Clones Help

• Thread starter narleyharley
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
N

narleyharley

Your looking in the right direction for seed stock bro med man's got fire wall to wall celing to the floors bro he takes his time and sets goals when breeding he don't just reverse other ppls gear and sell watered down genetics. BOG is another highly recommended breeder IMHO there is not a whole lot of honest breeders left today more ppl in it for the paper rather then end product.

I get seeds from helping hands bud depot In Lyons. They do non fem and they grow organic how I do.... all of their house buds are stablized with Gupta kush.....

But yeah I think im a do that

N

narleyharley

They are not salty. They are hungry. You've taken/gotten cuts from plants that were being fed , and now they are starving. Your honey is not enough. Research a more conventional cloning method or technique and you will have success. Best of luck.
Peace

Well, actually. Clones should never photosynthesize on themselves, meaning. the light should never be close enough to incite photosynthesis. So technically during the seedling cutting phase, no nutrients should be used. They need just enough light to live bit not enough to photosynthesize or they will become cannabilistic cannabis.

N

narleyharley

Just an opinion it looks by the leaf and stem color that the mother wasn't in the best shape when the clones were taken. I've seen this from mothers kept in to small of a container too long or she had some lockout issue. In my experience they may or may not shoot roots and if they do it will take three or more weeks.

Good luck Narley

Slap
I believe 4 of them Will have there nubs turn into roots with the next week but yeah, I think they were bad mothers.

N

narleyharley

Those are all IMO and from the research I've done. Honey or aloe usually work waaay better then synthetic hormones And have a higher return. If taken from healthy mommaz the clones should come back 9/10

ShroomKing

ShroomKing

Best of luck. Peace
Those are all IMO and from the research I've done. Honey or aloe usually work waaay better then synthetic hormones And have a higher return. If taken from healthy mommaz the clones should come back 9/10
I completely disagree. Clones need a little food. Also ....Those clones have too much foliage. They need to be trimmed out to have the top and 2-3 fan leaves that are trimmed halfway. This forces the plant to focus on rooting instead of trying to save leaves. I didn't suggest you use synthetics, I suggested that you study some cloning techniques. Because those clones are salvagable. The leaf growth on them assures me they came from healthy enough moms.
But im sure youll be fine. Best of luck.

Last edited:
N

narleyharley

I completely disagree. Clones need a little food. Also ....Those clones have too much foliage. They need to be trimmed out to have the top and 2-3 fan leaves that are trimmed halfway. This forces the plant to focus on rooting instead of trying to save leaves. I didn't suggest you use synthetics, I suggested that you study some cloning techniques. Because those clones are salvagable. The leaf growth on them assures me they came from healthy enough moms.
But im sure youll be fine. Best of luck.

Oh gotcha well I'm going to look into more methods.... I've thought of using rockwool, and Saran wrap or foil, but apply the honey or aloe just how you would apply hormones, then just add water. I've alsI heard of just putting them in a glass of water In a window sill takes 2 weeks but works and it's just water. So, idk, it takes longer but all clones really need is water and indirect light coverage. (or light where no depth happens)

What food Would you suggest I use

ShroomKing

ShroomKing

Best of luck. Peace
Oh gotcha well I'm going to look into more methods.... I've thought of using rockwool, and Saran wrap or foil, but apply the honey or aloe just how you would apply hormones, then just add water. I've alsI heard of just putting them in a glass of water In a window sill takes 2 weeks but works and it's just water. So, idk, it takes longer but all clones really need is water and indirect light coverage. (or light where no depth happens)

What food Would you suggest I use

I would get a cloning tray with a dome , a seedling heating pad, some rapid rooter cubes, some clonex, and some General Organics Grow.

I would heat up in microwave some RO water till its warm but not hot. Then I would add 1/4 strength Grow. Let rapid rooters soak in this for 20 minutes. Then recut clones at 45* angle, trim leaves properly, dip in clonex and place into warm rooter cube and then into clone dome , atop heating pad. Keep under low light, and keep cubes moist with your Grow at 1/4 strength , but not wet. Open dome daily, remove dome about day 5. Done by day 10 and ready for planting.

N

narleyharley

Nice, I've been thinking about the dome... thanks for that info man, I appreciate it. im a implement some of that method Into my method, thanks man, appreciaTe it

ShroomKing

ShroomKing

Best of luck. Peace
Nice, I've been thinking about the dome... thanks for that info man, I appreciate it. im a implement some of that method Into my method, thanks man, appreciaTe it
No problem. I want to see you succeed. Best of luck.
Peace

juiceyjay

juiceyjay

They are not salty. They are hungry. You've taken/gotten cuts from plants that were being fed , and now they are starving. Your honey is not enough. Research a more conventional cloning method or technique and you will have success. Best of luck.
Peace
I would say follow his advice. I like organic as well. But there is nothing wrong with cloning gel. Any synthetic you don't want will be long gone by flower time

N

narleyharley

Yeah, I've learned alot since then..... Now I run half tupur half build a soil in veg tent and running Rx green solutions, now in my flower tent its all built up soil and no bottles needed. Working on 2md no till at the moment. Synthetics rock for veg, fuck that shit for flower. :)

Junk

Junk

I'm going to have to attempt to clone some stuff like this. I've seen a couple threads with questions like this, & I can't help because I've never done it that way.

I've always used root riot cubes & clonex gel.

I don't quite understand doing it the way pictured above. Why not just have it in the medium while it's making the roots? It will not yellow in a peat cube (unless something is wrong).

As far as clones go, nothing about them seems off. They always look a little sad for a while after they leave their mom. The last one doesn't look good, but I wouldn't consider it lost. The rest look fine in my opinion.

Bay1143

Bay1143

They are definitely really yellow. I don't know if the mother is like that or not but somethings up for sure. They look like they could be ok though. I would let them root, put them in a small pot/solo cup and see if they snap out of it before tossing them.
Might try Epsom salt foliar spray may have Mag deficiency

Latest posts

Top Bottom