Cleaning Buds While Still In The Ground

• Thread starter Mifarmer
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
cpurola

cpurola

Hi guys,

I am near Port Huron and had same thing happen to my leaves shortly after flower started. I’m going to chalk it up to nute deficiency. I didn’t react soon enough with nutes at transition. Phos and K deficiency with accompanying cal mag deficiency.Gave Big bloom and cal mag and they look better already. They were so beautiful and green during veg! I too have 2 strains of F1 Fast seeds growing—TROPICANNA Poison and Sweet cheese from sweet seeds. I’m mightily impressed with how vigorous these plants are and will certainly continue to use fast flowering strain. My TROPICANNA plants are about a week out from chop. Take care and good Michigan harvest to both of you.
Thanks for the encouragement. I found 3 buds so far (without much looking, on one Fast Jack) with bud rot. I've got weekend obligations but will chop on Monday. Instead of cutting whole branches to dry, I'm going to cut each bud off, dehydrate for a few hours, then use a mesh 4 tier hanging basket to dry them. Should only take a couple of days.
Last year I found rot after hanging the branches for a few days and had to chuck the whole plant.
I'm allergic to mold/mildew so it's important the plants I keep are clean.
Much luck to you too!

cpurola

cpurola

So have you all harvested? I have to wait until the first week of October, probably 3-4th. It's killing me 'cause they're almost ready and the flowers are soooo big! Spent the better part of today using twine to tie up all the branches hanging down.

BTW, I was desperate due to the leaf wilt and hit them all with MycoStop, Recharge and LAL Stop G46. Cost an arm and a leg but I think one (or all) helped curtail the wilt. That, or the thing that was causing the problems up and left. Don't know for sure, but they are better! Next year.......
Pic supposed to show dieing sugar leaves lower on the flower and green healthy leaves near the top.

PurpleLurple

PurpleLurple

No, I haven’t chopped yet. Just plucking fans and sugars that are damaged. And yeah some of them look nasty just before going into the bud. I’m going to keep cutting leaves over the next week with anticipation of harvest on my first three about a week from today. Keep me posted on your harvest. Yeah your pics have a few more weeks left. Good luck friend.

cpurola

cpurola

LAST YEAR 2021
Looked back at some of the pics last year when the wilt took over. Real life got in the way and I couldn't fix it before it got out of control.
The weather didn't help either, my journal says it rained ALOT. Was a sad October.

PurpleLurple

PurpleLurple

Wow that makes me wanna cry. Looks like bud rot yeah? We had terrible wet september last year too. This year much drier. No issues so far...

cpurola

cpurola

Wow that makes me wanna cry. Looks like bud rot yeah? We had terrible wet september last year too. This year much drier. No issues so far...
Yep, I was so pissed, said I'd never grow photos again, but.....
Now we just have to get through the wet and cold before they're done.

Mifarmer

Mifarmer

Well my close up shots look good. Lol. Patiently waiting for just a few trichs to turn amber then Im chopping because even this beauty looks horrific from two feet away. So much wilt, brown yellow and leaf spots. Happy joy.

Screenshot 20220922 155325 Gallery
cpurola

cpurola

So, how is the harvest coming? I thought the Fast Jack Herer would be great but turns out it has a weakness for bud rot. All my big colas had to be trashed. ☹️

Top Bottom