Clones Sexing At 3 Weeks After Transplanting

• Thread starter Shawnery
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

Shawnery

I have clones in an RDWC system that I transplanted about weeks ago. First of all they are growing like they've been topped. There's secondary stems coming out of each internodal. Second issue is that there are two pistils coming out of each internodal section.

The lights are on a 18/6 schedule, temps are 75, humidity 65, water temps 70 but with lots of air and hydroguard. Not sure what could cause this or if it's just normal. This is only my second and half, lost the second harvest, so I have very little experience.

Any advice or don't worry that's normal, would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

S

Shawnery

And they smell stronger than my last harvest when I switched them to 12/12.

S

Shawnery

The info I've found online, a full grow diary, using my exact mix says I'm running to low. I understand everything I've been told and all my experiences say that's wrong but. The guy is running my nutes at the ratio of 12 12 6 which comes out to roughly 1200ppm from seedling on. His never looked like mine and had a great grow from start to finish. Beautiful lush plants the entire grow. Other threads have said the same thing

I in no way am saying this is right or wrong just pointing out what I've read about the exact Fert. I think my plants look like they are deficient in perhaps a number of nutrients. It would be safe to assume that the problem is over Fert and then getting lockout on certain nutrients. The only problem is that not only is it growing fast it is also growing like a bush. It just doesn't seem as if I would get this kind of growth with lockout.

If 1200 was right and I started at 500 then that could be the cause of the deficiencies. Unless the guy is just lying I can't see how his grow could go so well with 1200ppm at seedling stage and then I could be over fertilizing with only 500ppm.

Doesn't that seem a little strange?

NGA

NGA

Your plants are stressed ,differently have Deficiency of sorts,the amount of food has nothing to do with it ,I have grown many crops starting clones out on the max amount of Nutes start to finish not one problem ,a lot of people have problems when they increase their nutes weekly and such,I'll be honest I'm not great at deficiency problems but it looks a little like mag ,I would flush them good ph well try a little Epsom salts 1 gram per gallon if it don't help it won't hurt either

S

Shawnery

Couldn't my lights be causing all these issues. Deficiencies, tip burn, plant stress and to fast of growth?

I'm going to give it a week and raise my ppm to 900 over the next few days. I know everything says that's wrong. Everything being equal two similar systems should run on near the same ppm depending strain but close.

The only thing different about my system and the other is my ppm's. His are higher, 1200, nine are lower 500. His look beautiful mine look deficient. Wouldn't it be great if growing anything was that simple!

NGA

NGA

One thing is the strain some are prone to deficiencys ,I have one strain doesn't matter what nutes I use same deficiency, did you mention you lost a crop and why

Dutchcity

Dutchcity

Your plants are hungry and / or ph is off. And by the looks of the photos you have thrip damage.

Dutchcity

Dutchcity

That white speckling on your smaller leaves is caused by thrips. You need to spray.

DGP

DGP

I am running a recirculating system (undercurrent) and I am raising a different strain but I am in week one with visible flowers and the plants are 2 feet tall with almost 2 inch diameter trunks and 5 gallons of roots and every time I try to go over 600 ppm the tips start to yellow and turn downward as if I am reaching an over dose of nutes. In my grow I can't imagine going to 1200 anytime soon or even late in flower.

What type of RDWC are you running and is it the same as the other fellow that is claiming he is running 1200? If I ran anything over 350 with my seedlings they get fried. I am not saying that your wrong or anything just sharing where my RDWC system wants to run.

My veg tent is top feed (bottom of the bucket returns) RDWC and the flower room is a UC type.

Dee

S

Shawnery

I have absolutely no bugs at all and you'll just have to trust me on that. I agree that my plants look hungry and So I am upping my ppm's. My deficiency looks a lot like iron as well as others. My ph is perfect at 5.8 so that is not the issue. The pen was just Set up and it's a good brand.

DGP

DGP

That white speckling on your smaller leaves is caused by thrips. You need to spray.
If you have thrips you will find them on the underside of the leaves and they really like the newest growth. You'll need a good microscope (like a USB microscope) or jewelers loupe to see them.

Edit: your post came across while I was typing, glad you don't have bugs.

Dee

S

Shawnery

I agree with everything about high ppm's sounding like the wrong choice but they look hungry to me and there is no sign of root lockout. Root lockout is why I list my last crop and the symptoms were much different.

DGP

DGP

I hope you figure it out, I am very interested to see where this lands......

Dee

Top Bottom