Clones for sex determination for my first time indoor photo period bag seed grow

• Thread starter BearWater
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
BearWater

BearWater

Supporter

Check out post #71 he has a link there for testing @ $4 plus seed testing, I have never used it just passing it along.
Thank you Zab! I have enough of these seeds and it is some fire smoke so i can imagine ill do more runs of them, this would be great if they are able to determine! Thanks again!

BearWater

BearWater

Supporter
I've come up empty handed on information on whether or not taking clones and flowering is actually quicker.....it works, but whether or not it's faster...........
thanks for trying! I think im with 7munkee and being so close anyways I should just wait🤷🏼‍♂️. I have an okay idea what im looking for, I just know how easily one could get missed.

BearWater

BearWater

Supporter
There is a company that will tell you sex of your plants, you just need to send them a piece of the plant I think it’s like $15 each test, discounted if you send more. Would save you time, money, resources. Much easier and faster than cloning and taking the clones to flower.

Im going to check it out for next time. I mentioned to Zab that I have soooo many of these seeds and do plan on growing the strains again it would be totally worth it to get the seeds checked at least. Thanks for the info RGWD0202!

Newty

Newty

thanks for trying! I think im with 7munkee and being so close anyways I should just wait🤷🏼‍♂️. I have an okay idea what im looking for, I just know how easily one could get missed.
I say take 1 or 2 and test the theory, see if the clones show you sex before the plants you didn't take from. Make sure you have a plant you didn't clip and a plant you do clip the same strain so we know genetics isn't influencing the test.

BearWater

BearWater

Supporter
I say take 1 or 2 and test the theory, see if the clones show you sex before the plants you didn't take from. Make sure you have a plant you didn't clip and a plant you do clip the same strain so we know genetics isn't influencing the test.
Thats a good idea Newty! I’ll do it, would you post it here, start a new thread or keep it in the grow diary?

Newty

Newty

Thats a good idea Newty! I’ll do it, would you post it here, start a new thread or keep it in the grow diary?
I would start a new thread with the word experiment or test or something as part of the title. I think it will attract more traffic that way.

Week4Bytch

Week4Bytch

The Cannabis Karen (I'm a Bytch)
Supporter
Oh no you’re not crazy! Im the one that’s crazy : ) I was wanting to get rid of all the males and have the females im keeping all ready in there final pots. I suffer from some anxiety which makes me over think and stress about shit that is out of my control haha. Realistically im only a few weeks away from the 6 week mark on the XX and Raskals. The banana garlic are almost there.

So I may be under the wrong impression but hear me out on this one : ) if I take my cuttings today and flip them to 12/12 today I would know which is which by the end of the weekend. Then I could go and get rid of all the males and the females that I wont keep. (This is all based on my inexperience) and I can start the process of just dealing with my “keepers”. But your first comment makes the most sense! I think im just getting all antsy in my pantsy! 🤣

I think Im the one missing something hahaha.

So in summery what you are thinking is I can wait a few more weeks without having to do the cutting and flip them and will be able to tell pre flower?
Umm, make that two weeks. At least for me, that's what it took my cutting to sex after the flip.

Week4Bytch

Week4Bytch

Supporter
15 bucks per plant?!?! Idk about saving money, I would just go buy guaranteed female clones or feminized seeds for that price. Just my opinion, at least for the OP situation anyways but see benefits in a commercial operation.

@BearWater determining sex by cuttings is going to work great for you until you forget which one is which 😋
I know someone that does it for $4 a plant

Week4Bytch

Week4Bytch

Supporter

Check out post #71 he has a link there for testing @ $4 plus seed testing, I have never used it just passing it along.
Oops..beat me to the punch.. yes that guy....

Week4Bytch

Week4Bytch

Supporter
Here's my story... I sent out leaf samples (4 of them) to get tested and he spotted one male with a "possible" 2nd male of the four leaf samples. I took clones off of all of them just in case. Free flower is free flower. The "possible" male turned out to be a male. I flipped that clone to get some experience on how to spot a male clone. It starts from the very top. And took two weeks. Regulars just do it for me, they are some of the most robust plants and grow super quick. (says the guy who just popped some feminized seeds 😂 ) but seriously. regulars had me at hello.

Latest posts

Top Bottom