is that locals who grow don't want to make themselves known. I understand why. After I was attacked in a home invasion, I learned that more than a few of my neighbors felt I should have been killed in the attack. I cannot describe the feeling.

We got involved in January when they had another meeting about the local ordinance, less than a dozen others showed up. Hubby lost his job last November and there's no work up here, so we're losing our home and moving to SoCal. The locals can have it. And by that I mean they can watch Calaveras, next county to the south of us, reap the rich rewards of regulation. While each and every Amador Co supervisor sits there with their thumbs up their asses, trying to figure out how the county's going to pay for things like a staff psychiatrist, and full time employees while they still reap over $5K/mth for themselves.

We've also been involved in local politics, so... yeah, I've got a bitter taste in my mouth.
Wow I am so sorry that you got treated like that we are humans not animals. No I would not even treat an animal like that. We have voted on this matter. Why vote if they are going to continue to criminize us for speaking our opinions again I'm so sorry that you got treated the way you did..

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
So sorry your losing your house. Hope you mean your selling to move , not foreclosed on. Yep Amador is the most conservative county in the state. Nice country but full of red neck anti- pot people. I grew up (partly) near Mt. Lassen so know the country well. Sending my best vibes and prayers to you and yours!

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
OK quote didn` t work, that was in reference to Seamaiden`s comments. Oh I`m plugging along. Hoping to get by code enforcement one more year before I move lower onto the property. I`m only growing half of the size of crop I did last year.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
So sorry your losing your house. Hope you mean your selling to move , not foreclosed on. Yep Amador is the most conservative county in the state. Nice country but full of red neck anti- pot people. I grew up (partly) near Mt. Lassen so know the country well. Sending my best vibes and prayers to you and yours!
Thank you, it's very much appreciated. :) You are NOT kidding about the red neck aspect! The first month we moved here I felt like I was in Louisiana again. In the end it turns out I wasn't so far off the mark. In California, of all places, too.

After discussing our options with a real estate agent, we were directed to a bankruptcy attorney. We wanted to do a short sale and then restructure, but, go figure--you have to have an income to restructure.

We're going to be landing in the high desert, not far at all from where regulation is being fully embraced (Desert Hot Springs, Adelanto, Coachella, etc). We've already been able to start building a resource base, there are jobs galore down there as compared to here, my family's down there, too. We're going to be living across the road from my folks for a little while at least. And my husband STILL hasn't lost his mind! But he's coming a whole lot closer to understanding why I am the way I am.

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
Could you rent the place out to make payments until you could sell ? You could still move if you use a property management company or if you rent to friends or family. Hate to see anyone lose there home/ equity but if that happens it's not the end but a set back.I know I lost my home .

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Believe me, we've worked through every possible scenario. It's become like my friend with the bum leg that, after 25yrs of surgeries, ended up developing bone cancer, which led to amputation. His life is completely turned around by finally chopping that damned bum leg off and being DONE with it.

We'll bounce back, in large part because we'll not only have more and better resources down south, but because there is work down there. That's part and parcel of the problem up here, no work. Amador is going to watch Calaveras REAP it in with regulation, while they sit and twiddle their thumbs. Or stick 'em up their asses, whichever feels better at the moment.

Cali clouds

Cali clouds

Believe me, we've worked through every possible scenario. It's become like my friend with the bum leg that, after 25yrs of surgeries, ended up developing bone cancer, which led to amputation. His life is completely turned around by finally chopping that damned bum leg off and being DONE with it.

We'll bounce back, in large part because we'll not only have more and better resources down south, but because there is work down there. That's part and parcel of the problem up here, no work. Amador is going to watch Calaveras REAP it in with regulation, while they sit and twiddle their thumbs. Or stick 'em up their asses, whichever feels better at the moment.

What line of work is your husband in?

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
LAN/WAN engineer, WISP/ISP with his last 16yrs being with a CLEC.

Cali clouds

Cali clouds

Has he found a new job down south yet. Like you say their is a lot of work here.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Got some pokers in the fire! The job prospects are one of the reasons why we're heading (back for me) down there.

Top Bottom