Clones from harvested females

• Thread starter GarlicBudExpert
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
GarlicBudExpert

GarlicBudExpert

Oh I see, you are pheno hunting to make f3's. Still no reason to reveg. Just keep clones of every thing until you whittle it down to your best 10 female and best 10 males. Then you need to breed each male to each female and keep track of them. Now you have 100 packs of seeds. Then plant 100 of each pack. That's 10,000 seeds. Don't forget to clone and label everything.
I don't have space to grow 10,000+ plants to see. I like to stick with my f1s. I have thousands of seeds and everyone so far has been top shelf quality. I don't even do clones anymore.
Exactly I'm on step F3 and I'm confident using the best harvest plant is the best way to reach a higher level of IBL

I clearly learned guessing and cloning is too much work when harvested weed speaks volumes on who leads the next generation F3
Resized 20211005 1514171

growsince79

growsince79

Tried that ... clones did not all take

So I had a mess of clones,out of a few plants, that had no issues cloning.

Not sure it takes 6 weeks to reveg.

This is week 3 in reveg and the first clone ... is taking great too.

this plant finished in 4 weeks outdoors and luckily I was able to dig it up and bring it inside

Not surprised it's cloning excellent too..
View attachment 1181098 and I took a clone from it. View attachment 1181097
Once you get more practice, you'll rarely lose a clone. But make 2 of everything just to be sure.

growsince79

growsince79

Exactly I'm on step F3 and I'm confident using the best harvest plant is the best way to reach a higher level of IBL

I clearly learned guessing and cloning is too much work when harvested weed speaks volumes on who leads the next generation F3 View attachment 1181103
Good luck. Unless you can grow hundreds of plants, you chances of getting an f4 that's better than your f2 is very slim. It can happen though. You might win the powerball.

growsince79

growsince79

THIS ONE OUTPERFORMED THE REST.
IT WASN'T EVEN THE BEST OF 10,

MAYBE 4TH IN RATING EACH PLANT.

THIS PLANT WILL BE THE MOTHER CLONE PRODUCER AND AS YOU CAN SEE, IT ALSO HAS REVEGGED LIKE A BOSS.

Garlic bud will be crossed with my soon to be male purple headband plants

And I have 1 Sour D 🌱

Garlic Giggle will be it's name

And if SD is female

Sour Giggles will be it's name.

Point is the top effect of purple headband is giggling.

View attachment 1181060
If you breed it to those mentioned, you get f1 seeds - not f3 and not an ibl. If space/ plant count is limited it's probably a better choice than trying to make an ibl

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

Very true. Also, just because a clone is the best keeper doesn't mean it's the best breeder. I've made seeds from sister plants where the seeds from #2 made better offspring than the seeds from #1 keeper.
That's something I've never had the opportunity to notice. It would never occur to me to make seeds with any plant but a keeper female. Her sisters would be history by that time.

I don't doubt it's true. One female may have a knack for divvying up her genes in a more beneficial way for breeding.

growsince79

growsince79

That's something I've never had the opportunity to notice. It would never occur to me to make seeds with any plant but a keeper female. Her sisters would be history by that time.

I don't doubt it's true. One female may have a knack for divvying up her genes in a more beneficial way for breeding.
Exactly. It's something to do with recessive genes. Just like people, the kid with the smartest parents ain't always the sharpest knife in the drawer. I'm no pro, but I think that's why they say do open pollination. It's easier than keeping track of 10,000 different combinations. I only ever made it to f3's once. After that bad experience, I went back to the f1s.
It's just next to impossible to pull it off without a large population.

GarlicBudExpert

GarlicBudExpert

Oh I see, you are pheno hunting to make f3's. Still no reason to reveg. Just keep clones of every thing until you whittle it down to your best 10 female and best 10 males. Then you need to breed each male to each female and keep track of them. Now you have 100 packs of seeds. Then plant 100 of each pack. That's 10,000 seeds. Don't forget to clone and label everything.
I don't have space to grow 10,000+ plants to see. I like to stick with my f1s. I have thousands of seeds and everyone so far has been top shelf quality. I don't even do clones anymore.

I clearly learned guessing and cloning is too much work when harvested weed speaks volumes on who leads the next generation F3
resized_20211005_151417-1-jpeg.1181103

If you breed it to those mentioned, you get f1 seeds - not f3 and not an ibl. If space/ plant count is limited it's probably a better choice than trying to make an ibl

This is how it works — If you don't clone every plant, the plant you didn't clone is the keeper.
I got 2 clones off the mother plant

They lacked the potency vigor and flavor of the Mom

It grew nice.

I'm taking the seeds and finding the best male then coming back to a F2 clone to seed it.

That's how i thought IBL evolves.

GarlicBudExpert

GarlicBudExpert

SORRY FORGOT TO MENTION THE OFFSPRING GARLIC BUD MALE BACK TO F2 female

Be a treat to see F1s of two great strains Purple headband and Garlic bud.

This Garlic bud is a heavy hitting stone. A few times I felt overdosed on this dank lol

I'm a heavy smoker and GB didn't care. It came stomping on the receptors and no doubt some of the best weed ever created

growsince79

growsince79

SORRY FORGOT TO MENTION THE OFFSPRING GARLIC BUD MALE BACK TO F2 female

Be a treat to see F1s of two great strains Purple headband and Garlic bud.

This Garlic bud is a heavy hitting stone. A few times I felt overdosed on this dank lol

I'm a heavy smoker and GB didn't care. It came stomping on the receptors and no doubt some of the best weed ever created
I hear ya. Every grower I know has the best weed ever created. gl with it

Hopefull Stoner

Hopefull Stoner

I just think it’s funny as fuck to make simple shit complicated and then try to justify doing so based on obvious lack of experience. Yet, u mention IBL as the goal frfr 😱🧐

stop 🛑 go back and do ur homework cause all the breeding info you should know the basics of I doubt I have command of yet based on ur post above.

Kiss keep it simple stupid applies to us getting a working understanding of whatever.? Then we proceed with notes aiding us so we stay on track.

FYI you’re rehashing unneeded crap. Google all the bs instead of starting from square one. It confuses folks who should be paying attention but feel compelled to ask a ton of useless questions because of lack of knowledge/experience. Huge waste of time effort and brain 🧠 power imho. Wish you the best regardless. ☯️

GarlicBudExpert

GarlicBudExpert

I just think it’s funny as fuck to make simple shit complicated and then try to justify doing so based on obvious lack of experience. Yet, u mention IBL as the goal frfr 😱🧐 stop 🛑 go back and do ur homework cause all the breeding info you should know the basics of I doubt I have command of yet based on ur post above. Kiss keep it simple stupid applies to us getting a working understanding of whatever.? Then we proceed with notes aiding us so we stay on track. FYI you’re rehashing unneeded crap. Google all the bs instead of starting from square one. It confuses folks who should be paying attention but feel compelled to ask a ton of useless questions because of lack of knowledge/experience. Huge waste of time effort and brain 🧠 power imho. Wish you the best regardless. ☯️

No such thing of guessing your best plant it must be harvested dried and cured.

Leave a little bud on for revegging. .

Saves time and keeps it simple.

Why would you bother with the clone mess?

Reveg clones are the way to go.

Something wrong with IBL Reveg??

Latest posts

Top Bottom