Clones looking worse by the minute

• Thread starter Mr.
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
mastacheeser

mastacheeser

How about a dip in Physan 20? I've been thinking about that to prevent further spread of powdery mildew in absence of a good systemic (Excel LG ain't it).
only used the excel as a spray, and like the green cure more for pm
i also do regular sulfur burns as preventave

M

Mr.

This is actually the second batch of clones. The first I tossed already, and started over with these. The first batch I sprayed with regular non ph'd RO water, but they had ph issues like crazy and leaves turning yellow and all sorts of stuff along with the wilting.
Now that the water is ph'd there is no yellowing of the leaves, but they still look bad. I will not be buying any fluoro's and only using the mh to get the them started, but I can back it off as much as need be. Thanks for the help people this is frustrating to say the least after spending 3+ months designing and setting up the room and expecting a smooth takeoff and getting this instead.
The plants look the same if not worse this morning. The plants look like they need water bad, but the plugs that they are in are wet. Temp is 74, humidity 70, and the light is 4 ft away now. The last time I misted them or watered the plug was yesterday. Nothing seems to be making them perk back up. Fortunately, I will be doing trees and not sog so I am not messing up tons of clones, but it sucks finding a cut of a good strain and killing it, and then having to wait for new drops to come into PNC or wherever and hope they have something that I want.
This is a $25k room and I need to get some plants growing quick. I am going to go get some new clones today. Would any of you be willing to list a step by step procedure on what to do when I put them in the room? Even if it is a simple list, I just don't want to keep doing this to each set of clones that I get. Trust me on the fact that I have done my research but I'm still not seeing the results that I am seeking.

M

mellokitty

babies are sensitive to sudden changes of any sort, including breathing the new air in your room. personally, i'd do a cover/uncover cycle with a clear dome on your tray for a few days before full-on introducing them to your room. (2-4 hrs covered with 15-30min open) (when i uncover at this point, i like to prop the lid open with something instead of taking it right off). think goldfish, sort of. this is a good time to do any 'quarantining' you're going to do, although at this point i'd go with a non-toxic dip of some sort (just the plant, not the plug). i'm personally fond of neem + peppermint dr bronners + a drop of superthrive or b1 with a second dipping in clean water a few hours later.
also: after letting them recover from the move for a day or 2, i'd plant them. exposed roots abhor light, the recovering baby needs it. the only solution would seem to get those roots covered. (you should be able to stop doing the cover/uncover thing once you do this).
you want to let them have a bit of a wet/dry cycle, don't keep them constantly wet (but don't let them get bone dry, either). the roots need to *need before they'll start exploring, and root growth will perk them up on top, too.

i've sent tens of thousands of babies into the world, they are finicky little brats. hit me up if you need more help.

mastacheeser

mastacheeser

no standing water. high humidity first days (100%) then gradually ease off the humidity... mist leaves for the first 6-7 days (couple times a day)

if they are well rooted you shouldnt need to mist at all
all of the club cuts i pick up i dip and throw right in my hydro/aero/soil
you may have drown these babies, it coulda been the light

MarijuanaBaybee

MarijuanaBaybee

yup i agree either they drownded or too much light. yo what i dont understand is how you gunna spend 25k n not know how to do this? is it just me or was this a bad move

M

Mr.

Figured someone was gonna think that... cause i would be thinking the same thing, but this is my dream as it is many peoples and I don't have time to start small. I don't think that this was a bad move, risky maybe, but not bad. I honestly thought the clones were gonna be fine. I have seen a 1000w hps light 4ft above fresh clones and each one turned out fine. So it is shocking that my 500w light that far away would cause issues.

Well, I'm gonna keep pushing ahead. I have an awesome set up and an arsenal of nutes, preventatives, and gadgets to ensure a good crop if used correctly. It is not an option to stop or to do this on a smaller scale. I would have loved to have started growing years ago so I'd be a more experienced grower by now but that is not the case. I believe that with what I know already and with the help of growers on here that this can be a successful grow. If I didn't believe that then I'd be one upset guy. At least we are all going to have a new grow show to watch and learn from.

Aligee

Aligee

theres a product called anti-wilt that is sprayed on cuts/plants to prevent them from releasing there moisture causing them to wilt let it dry and it forms a shiny coat on plant/cuts then lightly spray them... clones are very important in my game invest in a tray/dome/heat mat/thermostat and you won't look back guaranteed bro... good luck ,,, ali G.

Tobor the 8th Man

Tobor the 8th Man

Supporter
It really isn't a mystery why they wilted. They were fine when you got them. Then they wilted under your light. It is an odd light too. A 500w MH. I know they make them but the only place I see bulbs like that at 1000 bulbs or places like that. You have a new $25K room and you bought 500w lights? How/why?

You had a 500w MH only 12 inches away from the clones. All my MH bulbs are hotter than the same size HPS bulb. When I run MH my rooms always have higher temps that need dealt with.

Did you stick one or all in the fridge?

M

Mr.

On my way out the door to grab the anti-wilt and a clone dome now. So can I spray them and the inside of the dome with ph'd ro water or just reg 7.2ph ro water? Do you follow the instructions on the label of the anti-wilt or use less?

Do you think I'd have better luck putting the dome with clones in a shadowed area with indirect light, or direct light many feet away?

M

Mr.

The light is a 1000w MH dimmed to 50% on a Quantum. I stuck one in the fridge and it didn't look any better after an hour of being in there. I am going out to get some new healthy cuts now to test out the new methods on. thanks for all the advice

M

Mr.Newcastle

I got clones 8 feet away from a 1000MH and off to the side for few days now. Going to move them closer later tonight. They look great. Baby steps to the intense light. They are babies still. Get er done. Im rolling up some finger hash and kickin up the heels. Harvesting always takes longer than anticipated. Peace.

Cort

Cort

Cash seems to be no problem. Invest in some T5s and you will have some happier babies (as far as light goes)

M

Mr.

Quantum T5's are part of the planned upgrade after the first harvest. Kind of hesitant to get them now. Already 5k over initial budget, so if I can make the lights that I have work for me then I'd like to try and do so. I've seen it done w/o fluros so I know it can be done. In hindsight, yes I should have got the t5's with all the other gear.

Got the dome, sprayed the inside of dome, room temp 75, rh 72%, got a new clone in there to compare to the others, and bought the anti-wilt. thanks again for all of the feedback it helped

lazarus718

lazarus718

Like your resolve bro, wish I had those kind of funds to throw around though man! Ever thought about growing from seed? For all the money you just spent on clones you could have some killer genetics laying around waiting to be popped...plus you don't have to worry about carrying other people's pests and problems into your grow. Then you can have your mother room and practice your cloning at that point. What I don't understand is how you invested so much into a grow and didn't buy T-5's for your clone room? Talk about saving yourself some headaches. They aren't very expensive man, and they are carried EVERYWHERE. I do understand the whole "it's my dream" thing, but why go with clones immediately and why not have fluoros? Shit, you could have bought a $20 sack of schwag and popped beans from that to practice with first. I know time is money bro, but money is money too.

M

Mr.

Yeah, I'd love to have the time to grow from seed and pick the best phenos and what not, but that is my next step. Right now, the step is to do the best that I can do with clones, so that is what I have to do. I'd also love to breed my own strains and do all of that, but it just has to wait for now.

The rush for this believe it or not is not just time but it is medically needed. Horticulture therapy is a therapeutic technique used by me to prevent deterioration of my condition.

B

bonerface

I noticed how many nutes you mentioned in your post. Remember to start slow with the nutes. Newbies always burn plants. It already sounds like you are gung ho on the nutes so start small and slow or you will be going back for clones again.

mastacheeser

mastacheeser

i def know how it feels to start to big and not have it turn out
first run was 3 rooms with 8k light
3 runs in we hit our stride, and my collective partner got popped helping somebody set up that wasnt legal
tore down just to be careful
with no job, $2k monthly power bill and 1500 rent a 3 month set back will def add some stress to your life
i try to view all my failures as one of a kind learning expierences
keep at it homie, their isnt a better way to live:)

mastacheeser

mastacheeser

also ive had several switchable ballasts that didnt switch when i got them home
i dont purchase these anymore becasue i kept having problems
are you sure your lights are going down to 50%?

M

Mr.

Thanks and there is a noticeable difference between 100% and 50%. With 100% there are no shadows in the room. With 50% there are shadows. This morning was the first morning that I woke up to see clones that look happy and healthy. I have them in a clone dome without a heat pad and they look so much better. Thanks to the person who recommended the dome it really seems to be helping.

lazarus718

lazarus718

Yeah, I'd love to have the time to grow from seed and pick the best phenos and what not, but that is my next step. Right now, the step is to do the best that I can do with clones, so that is what I have to do. I'd also love to breed my own strains and do all of that, but it just has to wait for now.

The rush for this believe it or not is not just time but it is medically needed. Horticulture therapy is a therapeutic technique used by me to prevent deterioration of my condition.

That makes sense then man, you'll get the technique down before long. I would tell you though that growing from seed is not a huge difference time wise...once you get your germing down you have (on average) one to two days to sprout, another 3 to 4 to pop soil, then once you hit your 3rd week of seedlings they take off. With clones you have the rooting period and all of that, and until you get it down to a science you are going to have a higher percentage of clones that don't make it. I really don't think growing from seed to start your little operation would take all the time you think it would. But either way, you'll get a method down and you'll have more bud then you know what to do with. Glad to hear the dome did the trick for you. Too bad you didn't have a buddy that could hook you up with a few moms to start with.

Latest posts

Top Bottom